Home, Part 2 (207)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kazper
    Oh and I'd really be surprised if Baltar is a Cylon. As someone else said he is all too human in his shortcomings and his failings. There is not one even semi-solid reason to think he's a cylon. Each and every action of his is fully explainable as both insanity and/or actually being seduced by Six.
    Unless he's a cylon running Windows and MS family of products...
    "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Dialogue from Home Part 1:
      Priestess: "And the blaze pursued them and the people of Kobol had a choice: To board the great ship or take the high road through the rocky ridge..."
      Sharon: "And the body of each tribe's leader was offered to the gods in the tomb of Athena."
      Priestess: "Yes. Precisely."
      Sharon: "And the great ship was the galleon that departed from here where we're standing. And it took the founders of the 13 colonies to their destiny. And those that didn't board the galleon took the high road, the rocky ridge that led to the tomb."
      Is Kobol or Earth the 13th colony?

Dialogue from Flesh and Bone:
      Cylon to Starbuck: You're going to find Kobol, the birth place of us all.
      Last edited by Talisman; 05 September 2005, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Talisman
        Dialogue from Home Part 1:
        Is Kobol or Earth the 13th colony?

Dialogue from Flesh and Bone:
        Earth is the 13th colony. For some strange reason we decided to go in the opposite direction.

Comment

It's taken me three days to get an account activated so I could say this...

Home Pt.2 SUCKED!

I know some criticisms have been discussed already, but I've been itching to throw in my 2 cents. There should have been another Cylon attack. I know, I know, there was one but it ended up on the cutting room floor. Well, forgive me, but if it doesn't make it to the airwaves it doesn't count! After all that talk about the "price in blood" and the Cylons knowing about the tomb there should have been one more ambush!

I can almost hear it now... "Ahhh, Grover, dear purple newbie friend, it's more meaningful that the expedition turned on itself and shed its own blood."

I disagree. The whole double cross ambush at the tomb was STUPID! I forget the character's name, but the guy who planned the whole set-up was carrying a 4-shot pistol. Let's think this through. Sharon shoots Adama and he shoots Apollo. He has to figure on shooting more people at this point! Starbuck's goin' to draw if you gun down her father figure and her love interest, so you've got to pop her. The chief is standing there with an assault rifle so he's got to go too. He wants to shoot Sharon as well, but killing her means taking out Helo as well. Zarek's stepped away from the plan and he's got a Cylon and a redshirt as his back-up. And at no point do we ever see him talking to the redshirt to let him know that the plan is going down! So, we've got 5 armed targets and only 4 bullets in the gun. And then he still has to off Billy and Rosalyn... and probably the redshirt too because that guy has GOT to die. C'mon, you can't break sci fi tradition!

At first I thought they were going to make the character a Cylon, because I thought it would be cool if the principle advisor to Rosalyn's chief politcal rival was a toaster, but there was no way a Cylon would be stupid enough to try this hit! The whole assassination plan became a plot device for Sharon to earn Adama's trust. Which was pretty much unnecessary because Sharon had earned her life by convincing Rosalyn, Lee and Kara.

The whole episode wasn't a loss, because anytime you have Olmos on screen and conscious you're going to see some good stuff. But after everything that was developed in Part 1, the ending was a huge let down.

And don't get me started about the final scene in the hanger! I liked it better the first time I saw it in the mini-series!

Comment

I was suprised that Roslin saw Billy as presidential material, that came out of the blue. I don't remember seeing her make mention of it before. I knew he was dear, I didn't think she was grooming him to succeed her. I thought she might have had Apollo in mind for the job.

Comment

Originally posted by grover
              The whole assassination plan became a plot device for Sharon to earn Adama's trust. Which was pretty much unnecessary because Sharon had earned her life by convincing Rosalyn, Lee and Kara.
              I’m not too sure. I still think Roslin would be willing to space her if push came to shove. She was only using Sharon to find the tomb. After that I think Roslin considered her useless and a threat so if Adama didn’t want her taken back to the fleet, I’m not too sure Roslin would put up much of a fight and insist on bringing her back. Lee would most definitely take her out if he could. Kara’s kind of a fence sitter as far as Sharon goes. I don’t think she cares one way or the other and is too conflicted to make a choice. Notice how she turned her back when Adama tried to kill Sharon. Yeah, at times she sticks up for her but only because she seems to have sympathy for Helo not because she cares for Sharon. Or that’s how I see it.

