Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caprica returns to syfy in October 2010 !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even though it's been a horribly long wait, I'm still really looking forward to seeing where this goes. Hopefully it will get more viewership because I don't really know if it will survive another set of episodes that don't pull good ratings.

Comment

That'd be a shame, yeah. The first few episodes were slow and I can see why people hooked off, but imo it's one of the best shows currently on (well, it's now on break) air.
      Mia: Don't you hate that?
      Vincent: Hate what?
      Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
      Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
      Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
      - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Syfy just announced that it's moving the premiere of season 1.5 of Caprica to Oct. 5 at 10 p.m. instead of the originally planned return in January 2011. This is good news for fans who were left hanging with the midseason finale cliffhanger back in March and were disappointed that the show would take so long to return.

The move will put Caprica on Tuesday nights following Stargate Universe and push back the premiere of the new season of Sanctuary to Friday, Oct. 15, at 10 p.m. Sanctuary will air on Fridays instead of Tuesdays as part of the shift.

Source: http://blastr.com/2010/09/syfy-brings-caprica-back.php

Comment

This was already reported in the news thread.

Can someone change the title of the thread, please?

Comment

This thread is now really confusing, it would be better to lock it and open a new one about October 2010 as all the initial discussion assumes a different start date.

That being said, exciting and "maybe" a good sign for the show!
            sigpic

Comment

I'm sad that SyFy didn't re-air season 1 (the first half?) before starting. {Of Caprica OR SGU!!} But hopefully this season will play out that new viewers won't be overly confused if they jump in at this point.

Comment

They reair most of SGU S01 on 28th and episodes 6-9 of Caprica on 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiristi View Post
                  They reair most of SGU S01 on 28th and episodes 6-9 of Caprica on 5th.
                  "Most" is the key word there. I don't know about you, but if I'm just looking for a new show to try I'm not about to sit through 5+ hours of the unknown in one day unless its something I was already invested in, in which case I would've (and have!) watched the show from the beginning. In my opinion its not a very good way to bring in new viewers.

Comment

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
                    "Most" is the key word there. I don't know about you, but if I'm just looking for a new show to try I'm not about to sit through 5+ hours of the unknown in one day unless its something I was already invested in, in which case I would've (and have!) watched the show from the beginning. In my opinion its not a very good way to bring in new viewers.
                    Thier is not scheduling time to run marathons of all the episodes of previous seasons of shows
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Thier is not scheduling time to run marathons of all the episodes of previous seasons of shows
                      Oh thats just BS. With all the reruns they play all week long and if they let go some of the crap shows (*cough* wrestling *cough*) there would be plenty of time & then some. I mean, I love Destination Truth, but do we need to have a marathon of reruns of it tomorrow?

Comment

I am looking forward to this. since I wasn't a BSG watcher (raises forceshield) I am totally oblivious to the cylon storyline and am watching this series cold Hope it continues to be good
                        no means no, and so does pepper spray
                        Sig by The Carpenter
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                          I am looking forward to this. since I wasn't a BSG watcher (raises forceshield) I am totally oblivious to the cylon storyline and am watching this series cold Hope it continues to be good
                          I never watched the newer BSG (just the original with Lorne Greene) either, but I LOVE Caprica. I think its really great and hope more viewers do give it a try this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
                            Oh thats just BS. With all the reruns they play all week long and if they let go some of the crap shows (*cough* wrestling *cough*) there would be plenty of time & then some. I mean, I love Destination Truth, but do we need to have a marathon of reruns of it tomorrow?
                            Whats crap to you is gold to someone else. Sy Fy is going to run marathons of shows that are more profitable. They also only do catch up marathons to shows on the day said show aired
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

saw a awesome promo today. using the bsg cylon line

"The cylons were created by
                              man. They evolved. They rebelled. And they have a
                              plan."

finally added some credibility to the series for me
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Some of the little teasers they showed tonight during SGU got me pretty excited about it coming back. I can't wait until next Tuesday night.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X