Final Cut (208)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bl4de
    I don't think a high caliber actress like her will be staying long enough to be the imperious leader. It's like all celebrity cameos on tv, they stay for a few episodes for money then leave. Though I still don't know how raiders transmitted the full edited film when she was still shooting the film and it wasn't edited yet.
    i think she was just talking about the cut footage, of sharon in the infirmary, because that was the really important part to the cylons. after she finished her story she could have slipped away from the fleet and brought the final version to the rest of the cylons, but the footage of sharon was critical so they sent the raiders. it actually brings up an interesting point. abviously biers has some way to signal the rest of the cylons and let them know where the fleet is so they could send those two raiders, there are 7 other cylons hidden in the fleet. so if they all have that capability, or even if its only biers model, the cylons could wipe out the fleet at any point the wish. they just gather their forces for one strike, and jump in and overwhelm them. it definately lends creedence to the theory that the cylons have plans for the fleet, plus make the fleets position that much more tenuous and they dont even know it.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeforrest2003
      I hadn't caught that continuity problem.

But I am pretty sure she said "I lost two Raiders".

I guess I'll have to wait for the rerun.
      i rewatched the scene when you posted and she definately said "we"

Comment

They were supposed to be out of character, not all of them were.. Lee wasn't, he delivered a nice impactful speech. Gaeta was, because it was humorous and quirky. He's usually all business with little subtle hints at him really being a good guy such as the coverup for the president escaping. Now we see him smoking even though he hates it. Just gives you insight into their off duty personality which we can't see.. because there's hardly any off duty for him.
        "Did you really expect some Utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?"

Comment

I stand corrected!

Comment

I thought about that whole Cylon Detect the reporter angle... and yer right. I LOVE BSG but since everyone in the fleet knows that there are Cylons about, keeping the Cylon testing quiet serves no purpose any longer, so Baltar's gig should kinda be up...... BTW you are SUPPOSED to hate the XO. Besides, Tigh's the only one who really expresses and really good venom for the good doctor....

Comment

Originally posted by Bl4de
              I don't think a high caliber actress like her will be staying long enough to be the imperious leader. It's like all celebrity cameos on tv, they stay for a few episodes for money then leave. Though I still don't know how raiders transmitted the full edited film when she was still shooting the film and it wasn't edited yet.
              she's not Dame Judi Dench lucy lawless may be a good actress but I don't know where you're getting high caliber, especially when compared to Olmos and even McDonnell

Comment

Not saying that Lucy isnt a great actress or that she has "made it" in the sense that she is a midrange at best B level star right now, but she has not had any of the accolades of McDonnell/Roslyn or Olmos/Adama, both of whom have been nominated for several acting awards over their carrers and won. McDonnell has actually been nominated twice for academy awards - one for supporting actress for Dances w/Wolves (she played Costner's eventual wife, the girl "kidnapped" by the sioux) and best actress nom for PassionFish in 1992, his was a best actor nom in Stand and Deliver (1987) to go w/ a Tony award. Lucy hasn't had any noms, and really has only one signature role and Lucy's comfortable, shes working in the same environment with people she's familiar with (remember David Eick was a writer/producer on XENA w/her husband (Rob Tapert) and Sam Raimi at Renissance!), and she's actually already signed for at least 5 appearances if I remember correctly! So, we will definitely see her again...

Comment

Only caught the last half of this episode "live", but finally got around to watching my tape of the whole thing.

Jeez, why didn't anyone tell me about the towel scene! I would have popped that tape in a LOT sooner.

And that was a VERY small towel - with a lot of slippage going on. Starting to feel like a real letch.

Enjoyed the episode - different way to examine all the characters and I thought it was a nice change of pace.

I was (unfortunately) spoiled about the ending but it was pretty effective even though I knew what was coming.

Hope we get to see Lucy Lawless again - good role for her.
                  Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I was simply saying she probably would probably just stay a cameo as other well known actors/actresses have done in series before. I didn't mean she was as famous as Olmos but, she's probably a temp as she's not been hinted as a recurring character. Probably like the doctor.. we saw him 1 time and he's never with the cylons in their meetings, or anywhere. It proves they can add cylons that aren't needed in every episode with human cylons.

Comment

Originally posted by keshou
                      Only caught the last half of this episode "live", but finally got around to watching my tape of the whole thing.

Jeez, why didn't anyone tell me about the towel scene! I would have popped that tape in a LOT sooner.

And that was a VERY small towel - with a lot of slippage going on. Starting to feel like a real letch.
                      Well if I had know that was your holdup, I’d have said something.

Nice to see you back.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Now we see another Cylon form, there are only 6 more human forms of Cylon that we haven't seen yet (and one of them will probably be someone we already know...just a speculation by me).
                        I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
                          Well if I had know that was your holdup, I’d have said something. Nice to see you back.
                          Ah yes, nothing like an attractive, mostly nekkid man to inspire me.
                          Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

It took several days for it to click but something just occured to me. We can't confuse the Six in Baltar's head with the one on Caprica. They are at distance enough to need raiders to relay the information back home (to "Cylonia - the planet of private screening rooms"). The Six that Baltar sees is obviously based elsewhere. Maybe in his head - Cylons are competent manipulators of biology so maybe the "chip" is just a gray matter cold-cut. This would certainly not show up on a head C.T. Maybe the Baltar Six is based in Shelley - who is in hiding in the fleet.
                            Freedom is Slavery. Spending is Stimulus. Hope is Change

Comment

i have a doubt that rise in my mind guys, looking at this episode's end:

- Cylons are not all linked together somehow???
                              I mean, they appear to know things happened to others (see in the scene where new Boomer knows feelings of dead boomer , and feels them too somehow...and vice-versa i think)
                              -They have spies, moreover, in the last scene with "Xena" they are watching the tape cylon lucy made on the fleet itself (its evident somehow someone gave it to them, no?)

Said so....
                              why just when they watch the tape made by reporter Lucy, they are astonished and surprised to see the pregnant boomer alive....

It seems contradictions, HOW THEY DIDNT KNOW IT ?!?!?
                              In particular, Pregnant boomer is in the BRIG, guarded , many people know of her existence, WE MUST ASSUME that anyone know of her existence (see all pilots and officers, also the infamous Gaeta (i say infamous because many believes he is Cylon) and all the command deck guys) , are NOT CYLON, because in that way , according to logic, the others should had already known of pregnant boomer survive....

I know, maybe iexplained myself bad, but...you got the point??
                              thanks

Comment

Yeah, it seems no more cylons are present on the Galactica, since her restriction is to that ship only and civilians can't access it, they could have parties on Galactica and no one would know. Which makes me wonder..

Do the cylons know that the other Sharon was killed? For all they know, there are still 2 Sharons on board since the one they watched on Caprica is now aboard the Galactica with the baby. But there was always their Sharon who shot Adama, surely if Cally was a cylon or if Gaeta was a cylon or Dee, they would have known that Sharon was alive and the other Sharon is dead.

Comment

Working...
                                X