Adama needed convincing because he is the man with the guns after all. So if he didn’t want her on Galactica, then she wasn’t coming back with them. So Sharon’s attempt to win some trust wasn’t pointless, imo, cause she needed to give him a reason to somewhat believe what she was saying or at least a reason to not kill her or leave her on Kobol. The guy had just tried to kill her and probably would have…. Holding a gun on him and then not shooting has to say something or at least plant a seed of doubt as to what this thing’s intentions are.

Yeah I don’t see how Meier’s plan was actually going to work. I was actually kind of confused on that. How was he supposed to justify shooting Lee? And not get shot himself…. Whatever. I just kind of wrote that off since it never came to be.

Welcome to the board btw. Hope you stick around.

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
              I was suprised that Roslin saw Billy as presidential material, that came out of the blue.
              At first I just though Adama was feeding him a line of BS just to make him feel better.
              IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                Earth is the 13th colony. For some strange reason we decided to go in the opposite direction.
                Notice that you haven't seen or heard any reference to STARBUCKS in the 12 colonies....Now on Earth, that of course is not the case...
                "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Here's why I think Sharon didn't need to win over Adama to stay alive: Information. She's got it and Rosalyn and Co. need it. She's shown repeatedly that she knows more about what the humans are trying to accomplish than they do. If nothing else there are still 8 cylons roaming about in the fleet and she could point them out.

I disagree with you regarding Adama vs the Prez (gotta check the spelling of her name!) Adama was the one in the weaker position, he was reaching out to Roz in an attempt to unite the fleet. If she wanted Sharon alive than Adama wasn't going to say no. Lee would follow his father's lead, but after being faced down in Part 1 I don't think he was as anxious to expose her innards to direct light. He's joined Kara on the fence... and not just because he likes the company.

Yes, I'm a shipper at heart.

Comment

Know what? I refused to consider that Kara might be a cylon until that Starbucks comment.

Comment

Here's why I think Sharon didn't need to win over Adama to stay alive: Information. She's got it and Rosalyn and Co. need it. She's shown repeatedly that she knows more about what the humans are trying to accomplish than they do. If nothing else there are still 8 cylons roaming about in the fleet and she could point them out.
                      I agree about that. That’s why I’d keep her around, at least temporarily, but based on Roslin’s previous history with Leoben, I still don’t think she believes that anything they say can be trusted with certainty. That’s why she was none too hesitant to space her in Home Pt I. “We don’t keep Cylons around here.” Though I guess if she believes that she can continue to hold the life of Helo and the baby over Boomer’s head, she might could get some intel from her.
                      I disagree with you regarding Adama vs the Prez (gotta check the spelling of her name!) Adama was the one in the weaker position, he was reaching out to Roz in an attempt to unite the fleet. If she wanted Sharon alive than Adama wasn't going to say no.
                      Oh I think he’d say no, even if she asked or even ordered him to. I doubt Roslin would have made that a sticking point for reuniting the fleet though. She doesn’t trust Boomer any farther than she can throw her, and I doubt her helping them find the tomb changed that much. Roslin’s key goal was to find the tomb by any means necessary, and if that meant getting help from a Cylon, so be it. But now the president’s crusade from the past several episodes has been accomplished. If she had wanted other info from her (like the identity of other Cylons), I don’t think she would have been so quick to order her out an airlock in the first place. Course that’s just my opinion.
                      Lee would follow his father's lead, but after being faced down in Part 1 I don't think he was as anxious to expose her innards to direct light. He's joined Kara on the fence... and not just because he likes the company.
                      Forgot about that. Yeah, that would make Lee a fence sitter as well, but if his father wanted her gone, he’d back him and he did. So if pulling a gun on Lee had a desired affect then it’s somewhat safe to reason that doing the same to Adama would kind of accomplish the same thing.

