The Captain's Hand (217)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moulin
    You're right, KatG. It was a lovely friendship moment. If Lee and Kara could stay in that mode I think I could grow to appreciate them as best friends. Lee has no "best friend" who is only a friend and he needs one.
    It was lovely wasn't it. And as much as I liked the Lee/Kara ship, I like this just as well and don't mind if they decide to play it that way.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cent
      Anyways getting to the issue at hand. It strikes me as a bit odd that a Captain who was just recently(and I mean just yesterday as it seems) been promoted to Major gets promoted again, up two levels(jumping over the rank of Colonel) to Commander even though there is a Colonel(who by the way is just one rank below Commander) who Admiral Adama seems to value highly on the Galactica. Colonel Tigh.
      Now I don´t know that much about military procedure but I would think that Tigh was next in line. And I would think that Colonel Tigh would have a big problem with that a officer who just one week ago was not only one but two! ranks below him is all of a sudden his superior officer???
      Anyways we all know that Lee Adama has what it takes to become a BS commander, he´s got it in his blood but isn´t he a bit young???
      In a time when great leaders are needed....it's not uncommon to promote the younger ones who are very capable of doing to job. Besides, Tigh had his chance to show his strength as a commander, and he fraked up real bad. Adama knows that Tigh isn't meant to command but he is still a great XO. As for Lee, it's a little shocking, and probably more to Lee that Adama promoted him to command the Pegasus, but Adama knows that his son has the potential for greatness. Yes Lee is a little too young, and it is concerning that father and son be one rank apart from each other, but Lee is probably the best choice Adama can come up with!!!!!

"Tibet is not a contact information, it's a country. Why not just write Earth while you're at it, incase anyone needs to know where Tibet is?"- Ingrid from Uptown Girls

Comment

Originally posted by The Shadow
        In a time when great leaders are needed....it's not uncommon to promote the younger ones who are very capable of doing to job. Besides, Tigh had his chance to show his strength as a commander, and he fraked up real bad. Adama knows that Tigh isn't meant to command but he is still a great XO. As for Lee, it's a little shocking, and probably more to Lee that Adama promoted him to command the Pegasus, but Adama knows that his son has the potential for greatness. Yes Lee is a little too young, and it is concerning that father and son be one rank apart from each other, but Lee is probably the best choice Adama can come up with!!!!!
        If I were Admiral Adama I wouldn't give my kid the Red Shirt of Death that is Peggasus command...you've seen whats happened to the last THREE Pegasus commanders in quick succession...Adama's got it out for Lee!
        Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Originally posted by titans
          If I were Admiral Adama I wouldn't give my kid the Red Shirt of Death that is Peggasus command...you've seen whats happened to the last THREE Pegasus commanders in quick succession...Adama's got it out for Lee!
          Ahh, but you don't care do you titans? in fact, im sure you are cheering it on. One person said earlier that his promotion will shave years off your life. In actuality, however, it will shave years of HIS life, and therefore add years to yours. What do you think of that?

Comment

Marvellous episode... great stuff all round... resonated with me the way The Hand of God did.
            Apart from the retchworthy scenes in early in the piece, the episode has returned BSG to all the qualities that has made it such a compelling television show.
            Personally I've always thought that the show had strong moralistic and political undertones but I daresay the issue of abortion is rather too close to home for many. Which ever way we vote on this, it's clear that the decisions made by various individuals here is going to have intriguing and long-term repercussions. That's what I think is really important... the playing out of these consequences and the subsequent chain reaction to all these events. It really doesn't surprise me that this issue of procreation has come up... it was inevitable really. What surprises me is that it hasn't been more of an issue considering the situation the fleet's been in.

I'm glad to see Lee return to what he does best... commanding ships and pilots. All the angst of the last few episodes while somewhat understandable was rather heavyhanded and unnecessarily protracted. With all his past antagonism with his father... he is still fundamentally his father's son. Push comes to shove, he is the kind of person who will still believes in doing the right thing.

I'm sorry but I don't care for Lee and Dee... not because of what they look like or what kind of impact their relationship might or might not have on other preferred pairings. It seems to me that the pairing is an obvious red-herring without any real emotional substance. It's there but there's no sense of a "why" about it and that bores me.
            The sooner we get rid of that soap sud, the better... I just hope it doesn't degenerate into paternity suits or a case of fatal attraction.
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by triabita
              It's funny how a battlestar class ship like the Pegasus would have it's FTL drive fixed by closing some valves of steam pipes
              Correct me if I'm misremembering, but wasn't it part of the coolant system that had been breached, outside of just the hull? The steam would be from heated coolant, being sent back to get re-chilled before funneling through a very hot engine again.

