This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graystone mansion up for sale, if you've got $12m to spare

The house used as the Graystone mansion in the pilot of "Caprica" is on the market, and if you're interested, there doesn't seem to be too long of a line.

"It's a hard house to sell because it doesn't really appeal to the people who can actually afford houses in this price range," Vancouver blogger John Chow said. "Most super-rich are married with family. A house that has windows for bedroom walls and a glass bottom walkway isn't very family friendly. However, if your name is Bruce Wayne or Tony Stark, that's another story."

And something I found especially interesting; I had no idea about:
    The house has been on the market even before it was used for "Caprica," Chow said. However, if fans of the show fear this is an omen that Syfy won't pick up the series for a second season, don't fret. The actual mansion was only used for the pilot. After that, recreations of the home's interiors were built on soundstages in Vancouver, and those sets have been used for the first season of "Caprica."
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
      the reimagined BSG miniseries and first season of BSG was totally kick ass, some of the best TV making ever... and not just in the sci fi genre alone.
      The writing is some of the best ive seen too. The pilot episode had so much tension. I actually found myself caring about what happened and the whole premise and situation drew me in. The camerawork and VFX were without a doubt emmy worthy. Everytime the clock was about to hit zero I was holding my breath like the rest of the crew lol. And the thing with the civilian ship was so well done. It was soooo tense and I had no clue what was going to happen. The pilot was frakking amazing. I can't think of anything in there I didn't like (minus the music in the re cap).
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
        The writing is some of the best ive seen too. The pilot episode had so much tension. I actually found myself caring about what happened and the whole premise and situation drew me in. The camerawork and VFX were without a doubt emmy worthy. Everytime the clock was about to hit zero I was holding my breath like the rest of the crew lol. And the thing with the civilian ship was so well done. It was soooo tense and I had no clue what was going to happen. The pilot was frakking amazing. I can't think of anything in there I didn't like (minus the music in the re cap).
        33....wasn't the pilot
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          33....wasn't the pilot
          What. It was amazing! Maybe not the best, but needles to say fraking awesome.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
            What. It was amazing! Maybe not the best, but needles to say fraking awesome.
            I never said it wasn't, 33 was indeed awesome.

But it still wasn't a pilot episode

Comment

I never said it wasn't, 33 was indeed awesome.

But it still wasn't a pilot episode
              Technically it was since 33 was the first epiosode of the TV series of BSG
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

A pilot is made so that prospective networks can judge if they want to pick up a series or not. With the miniseries already made and a season ordered, that wasn't the case with 33. So 'technically', it's not a pilot at all

Comment

A pilot is made so that prospective networks can judge if they want to pick up a series or not. With the miniseries already made and a season ordered, that wasn't the case with 33. So 'technically', it's not a pilot at all
                  Yes. They still needed a episode after the miniseries to pitch to networks because miniseries are filmed and produced way different then a TV show
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

No it isn't, since the full first season was already bought before 33 went into production
                    Mia: Don't you hate that?
                    Vincent: Hate what?
                    Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                    Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                    Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                    - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
                      No it isn't, since the full first season was already bought before 33 went into production
                      You could say that about a lot of cable shows out there (like SGU for example) and yet their first epsidoe is called the pilot
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        You could say that about a lot of cable shows out there (like SGU for example) and yet their first epsidoe is called the pilot
                        Common use and/or fan opinion doesn't make it correct usage of the word.

Comment

Oh I thought you said 33 wasn't the BEST pilot. I totally misread. Man im out of it lol.
                          sigpic

Comment

Common use and/or fan opinion doesn't make it correct usage of the word.
                            Its not just fan opinion. The people who actually work on a show call them pilots. A pilot tends to be the first episode of a series wheither its what they pitch to the network or not.
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

But it's still not a pilot episode. Just because they say it, doesn't make it so.

It's no more correct than all those people who say "I could care less".

Comment

But it's still not a pilot episode. Just because they say it, doesn't make it so.

It's no more correct than all those people who say "I could care less".
                                Yes it is. A pilot episode by definition is the first episode of a television series. I'll admit the miniseries gives BSG a unique start then other shows but 33 is still the pilot. A lot of the confusion is the differences in network and cable TV
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X