Downloaded (218)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chyron
    If Baltar was a Cylon, then why would they need to send Six to infiltrate the Defense Mainframe in the first place? The Cylons could have easily programmed him to unconciously plant various back-doors into his software to be activated by them when they arrived.

This is a very strong argument and this kinda takes me off the fence on my uncertainty weather or not Baltar is Human. Why make an unnecessary strategic move when you can go straight to the source? I still have a few little questions.... like where did he find a sports coat after a SHOCKWAVE completely demolished his home and most likely anything standing within a minimum radius of 3 miles ? There's no way that explosion missed the walk in closet. The thing that really makes no sense is the frailty of the Cylon body. I base this on the bomb planted in the underground parking garage. Biers, Sharon and especially Caprica Six received substantial physical damage from an average C4 device, not to mention the metal Cylon closest to the blast was blown to bits. This possibly shielded everyone in the garage from instant death and the injuries they sustained were similar to what Baltar received in the Mini Series. I find it highly unlikely that a Cylon in human or metal form would be able to withstand the blast wave of a thermo nuclear device in the proximity experienced at Baltar's residence. There has to be another explanation as to how Caprica Six was able to protect Dr. Baltar from the blast wave. I understand the writers can't cover every second of each characters existence and like I said these are little things.
    "And you ask why?"

Comment

Originally posted by THSEX1138
      The thing that really makes no sense is the frailty of the Cylon body. [...] I find it highly unlikely that a Cylon in human or metal form would be able to withstand the blast wave of a thermo nuclear device in the proximity experienced at Baltar's residence. There has to be another explanation as to how Caprica Six was able to protect Dr. Baltar from the blast wave.
      OK, if passing for human is a design aim for the humano-Cylons, then there's inevitably going to be some kind of trade off when it comes to the ability of their bodies to sustain damage.

As for the question of how Baltar could survive the blastwave and Caprica Six didn't. Well, sorry for being pedantic - did we actually see the house collapse as opposed to a lot of plate glass behind Caprica-Six shattering? (And I'd question how close Casa Baltar was to any blast. I always thought that a well-connected "media cult figure and close personal friend of the President" would live in a fashionable neighbourhood well outside Caprica City, which the Cylons would be focused on destroying first. I've also had a look at the relevant scene again, and the blasts appeared to be far enough away that Baltar wasn't instantly blinded by the fireballs.) All it would have taken to kill her was a shard of glass to puncture a major artery or cause internal bleeding for her to die. Anyway, she knows she's going to be "downloaded" so perhaps protecting Baltar, if she could, would matter more than her own life.

Comment

how about six in baltars head inside sixes head

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
          A very intriguing episode...
          I liked it a lot although in terms of enjoyment, I liked The Captain's Hand a bit more. But a decent episode offering some interesting insights into the Cylon psyche (if it can be called that) and showing some Cylon angst...
          But at least it didn't degenerate into a soapfest.

I'm becoming more and more impressed with Tricia Helfer... she's really doing amazing things with the Six models. She really does breathe life into the models and giving them their individual personalities. The interaction between the new Caprica model and Baltar was very amusing (the shoe being on the other foot now) and suggests to me a strong (somewhat twisted) intimacy between the two. Six seems to me to want intimacy and "love" but Baltar wants acceptance and approval. With all his enormous intellect, he is emotionally a child... very malleable and fragile. Intriguing that they are each other's conscience. Whether or not it indicates that Baltar is a cylon seems to me premature at this stage.

This episode has convinced me further that the resolution between the humans and cylons will eventually come from the grassroots level. I believe that it will be more of a Matrix resolution... one of co-existence rather than outright defeat of one side or another. Bar a miracle of biblical proportions, it's impossible that the humans will ever defeat the cylons outright anyway.
          Ill second that the cpt.s hand was better

Comment

In my opinion Baltar is human. We just have not seen human Baltar yet. We see his conciousness or program running in some of the Cylon models. The Baltar on Galactica is as cluelessas Galactica Sharon was. I am wondering is human Baltar still alive, or captured? Does it matter? I think the Baltar programming wants humans and Cylon to coexist... Which has proven to meet resistance from older Cylon programming and is doomed for a myriad of other reasons

Was human Baltar the one who showed up inthe park and met with Six in the pilot miniseries? We never saw who that was.

Comment

I'm also of the opinion that Baltar is as 100% human.
              We are not given much information about the male cylon models but it seems to me that they are not particularly useful in the act of procreation. So if Baltar is a cylon, then why was Six trying so desperately to use him to fall pregnant with. Unless of course she wasn't told everything. I don't think his appearing to Caprica Six is necessarily proof of his being cylon. So far it's only proof to me that the two of them are inextricably linked in some way. Anyhow, we have no proof that other cylons are linked in such a manner either.
              Personally, I think that they have become one another's conscience...
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

First post here, hello everyone

I think this was a good episode after I found the last couple of episodes to be rather weak.

I like the juxtapositions of the imagined six and the imagined baltar. The imagined six is a hardass while the real baltar is a pansy, the imagined baltar is a hardass while the real caprica six is kind of a pansy.

I also did notice the bald guy walking in the cafe after sharon told helo how much she loved him. It was definitely not the xo, and i don't really know of any other bald men that we've seen before.

I think the cylon leader is Lee Adama, after all, the cylon told the president in "Flesh and Blood" that "Adama is a cylon", she just automatically assumed that he meant the old man. The old man has really been set up to be a tragic hero throughout the series.