No one is ever going to ask Boomer directly who the other Cylon’s within the fleet are. If they do, she’ll just lie and say she doesn’t know cause Moore’s not going to make it that easy in fingering the other Cylons.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Couple things.

First, are you sure about the spelling of "Roslin?"

Second, we'll just have to disagree on the Prez vs Commander issue. Sharon's on board Galactica and now it's Baltar's turn to play Godfather.

Comment

Couple things.

First, are you sure about the spelling of "Roslin?"

Second, we'll just have to disagree on the Prez vs Commander issue. Sharon's on board Galactica and now it's Baltar's turn to play Godfather.
                          Yep, it's spelt Roslin.

It's an interesting discussion on who gets to control the fate of this Sharon. I'd have to go with ... actually I have no idea. Are they still keeping the military seperate from the police? If Roslin arrested her it would go to say she'd be sent to the Astral Queen, however since she is on the Galactica, I'd say Adama is the one that decides.

Comment

Thanks for the spellcheck.

Sharon's on Galactica because that's where the specially designed Cylon cell is. I don't think it had anything to do with who made the decision.

It's also easier for future plot development. Sharon and the baby have to be on the same ship for Balter to work his machinations. Who wants to see a scene where Baltar jumps on a shuttle in every episode to go see Sharon? Why saddle the writers with that responsibilty?

Comment

Originally posted by Kazper
                              Oh and I'd really be surprised if Baltar is a Cylon. As someone else said he is all too human in his shortcomings and his failings. There is not one even semi-solid reason to think he's a cylon. Each and every action of his is fully explainable as both insanity and/or actually being seduced by Six. I'm pretty sure that's the real delicate balance the writers want to keep - is he really talking to Six or is he just completely insane. Not "is he a Cylon or not" - that would just be too simplistic for this show.
                              The one thing I can't get beyong is that he survived an atomic blast in the mini that apparently killed Six just by ducking in front of her. Next time we see him, he's running across a field.

I don't say he IS a Cylon, but I would not be the least surprised if he is. And I bet "God" is actually a human Baltar, or a Cylon Baltar with his consciousness.

Comment

Originally posted by FeloniousMonk
                                why do people keep saying "a stargate connection"?
                                Perhaps because this is a Stargate board, and some of us actually consider tongue-in-cheek pretty harmless?

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
                                Notice how [Kara] turned her back when Adama tried to kill Sharon. Yeah, at times she sticks up for her but only because she seems to have sympathy for Helo not because she cares for Sharon.
                                I think Kara's attitude towards Sharon is quite intriguing. Turning her back on Adama & Sharon seems to indicate she neither wanted to be a diretc participant in Sharon's execution nor intended to stick up for her. Yet notice how quickly Kara produced the arrow when Roslin was contemplating Sharon's claim of knowing the way. I think deep down Kara is quite conflicted (but then I might be over-analyzing again ).

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
                                No one is ever going to ask Boomer directly who the other Cylon’s within the fleet are.
                                It sure looks that way, but what I don't understand is why not. Even if she lies, I doubt she'll lie completely (because that'd just be stupid). So, to the extent any of her claims could be verifies/repudiated is still valiable intel.

Here's why I think Sharon didn't need to win over Adama to stay alive: Information. ...
                                I agree with you that information may ultimately be what will keep her alive (at least for a while), but I do think Adama was the one she most needed to persuade at that time. After Sharon proved her use to Roslin, no one was anxious to excute her on-spot. The only possible exception was Adama, but his reaction was mostly emotional. All Sharon had to do was introduce some doubt to his mind to buy herself some time, and this she did. Whether it was for some nefarious cylon programming or out of survival instinct is anybody's guess.

And don't get me started about the final scene in the hanger! I liked it better the first time I saw it in the mini-series!
                                I liked this episode, but I share your dislike of the finale scene (that is, if you were referring to the slow-clapping). I suppose there was a dramatic purpose for that, but too much hugging and clapping in a single episode makes me squirm in my seat . Which kind of sucketh, because I LOVED the reunion scenes between Adama, Lee, and Kara.
                                In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                                X