Sacrifice (216)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waswas
    I tink the Pegasus CAG got killed by scar. Could anyone verify with the Podcast?
    Stinger? We've discussed him elsewhere... can't remember where, though.

All I know is that the actor isn't coming back. We've not seen him since "Pegasus," and so I'd probably assume he was "lost" in the attack on the Resurrection Ship.

Beats me, though. I liked him.
    Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
    sigpic

Comment

Hello Everybody! THis is the first time i've done this, so i'd first like to announce how happy i am that there are in fact other people out there like me, who watch this show and enjoy it. Now about the episode:

Yes, like almost everybody else, i am sad that Billy died. That's an understatement actually. I liked him a lot. He was so sweet. Sigh. The innocent are the first to go...

Almost everybody has had something bad to say about the "Lee/Dee" relationship. I couldn't agree with you more. Really. It's not that I dislike either of them. I don't. They are both solid, likeable (most of the time) characters. But there is absolutely no chemistry between the two. I want Dee with Billy (sigh, i guess that can't happen anymore), and Lee with Starbuck. That would work out much better.

P.S. I am stupid. What is TPTB??????? Everybody refers to it, and i have no idea wut it is.

Comment

Oh by the way:

I too, hate Ellen Tigh, but if she died i would be kinda sad. I just watched Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down, and though she is a horrid woman, she is very very funny, and believable, and she is a very good actress. OH, and you may hate Ellen, but i hate Saul more. THey make an excellent couple.

Somebody asked how many times Apollo got hurt. None. Well not seriously anyway.

One last thing. That 14 year old with the Navy buddies: please please please be my friend. I am 14 and i am a girl. And none of my friends watch my show. So yeah. Please acknowledge my plea for friendship. Please.

Comment

Originally posted by verse1991
          P.S. I am stupid. What is TPTB??????? Everybody refers to it, and i have no idea wut it is.
          "The Powers That Be," i.e. the people actually plotting the storylines, i.e. not us.

Spoiler:
          sigpic

Comment

ahhhh. thanks so much. RDM i got. THat's not that hard. But who came up with TPTB, and where did that come from?

Comment

Um... it's just a saying. I've been using it in regular conversation far longer than I've been seeing it used online to refer to the writers on any TV show. I guess it's sort of a "Fate is out of our hands" type of saying...

Any other ideas?

Spoiler:
              sigpic

Comment

Oh. Thanks again though.

Comment

"The Powers That Be" is a term that has been around for a long, long time. Lots of people try to credit it to Angel, but it was around long before then. I know I saw it used in Anne McCaffrey's books, but even then it was an "old" term. Dunno the precise origin.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    "The Powers That Be" is a term that has been around for a long, long time. Lots of people try to credit it to Angel, but it was around long before then. I know I saw it used in Anne McCaffrey's books, but even then it was an "old" term. Dunno the precise origin.
                    From the Bible. Romans 13:1. 'Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: The powers that be are ordained of God.'

Comment

There ya go. Doesn't get much older or more classic than that.

Anyway, I still think this was a weak, cookie cutter ep. Even ignoring that ridiculousness of the Lee/Dee thing, the story wasn't engaging. The "bad guys" weren't sympathetic, they weren't original, and they weren't interesting. I'll stand by my earlier comment that the writers should have concentrated on THAT instead of playing up the token romance crap.

Comment

Thanks for all the TPTB stuff.

Comment

This is my first post here so not sure whether the spoiler-related warnings are de rigeur from a browse through recent postings, but for what it's worth - the below comment won't only ruin the episode for you but also melt your eyeballs out of your skull if you didn't see the latest episode.

With that out of the way: Billy was weak and his death was inevitable. Moving on, since when is Lee hanging out with women he hasn't paid for, momentarily overlooking his recent coitus interruptus with Starbuck due to her Venus Flytrap approach to foreplay...? And considering the gigantic autopsy stitches on Boomer's corpse were a dead giveaway, couldn't they have just suited her up in something instead of just wheeling her in under nothing more than a sheet? It's wrong to assume a man presented with the opportunity, let alone a terrorist, isn't going to do a boobie-check just because the woman's dead.

Comment

eeewww...

but of course, you're right... that would have been a better approach. one is always wiser afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
                              I don't know about official studies, but we were taught in the police academy that more people die from shock after being shot than from actually being shot. That's why you'll hear that someone was shot in the leg or arm or shoulder and dies but the guy who was high on PCP and was shot 5 times was just fine. Maybe Apollo has just been trained to stay calm and wait for help while Billy (never having that training) didn't stand a chance.
                              I thought he took a shot in the gut.

'All of this has happened before
                              And all of this will happen again
                              So say we all.'

Comment

Hi everyone this is my first time posting in the forum but i'm delighted to have finally found kindred spirits! Anyway i was on the televisionwithoutpity website and according to their posts about Scar it was originally supposed to have been aired after Sacrifice. So that could be a reason for the serious lack of relationship continuity!
                                Gotta say though really not an advocate of the Dee/Lee relationship. It's just boring! I mean shes very nice and all but just not interested in their relationship.
                                Way more interested in the train wreck that is Apollo and Starbuck!

Comment

Working...
                                X