Comment

i never saw the 2 promotions coming for lee.

Comment

This is a top notch episode, the tension was totally palatable. You think the Pegasus's commander had it in for starbuck from the start? "I have a problem, it's name is Keira Thrase." If that doesn't say it all, I don't know what does. This commander didn't have a clue about how to run a ship and should've declined promotion. His methodology was perfect for running engineering, where it shined brightest when needed at the end. I loved it when the commander gave Lee command of the ship, because of how Lee reacted. His reaction was so straight forward and honest. He was initially overwhelmed at the thought of commanding a Battlestar and then pulled himself back-up and relied apon his training as an experienced combat officer. Because of the situation they were in the reaction played off as very real and just added to the intensity of the situation.
                  You don't know the power of the Dark Side

Comment

Originally posted by dec55
                    Well it was kinda funny seeing that Roslin didn't bat an eye ordering Sharon's
                    baby killed..... Even if the kid was half human..... they had Sharon at gun point.

Remember how much damage did inside the Fleet the very existence of Sharon Valerii in the brig? Laura wasn´t thinking about the baby. It´s easier to think about it as a machine...but she does have a point in thinking a human-cylon hybrid would be dangerous to the Fleet because of the cylons and because of the humans.

Comment

Wow. I really liked this episode. Baltar was so confident, articulate and convincing. If I didn't know he was a devious traitor I would vote for him to be President.

The abortion issue was interesting but I don't think it was necessary. Rather than making abortion illegal couldn't some sort of procedure be created that would make it difficult for all but the very determined to get an abortion.

I am confused about the military assignments of Lee and Kara. Before Pegasus showed up Lee was a Captain and CAG and Kara was a Lt. When Cain showed up Kara was made Pegasus CAG and promoted to Captain and Lee demoted to Lt. and removed from being CAG. After Cain died Lee was back on Galactica and was CAG again (Epiphanies). But Kara was on Galactica as well, so was she demoted and transferred or just transferred? If she was just transferred who was Pegasus CAG? Then in Scar Kara was leading the Galactica squadran and Lee was on Galactica looking at a monitor. So again who was Pegasus CAG? Now that Lee is Commander we are told that Kara will be Galactica CAG. What the hell is going on in this military hierarchy?

Does anyone else feel that Tigh should have been given command of Pegasus rather than Lee? Tigh was the next most senior officer and has command experience. If we are going to be critical of Tigh let us not forget that Lee has himself disgraced the uniform. I think Tigh should have been given command. Also Tigh is Admiral Adama's loyal dog and wouldn't dare go against him, I cannot say the same for Lee. Also promoting Lee smells of Nepotism.

Comment

Actuarly tigh is not command material he prefers to live in Adama's shadow and lee won the respect of the pegasus crew when he took command where as Tigh wouldn't have.

I think kara was just on baord to do some training exercises for pilots

Comment

Hey guys this is my first post and that, been watching series 2 of B-star (episode 17 just aired in uk) and it was amasing. Been reading up on the posts and see that a lot of people thought the same. Hopefully father and son will kick some ass in the new series and it would be good if they introduced a few more of the pegasus crew for more character lines. anyone agree??

Comment

Hmmmm...

1. Commander Lee Adama! Yeah right! Then again I said the same thing when he had the comm(and clearly so did he)

2. There were a load of holes in the 'extinct in 18 years' theory as others have pointed out. Best way of explaining that - Baltar was bullcacking.

3. The abortion issue was very iffy. I'm generally pro-abortion but prefer not to get into debates. Only reason it became a serious issue was due to Baltar's study. Boy did Rosslyn get played.

Nice work RDM!
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

not sure if someone mentioned it but did you notice starbuck landed upside down on the ceiling of the flight pod

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Yep, but when gravity is artificaly generated you cna land which ever way the gravity is pulling

Thats what so great about sci-fi. You can probe issues like abortion (which i am also pro) which are very controversila in the U.S and not get flamed for it

I think the 18 years thing was when the women in the fleet werre no longer able to bare children

Comment

Working...
                                X