Comment

Best episode of the season, IMHO.

Plus....the most significant scene of the season....Baltar in 6's head! This answers a whole lot of questions.

My first reaction was "He's a Cylon....damn", then comes the twist that the other Cylons can't see him and he is talking to one Cylon only. Does that twist things around or what!

For the last 2 seasons we have been speculating about the 6 in Baltar's head, is she a Cylon implant? Is she Baltar's imagination?

Wrong!!! She is someting else entirely.

Either Baltar and 6 are so fracked in the head that they both see imaginary people, which stretches dis-belief too far I think, or the phantoms in their heads are something else entirely. We're seeing the first proof of a third player or group in the series, not Human, not Cylon, but something else entirely.

Something capable of appearing in the minds of both humans and cylons. Something perhaps even capable of controlling then (like guiding Baltar's finger at the mining facility, or convincing Helo to give up his seat in the Raptor).

Something with an agenda, a plan all it's own, manipulating both Humans and Cylons.

Can anyone remember the final scene of the last esposide in season 2 of Babylon 5?

Comment

Originally posted by BrianR
                    For the last 2 seasons we have been speculating about the 6 in Baltar's head, is she a Cylon implant? Is she Baltar's imagination?

Either Baltar and 6 are so fracked in the head that they both see imaginary people, which stretches dis-belief too far I think, or the phantoms in their heads are something else entirely. We're seeing the first proof of a third player or group in the series, not Human, not Cylon, but something else entirely. [...]

Can anyone remember the final scene of the last esposide in season 2 of Babylon 5?
                    Aliens? OK, that's entirely possible if RDM and David Eick have been pulling the mother of all fakeouts for the last three years, because they've been vehement that there are not now, never have been and never will be aliens in the show. Hell, the magical cancer-eating baby blood was about all the deus ex machina plot contrivance I could handle - and did exponentially more violence to my willing suspension of disbelief than the possibility that both Baltar and Caprica-Six are prone to psychotic fugues.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianR
                      Best episode of the season, IMHO.

Plus....the most significant scene of the season....Baltar in 6's head! This answers a whole lot of questions.

My first reaction was "He's a Cylon....damn", then comes the twist that the other Cylons can't see him and he is talking to one Cylon only. Does that twist things around or what!

Either Baltar and 6 are so fracked in the head that they both see imaginary people, which stretches dis-belief too far I think, or the phantoms in their heads are something else entirely. We're seeing the first proof of a third player or group in the series, not Human, not Cylon, but something else entirely.

Something capable of appearing in the minds of both humans and cylons. Something perhaps even capable of controlling then (like guiding Baltar's finger at the mining facility, or convincing Helo to give up his seat in the Raptor).

Something with an agenda, a plan all it's own, manipulating both Humans and Cylons.

Aliens?

I woulda thought that the nuclear explosion in the miniseries woulda screwed up Six's Download Signal somehow... ie, it was being transmitted back and was changed, went directly through Baltar's subconscious part in his brain, and picked up some stuff, and dropped some stuff off too... hence Six in Baltars head, and Baltar in Six's Head.

Something like that anyway.
                      Thats what i'm thinking

Aussie

Comment

Not Aliens but the Gods.

Religion and the Gods have been a central theme of the show since the beginning. The once mythical Kobol was found, the tomb of Athena was found, bit by bit the human's religion has been shown to be based in fact.

Why shouldn't we actually get to see one of these Gods eventually.

In Babylon 5, the last scene of the last episode in Season 2 was the first time we saw a Shadow ship, we didn't even learn their name until well into Season 3. Given the entire show could be seen as a story of the Shadows vs Vorlons and it took 44 episodes before we even saw a Shadow ship, would it be very surprising if we start to see a new thread emerge in BSG at this stage, one that explains a lot of the (so far) inexplicable.

By half-way through Season 3 we will be looking back at the first 2 seasons and saying "Now it all makes sense!"

Wouldn't it be cool if the last scene of the Season 2 final episode showed us something completely new, for the next few months we'll all be saying "What the FRACK is THAT!"

Comment

3 good episodes in a row and no big illogicalities!!! They have definitely new writers or at least a new head of writers.

Comment

I haven't been very impressed with the series as a whole but this was the first interesting episode I can name. As to Baltar being a Cylon I think it's entirely possible but still more on the unlikely side and the visions Baltar has of number 6 and vise versa have something to do with the Cylon God that's mentioned so much. Maybe all will be revealed in time

Comment

I was just thinking about something and i gotta wonder, how come we haven't seen the Cylon that was found aboard the space station in the mini series? Did they retire that model or something?

Comment

Originally posted by bondious
                                It could be, also, that the Cylons were using a mixture of Nuclear AND conventional bombing. Possibly they nuked military "hard targets" that would resist an invasion force, and bombed the cities themselves to help "clear out" resistance without annihilating the city's infrastructure. They probably would have bombed police stations, emergency facilities and supply installations. This would have softened them up significantly for the ensuing invasion force to move in. This could explain a certain level of destruction without utter DEVOSTATION...right?
                                I think that the battlestarwiki states that nukes were used against military assest with Neutron bombs being used against civilian targets so that the civilian assests wouldn't be as nearly damaged.

http://battlestarwiki.joebeaudoin.net/
                                "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Working...
                                X