Black Market (214)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One very small observation.

When Baltar discovers the blood spattered table at the crime scene of Fisk's murder, he reacts with the exclamation "O my god" instead of using the more appropriate (for the Colonials) plural form. This passes unnoticed by Lee Adama (who might not be the closest observing detective for this investigation after all).

I don't know if this was a slip in continuity or another subtle sign of Baltar's changing orientation. We've heard the expressions "O my gods" and "Thank the gods" many times in the past episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by triabita
      The second plot "question" is how did 3 thugs managed to get inside a military battleship without beeing noticed, kill the commander of this ship (pegasus) and walk away unharmed... Pegasus personel had to known them, looked the other way around to allow access to them... so when they found the commander dead they (the pegasus crew) all knew who / why / how he was killed. That is sad!
      After watching this, I'm thinking it may have been as simple as a case of bribery. This was a episode showing the seedier side of Colonial life. They may have been noticed & those who were on watch $imply turned a blind eye.
      This just imo. I've heard the podcast commentary is available & maybe RDM mentions this incident.

Comment

Originally posted by anotherquestion
        When Baltar discovers the blood spattered table at the crime scene of Fisk's murder, he reacts with the exclamation "O my god" instead of using the more appropriate (for the Colonials) plural form. This passes unnoticed by Lee Adama (who might not be the closest observing detective for this investigation after all).
        I heard someone else use the singular of "god" in another ep and it really caught me... but I figured it was a cotinuity thing. Now I'm curious to go back and see who it was.

Comment

Overall this episode just felt...clunky...to me. Everything about it seemed too contrived and forced. Lately I've begun to fear the writers are trying too hard to be edgy in order to live up to and surpass the show's hype.

Comment

Are transcripts of the podcasts available? I'd love to read them as opposed to listening.

Comment

Tigh said "God damn" a few episodes back.

Comment

Sorry, if this has been asked before...but was I the only one that thought Apollo and Six made a good couple when they were standing next to each other?

Maybe she should forget about Baltar and go for the Admiral's son.

Imagine old Cylon hating Husker finding out his grandkid is half cylon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Seven
                  Imagine old Cylon hating Husker finding out his grandkid is half cylon.
                  *snickers*

That would be fairly amusing.
                  Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anotherquestion
                    One very small observation.

I don't know if this was a slip in continuity or another subtle sign of Baltar's changing orientation. We've heard the expressions "O my gods" and "Thank the gods" many times in the past episodes.
                    I want to say that I remember reading (or maybe hearing RDM in a podcast) say that the Colonials don’t all follow the same religion - some believe in the lords of Kobol, some are atheists, some may be monotheistic, etc. etc. He was making the point that their religion was varied much in the same way as our own with all the different types.

So for Baltar to say god in the singular may not have been a totally out of the blue thing for Lee to hear. I wouldn’t say it’s a continuity error, especially since it was coming from Baltar. So I’d say it was a subtle sign of Baltar’s gradual change.

Now if it had come from say someone like Starbuck, then I’d say someone flubbed and didn’t catch the error.
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
                      I want to say that I remember reading (or maybe hearing RDM in a podcast) say that the Colonials don’t all follow the same religion - some believe in the lords of Kobol, some are atheists, some may be monotheistic, etc. etc. He was making the point that their religion was varied much in the same way as our own with all the different types.
                      Right. Remember, Billy's an atheist. It takes all kinds.
                      Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by x_sid
                        As much as I hate to say this I really didn't like the episode. It was far from the worst tv episode I've ever watched,....... However I've got to ask in 50,000 people how many pedifiles coudl there possibly be. I also hope Lee gets over this stupid funk he's in. I'm getting a bit annoyed with it.
                        yep, not the best. i felt this way with "water" after watching the incredible mini series and "33." a pot hole in the road, its to be expected.. yes lee get over it .. you make up abondoning your pregnant girlfriend by hooking up with a prostitute with a kid.. that in itself was kind of weird itself.. i mean if we were looking at things being "normal" then yea i see how a mother would go into that business to help her kid .. but once the world ended, i don't understand y u would so easily turn to that lifestyle, i mean isn't everyone suffering too? and where in the world did this ho come from ? did freighter 69 leave the red district of caprica right before the cylons attacked? .. tried too much to make it like a "normal" world, but wait theres no world just a bunch of ships .. well no wonder the cylons attacked hehe..

i fear not for BSG, there are several juicy details we haven't touched on yet, such as when sharon reaches the 9 month phase of her pregnancy (or earlier, she is a cylon) and the nuke. i have a feelling that the nuke will be used to destroy pegasus. it would make sense, the pegasus is a better ship and destroying it over galactica would make sense from a military point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by Smashing Young Man
                          Overall this episode just felt...clunky...to me. Everything about it seemed too contrived and forced. Lately I've begun to fear the writers are trying too hard to be edgy in order to live up to and surpass the show's hype.
                          well the writers pulled out amazing episodes before, im sure when they read this they went .. "oh frack.. lets salvage what we can"

i'm not looking forward to this weeks episode, by the previews it looks like "black market" the starbuck remix but hey i'm hopeful

Comment

I don't know, I read these posts before watching it tonight and thought that it was going to suck, but I was surprised as to how much I liked this episode. This episode may have ticked off some people because the Black Market was allowed to continue, but think of this, the market now knows that Galactica knows about them. It wouldn't take much for the Galactica and Pegasus to raid that frieghter with a contigent of Marines, take all the necessary supplies and goods, and leave the criminals in space without the Battlestar's protection.

The other thing I liked was Lee's departure from "Mister High-on-his-horse, better than though" attitude. I really liked the ending too, it actually surprised me.

Not the best, but I would give this one a 6 out of 10. I really would like to see more combat type episodes though.

"We need to find Earth, because if we don't then no one will remember a man named William Adama, or a Battlestar named Galactica."

Comment

It seems like Apollo has had an awakening of sorts since his near death experience.

1) Thinking of the girl he left back on Caprica who was pregenant with his child. I guess he realizes now he messed up on a chance of having a family. Guess he he trying to feel the void with the trick and her kid

2) The best part to me when Apollo finally got a set of balls for once and capped the kingpin between the eyes

On another note, Apollo seems to be a PLAYER. He jumps around between Dee and Kara like it ain't no thing

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                                I think you're disregarding how much "chemistry" you and said moldy cheese would have after you ate it.
                                LOL... But nah... I don't think I would have been able to get past the smell.

I personally don't have a problem if they want to flirt that story route a bit. This show is all about highly flawed people, so it's not impossible. The two actors don't get much screen time together, but I seems they might have chemistry if they did.
                                The idea itself doesn't pose a problem for me but the execution of it does. I didn't mind Kara and Anders but Lee and Dee doesn't excite me in the slightest.

And what are they setting up for Baltar? Looks like he's getting ready to become a serious trouble maker.
                                I always find it fascinating that with all his inherent brilliance, Baltar is such an impressionable creature. I'm just glad that Roslin doesn't trust as far as she can throw him.
                                Last edited by Easter Lily; 31 January 2006, 11:48 AM.
                                sigpic
                                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
                                X