Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 1 (219)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
    Great setup for the 90 minute finale. And frack you very much, SciFi, for revealing the election results. Now I have to avoid BSG commercials entirely if I want to stay spoiler-free in the future.
    Funny, I saw no results, just a whole lotta teasin' which may or may not turn out to be true.

Comment

Fear tactics as part of a political campaign? Were have I heard this before? Sometimes I wish the topical would not be pushed into the stories....

Well I expect we have the set up for a brilliant season finale.

**spoiler****

What was the deal with the preview for next week starting off with a written statement "the beginning of the end". Is that end of a series? Is that end of Baltar's deceptions among the people of the fleet? Is that the end of the running, or Rosalyn's presidency? Is that the end of cooperation between military and governement?

Comment

Originally posted by Chig
        Fear tactics as part of a political campaign? Were have I heard this before? Sometimes I wish the topical would not be pushed into the stories....

Well I expect we have the set up for a brilliant season finale.

**spoiler****

What was the deal with the preview for next week starting off with a written statement "the beginning of the end". Is that end of a series? Is that end of Baltar's deceptions among the people of the fleet? Is that the end of the running, or Rosalyn's presidency? Is that the end of cooperation between military and governement?
        Is it the end of the season????...Oh wait it is...damn!
        Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

If they announced the results, I missed it. I was too busy writing up a geek-out fest about the ep for my blog.

Happy to have missed it, though.

Comment

I expect next week we will have our minds blown in the last 10 minutes of the 90 minute episode. These writers are wicked like that. Is it July yet?

Can you feel that season end mind game coming up?

Comment

I loved the banter between Admiral Adama and Kara before she headed off for Caprica..

Comment

is anyone willing to give a more full spoiler report to someone who won't get to see this ep for months?

elly: "Look dude, talk to the host 'cause the goa'uld ain't listening!"

HELEN: "Do NOT walk blood through my house!"

NIKOLA: "How am I supposed to get to the infirmary then?"

HELEN: "I don't care if you sprout wings and flap there Nikola, as long as you don't wreck my good carpet."

Earth: "S**t happens" BSG: "Pencils break"

Comment

No the title to this post does not refer to Calley, though the shoe fits.

Instead I'd like to invest in the company that manufactures the Colonial military transponders. Any product that still functions accurately after materializing from a hyperjump directly into a mountain must be the pinnacle of durability and resilience.

They ought to make the New Orleans levees out of the same stuff.

By the way, what will it take to compel the Chief to spend some time in the Brig? He's killed the Pegasus second in command and Security Chief, aided and abetted a known Cylon, helped to cover up the murder of a superior officer (Crashdown) in a combat situation, and now criminally assaulted Calley.

I know he has skills, but enough is enough.

Comment

Great setup for the 90 minute finale. And frack you very much, SciFi, for revealing the election results. Now I have to avoid BSG commercials entirely if I want to stay spoiler-free in the future.

I loved the scene between Adama and Roslin with her tearing cards, breaking pencils, and giggling before the debate. Especially cute to see them walking down the halls in hysterics.

Roslin handled herself like a true politician during the debate, and I enjoyed her sticking it to Baltar after the show. Part of me does want to see Baltar in charge, if only to enjoy him screaming and running away when the crap really hits the fan.

There was one scene in particular when the raptors jumped, when the camera followed the last raptor from space directly to Caprica's atmosphere. That was a wonderful shot.

Who could be a cyclon? Tyrol is rising in my ranks of possibilities. Roslin's new advisor is still giving me the cyclon itch, but I don't know if TPTB are going to scratch it.

Two questions:

-Did I miss some of the scenes in the “previously” segment? I don’t remember Lee talking with Dee about leaving the Galactica but not her, nor do I remember Kara talking with Roslin about returning to Caprica while Roslin was in the hospital. Were those deleted scenes?

-Was the whole “discretion advised due to violent content” disclaimer because of Tyrol beating up Callie? Because yes, it was traumatic but I didn’t feel it was that violent to warrant a warning. The cliffhanger between Adama and Boomer last season was much more violent – did that have a disclaimer?

YES! That seriously pissed me the frack off.... why would they show us what happens before next week?!?!?! Totally ruined half of next week's episode for me.

And no, I won't tell you who wins.
                    Fan of Sci Fi Fridays..... and I predict that Cally is a Cylon (but she doesn't know it, yet).

Comment

Originally posted by anotherquestion
                      No the title to this post does not refer to Calley, though the shoe fits.

Instead I'd like to invest in the company that manufactures the Colonial military transponders. Any product that still functions accurately after materializing from a hyperjump directly into a mountain must be the pinnacle of durability and resilience.

They ought to make the New Orleans levees out of the same stuff.

OOPH! That quip about New Orleans was horribly distateful. I applaud you.

*golf clap*
                      Fan of Sci Fi Fridays..... and I predict that Cally is a Cylon (but she doesn't know it, yet).

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        If they announced the results, I missed it. I was too busy writing up a geek-out fest about the ep for my blog.

Happy to have missed it, though.

I'd love the link to your blog

Comment

Originally posted by anotherquestion
                          By the way, what will it take to compel the Chief to spend some time in the Brig? He's killed the Pegasus second in command and Security Chief, aided and abetted a known Cylon, helped to cover up the murder of a superior officer (Crashdown) in a combat situation, and now criminally assaulted Calley.
                          Well, he DID spend some time in the brig for killing the Pegasus 2IC and he was in the brig for a while for something else (Boomer related, I think). But as for beating the crap out of Cally, my guess is that she wouldn't press charges. Although I don't know how that works in the military. If she says it was just an accident or something. *shrug*

Regardless of his wicked ways (or maybe because of them), I like Tyrol. I wanna see how this is gonna play out.

Comment

So i missed this one, and everybody needs to tell me kinda what happened. How come he went crazy? Did the elections happen yet? Who died? Ahhh. I need to see it. The add was really annoying cuz now i need to know what has happened. Help!!!

Comment

The "lingering on the last raptor" thing was done both times. It worked well. And ouch to jumping into the mountain, although hopefully it meant a quick and painless death to the Raptor crew.
                              IIRC, in the first linger the entire scene shifted to the misty area where the raptor jumped but in the second linger the camera stayed on the raptor but the scene shifted around it. I thought that was really cool.

Originally posted by Scooteristi
                              Funny, I saw no results, just a whole lotta teasin' which may or may not turn out to be true.
                              Well
                              Spoiler:
                              we didn't see any official results, but I did see Baltar giving an "official order" to Adama. I don't think he'd do that unless he was elected president. Or attempting mutiny, in which case Adama would wring his neck and Roslin would show him to the nearest airlock...

But hey, it could all be a tease. TPTB likes to shake things up.

Well, he DID spend some time in the brig for killing the Pegasus 2IC and he was in the brig for a while for something else (Boomer related, I think).
                              He spent some time under investigation by an independent board after the water tanks were bombed on Galactica. Adama shut the whole thing down after realizing it was a witch hunt.

Comment

IIRC, in the first linger the entire scene shifted to the misty area where the raptor jumped but in the second linger the camera stayed on the raptor but the scene shifted around it. I thought that was really cool.
                                I said "lingering on the last raptor", I didn't say, "...and then following it up in the next scene." IIRC.

He spent some time under investigation by an independent board after the water tanks were bombed on Galactica. Adama shut the whole thing down after realizing it was a witch hunt.
                                Rght. Thanks for the reminder. Anything that happened more than three hours ago tends to get a bit fuzzy for me. Must be old age.

Who are you again?

Comment

Working...
                                X