• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goood Episode, see the blackbird did come in handy

--Gaz--

Comment

Originally posted by beale947 View Post
      ok i'm in england and just seen it, and i felt sorry for Cain in the end, but she got what she deserved, but i feel sorry for her, and also well done Admiral Adama.
      yeah Cain got what she deserved, and I felt sorry for the bullet (u know, tainted with all that poisonous blood -)

The only thing wrong with that execution is that it was way too quick

Comment

Nah, Cain went out in style and with fightin words: FRAK YOU. I bet she ate babies.
        "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

But she also went out in tears. (Almost) like a baby

Comment

Good ep.

Those marines trying to torture Helo and the Chief was wrong imo. They all are fleet, not Cylons...

I like when the Admiral told Starbuck not to flinch when the time came, as if she expected something would happen.

Awesome battle scenes. Hmm. I wasnt sure that a BattleStar could beat a BaseStar 1v1, and im even less sure about a 2v2, but it was good to see. Nice work killing the Ressurection Ship. Theres some payback.

Got to feel for Apollo giving up hope like that. Hope he improves. To bad he destroyed the Blackbird. Hopefully they build another.

It was good that both Adama and the Admiral came to their senses in the end, and didnt have one another killed. Six getting its revenge was ok. Will be interesting too see who commands the Pegasus now too. And Admiral Adama now. How cool
            Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Just seen it on DVD and loved it.

Is it just me or do people feal really sorry for that beat up cylon woman; I know she represents a race of things hell bent on destroying humanity but they took it a little far.

Felt sorry for the pilot and the chief - even though thier minds were all frakked up by boomer it really was cowerdice.

Loved seeing Adama finaly kissing Roslin - that has been on the way since Caprica.

Starbuck was great in the way she kept a strait face during the whole "don't flinch" speach. Her speach was pretty awsome too.

Shame about the blackbird.

9/10
              sigpic
              Beckett: What shall ah say?
              Ford: Uh...Uh... I miss you... I wish you were here?
              Beckett: I wish who was here?
              Ford: Uh.... I dunno who do you wish was here?
              Beckett: Nobody I wish I wasn't bloody here.

Comment

i just re-watched it with my friend, and i didnt realize until now that apollo was flying the blackbird..

that does suck.

Highpoints:

cain dead

battle between basestars vs. battlestars

laura/adama kiss

admiral promotion (to)

billy and kat being ALIVE

Dorka is a beautiful genius

.:A/R:.

Comment

I just rewatched this episode the other day. I realized this is the episode that for me started my increasing dislike of Kara Thrace. For me I haven't really liked her character since season two.

I believe it started with seaon one with KLG part one when she betrays Adama to go along with Roslyn's request to retireve the Arrow. I begrudgingly forgave that cuase that all turned out okay. But her little insinuation about Adama second guessing and "flinching" was out of line I felt. And what would Cain have done? Gut the civilian fleet and abandon them as soon as they were no longer useful? Oh yeah she already did that.
                  Teal'c "I killed you"
                  Daniel "Why?"
                  Teal'c "You were a Go'uld spy"
                  Daniel "a good reason"

Comment

I'm new to this whole BSG so here goes. I've sat in my room with my DVDs and saw S1 and stopped at this episode. Okay, I have to admit, I saw RAZOR by accident. Cain grew up on me so, you imagine the horror, the tears, the broken glasses when they killed her . Why, why, why?

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                      I'm new to this whole BSG so here goes. I've sat in my room with my DVDs and saw S1 and stopped at this episode. Okay, I have to admit, I saw RAZOR by accident. Cain grew up on me so, you imagine the horror, the tears, the broken glasses when they killed her . Why, why, why?
                      Don't watch the razor extended edition. It has extra background material on her that will only make her seem more interesting and leave more unresolved issues.

Even the creators regreted offing Cain after the fact apparently. It was likely no small part of the reason why Razor even happened at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                        Don't watch the razor extended edition. It has extra background material on her that will only make her seem more interesting and leave more unresolved issues.

