Scar (215)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oka
    (and yeah it did sort of remind me of the SAAB ep: "The Angriest Angel", don't know if that was intentional or not though because it wasn't THAT much like it).
    Like they said, it's war, you are there to kill your enemy anyway you can, just refecting the reality of figher pilots in WWII. The Red Baron Etc

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. Some pretty pivotal moments occured here. The Lee - Kara encounter...., The mention of how they were going to replenish their supply of vipers. I thought this episode was great. I would rank it up in my top 5 favorites. But my favorites are the ones with a lot of viper scenes and military drama as opposed to the political drama.

Something that did hit me though, was the parallels between the Kara / Kat drama and the Kara / Tigh drama. Lots of things said that have been said before.

One other thing that really ticked me off about Kat was her calling Kara out in front of all the subordinates. Any military people in here may have been a little shocked by this as well. I was half expecting Kara to throw Kat in the brig for insubordination. She had plenty of instances.

"We need to find Earth, because if we don't then no one will remember a man named William Adama, or a Battlestar named Galactica."

Comment

Originally posted by foxhound22
        I really enjoyed this episode. Some pretty pivotal moments occured here. The Lee - Kara encounter...., The mention of how they were going to replenish their supply of vipers. I thought this episode was great. I would rank it up in my top 5 favorites. But my favorites are the ones with a lot of viper scenes and military drama as opposed to the political drama.

Something that did hit me though, was the parallels between the Kara / Kat drama and the Kara / Tigh drama. Lots of things said that have been said before.

One other thing that really ticked me off about Kat was her calling Kara out in front of all the subordinates. Any military people in here may have been a little shocked by this as well. I was half expecting Kara to throw Kat in the brig for insubordination. She had plenty of instances.
        Well, Kat probably reminds Kara of herself. Ah... good old insubordination.

Comment

Originally posted by foxhound22
          I think that the whole military rank thing seems to be irrelevent on this show. More often than not the subordinents are mouthing off or completely ignoring their superiors. How can they expect there to be any order in things if they let this trend continue.

Comment

good ep, not the best one

again flashbacks, will we have them next week too?

Comment

Overall, I thought it was an episode that redeemed itself quite well when Starbuck started quoting all the names of the dead pilots at the end. It was at that point that Kat realized that it was not about her or Starbuck who got Scar, but about the pilots that had been lost to Scar. You could see it on Kat's face during the recitation of names. To me, it went from a 7/10 episode to a 9/10 just right there. Enough whiny pilots, however. Two in a row is enough.

Comment

Please help. During Starbuck's recitation of the names of the dead at the end of the episode, they played a classical music piece (I think) that I have heard somewhere before, perhaps years ago in a sad movie of some sort. Any idea of what that music was? IT was a nice touch to the scene.

Comment

Originally posted by housejk
                  Please help. During Starbuck's recitation of the names of the dead at the end of the episode, they played a classical music piece (I think) that I have heard somewhere before, perhaps years ago in a sad movie of some sort. Any idea of what that music was? IT was a nice touch to the scene.
                  I read on another board that someone said it was from the movie The Deer Hunter. I haven’t seen that movie in a while so I can’t say for certain that’s what it was from, but it kind of makes sense if it was.

And speaking of the remembering of comrades who died, they forgot poor ol’ Karma (what a call sign), the Raptor pilot who died over Kobol when he was shot through the floor.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

During the Podcast they said it was from Deer Hunter.
                    It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

could have been a great episode, but was imo pretty much ruined by the horrible editing. there was no flow in the story at all.

Comment

Good show. Although two things I didn't like was the lack of dicipline with regards to Kat mouthing off to Starbuck and striking a superior officer. These people are military correct?

Also the "almost" sex scene between Kara and Lee...a little weird.
                        Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

My two cents....Wasn't up to my expectations at all, really disappointing, i understand why RDM did the whole flashback thing(to show a little combat each segment so people stay watching the television) however it would have been a better episode if the entire fight was at the end, and the entire ep was building up to the point, kat and starbuck get over the differences and kill Scar together, but that didn't happen...in the long run you get better ratings RDM(in case your reading lol) if each episode is made for quality, not ratings

For BSG, Stargate eps and discussion visit TheBestTrek

Comment

From how the scene was done, I got the impression there were more pilot names Kara wanted to say but couldn't quite remember the names. Like the what, 12 other pilots that died when Flattop bit it after his 1000th landing on the hangar deck? He wasn't the only one to die.

The way that Kara hesitated after saying the last name, it seemed to me that she knew that there were many other pilots whos names she couldn't remember for one reason or another, and then Lee stepped in and said, "To all of them." As in, those we can remeber the names and faces of, and those we can't..

That's how I read it anyway.
                            ...but now I know
                            That twenty centuries of stony sleep
                            Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
                            And what rough beast, its hour come 'round at last,
                            Slouches toward Bethlehem to be born?

Comment

First I must say that having 3 episodes in a row with 48 hour flash backs is getting old. How about starting at episode 220 and working our way backwards that way we will already know who gets killed and spend the next 9 episodes finding out what happened.

I really enjoyed this one. I loved the cockpit scene where Kara takes up the entire screen. The look on her face was timeless. The visual effect of the Viper and Cylon cannon fire flashing all around her ranks in the top ten on my highlight reel.

On the lowlight reel once again Lee drops the ball. He has 2 women that want nothing more than to send his flight suit out of the nearest air lock yet he cannot close the deal. Maybe Kara should have asked him to pay for it?
                              "And you ask why?"

Comment

Originally posted by titans
                                Good show. Although two things I didn't like was the lack of dicipline with regards to Kat mouthing off to Starbuck and striking a superior officer. These people are military correct?
                                I think you'll find military discipline is alot more relaxed on the post apocalyptic Galactica than it would have been in the pre-apocalyptic Colonial Fleet. Especially among the pilots who are putting their lifes on the line every sortie they go out on

Comment

Working...
                                X