Even the creators regreted offing Cain after the fact apparently. It was likely no small part of the reason why Razor even happened at all.
                        Well that is what I saw . That is why I like her so much. Sorry for not being specific, I thought there is only one version . She had me hooked and I really don't understand why they offed her because they were trying to find a common ground . Shaw was cool too

Comment

Well that is what I saw . That is why I like her so much. Sorry for not being specific, I thought there is only one version . She had me hooked and I really don't understand why they offed her because they were trying to find a common ground . Shaw was cool too
                          From what I remember they had decided already that the character was going to die at the end of res ship 2 before they even really got into writing the whole arc. Then when it was finished and seeing how good everything turned out with Forbes and just how well it all came together it was kinda like a "well..... ****" moment.

Basically Cain exceeded expectations of what was originally only supposed to be a more or less short time guest character like Fisk.

I think keeping her around until "Exodus" would have been the way to go. Have plenty of time to explore her background and the background of pegasus, then give her the same sort of out as the original series Cain. Have her and her crew take Lee's place in Exodus and go out blazing with their ship in one last final act to try and balance their past sins by saving the human race.

Of course with that and the Adama maneuver in the same episode the sheer awesome might have reached dangerously toxic levels.

Comment

I think keeping her around until "Exodus" would have been the way to go. Have plenty of time to explore her background and the background of pegasus, then give her the same sort of out as the original series Cain. Have her and her crew take Lee's place in Exodus and go out blazing with their ship in one last final act to try and balance their past sins by saving the human race.
                            I think RAZOR answers most of the questions we all had concerning her. It is obvious that in a way I had a perfect approach for her, saw Razor extended and then BSG S2, so I knew what she was on about when she described Adama what she's been through.

Basically Cain exceeded expectations of what was originally only supposed to be a more or less short time guest character like Fisk.
                            A good script and an amazing performance like in this episode makes an impression. Was she evil? Did she deserve to die in this episode or in general the way Roslin and Adama said?

Comment

I think RAZOR answers most of the questions we all had concerning her. It is obvious that in a way I had a perfect approach for her, saw Razor extended and then BSG S2, so I knew what she was on about when she described Adama what she's been through.
                              We still never found out about her mysterious back injury though. That kinda sucked.

A good script and an amazing performance like in this episode makes an impression. Was she evil? Did she deserve to die in this episode or in general the way Roslin and Adama said?
                              Razor made her look a lot more evil than she did before, mainly by showing the utter lack of any especially extenuating circumstances or context to her actions like Adama had wondered about. It did explain her behaviour via the flashback, though if they had set out to use Razor to make her seem more sympathetic they failed in that in my opinion. Razor made her less genuinely sympathetic and more of a pitiable figure who broke when pressure was applied directly to the chink in her armor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                                We still never found out about her mysterious back injury though. That kinda sucked.

It is Sci-Fi, who knows, maybe another flashback will portray that

Razor made her look a lot more evil than she did before, mainly by showing the utter lack of any especially extenuating circumstances or context to her actions like Adama had wondered about.
                                Razor explained everything what happened. Evil? I agree but in case of war, desperate times call for desperate measures. I do believe her part illustrated real life scenarios.

It did explain her behaviour via the flashback, though if they had set out to use Razor to make her seem more sympathetic they failed in that in my opinion. Razor made her less genuinely sympathetic and more of a pitiable figure who broke when pressure was applied directly to the chink in her armor.

I do not think their aim was to make us pity her. They showed the universal law of the universe: "Action and Reaction". In the first Cylon war, she had the first harsh lesson from her father when he told her to run with her sister. The second shock to her comes when she has to hide in order to survive. Seeing these things, seeing she made huge sacrifices, I started to admire her. She wasn't a loose cannon.
                                Regarding Cain and Exodus, I think two scenarios would have happened:
                                1. She would have attacked the first time the Cylons arrived.
                                2. Would have not authorised a rescue mission in order to preserve the human race.

I could be wrong and Razor omitted some aspects about her personality. Maybe there is the 3rd scenario where she joins Adama when he does his fancy move above Tyrol

Comment

Working...
                                X