No announcement yet.

Home, Part 2 (207)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just curious if anyone else noticed Baltar flipping us off when he raised his glasses looking at the brain scan. bad baltar ;P

Comment

This show just keeps going from strength to strength... I certainly hope they don't find earth any time soon because I would like them to keep stumbling around in the dark for a while... as much as it is realistically possible. I'm glad that this show has come at a time in my life that I can understand it, appreciate it and at a time when I have a bit more insight into the human condition.

Adama is an engaging study in leadership... and EJO is doing a fantastic job portraying the quiet dignity and turning the veiled charisma on and off at will. It just intrigues me that this stooped figure with such a world-weary face can suddenly emerge and become this charismatic, leader of men with the eloquence of Churchill. This is a man who can see the bigger picture, who can humble himself and has a great capacity for generosity. And he doesn't second-guess... He lives with all his demons and forges ahead.
      Now, I begin to see why the cylons and his adversaries really fear him. He is a rallying point... a catalyst... he leads and people follow. The man is an initiator.

Roslin, is an administrator not a leader IMO... She does what she has to and keeps things in order but it is her role as prophet that propels her as a rallying cry. As far as I can tell, her character is largely driven by circumstances and how far she is able to accommodate these circumstances.

I loved the build up with everyone heading towards the tomb... the juxtaposition of the Kobol scenes with scenes of the Galactica. The little moments of tension between characters really serve to heighten expectation of what is to come when the tomb is found.

The look on Lee's face when he came face to face with his father said a thousand words. It was as if the prodigal son had come home... as it were... a mixture of guilt, shock, apprehension and disbelief. It looked like it was the last thing he ever expected to see. And that embrace... reminiscent of the scene in the miniseries when father and son reunite at Ragnar. It was full of pathos... I find it interesting that Lee's loyalty and love for his father never wavered the whole time... his lashing out against Sharon the first and subsequent times really reflected this inner turmoil.
      This and the scene with Roslin, really cements in my mind why Adama is the true initiator. I was quite struck by the chemistry between these two on this occasion. It affirms to me that the idea I've had of Lee being trapped between two estranged parents is not far from the truth.

I have a theory about the arrow of Apollo... and I was jubilant, to say the least, that it is somewhat confirmed in this episode. I was excited to see that the theme, if you like, worked on 3 levels in this episode... First, the literal arrow... the object placed on the archer's bow. Second, Apollo/Lee Adama being instrumental in opening the cave and thirdly, already mentioned by Liebestraume, Apollo/Lee pointing to the Lagoon Nebula. Actually I might even say that it was interesting to see Lee holding a compass during the hike up the rocky ridge. I've been thinking for sometime now, that the arrow of Apollo works on both the symbolic and literal front. Whether that is the end of it... I can't say for certain. But I am quite sure that Lee will play a very large part in the survival of the fleet and its finally locating earth.

Speaking of finding and locating earth... I think it is fairly certain from what Six says to Baltar that the cylons are using the fleet to find earth and the goal appears to be seeing its destruction also. This makes me wonder if they will actually find earth and ask for sanctuary or find earth and then return to Caprica. So it is possible for them to find earth but never actually go there.
      Last edited by Easter Lily; 28 August 2005, 11:59 AM.
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I'm almost positive Doc Cottle said f*** after Baltar banged his head. I'm like 99% sure. Just want to point that out.
        Signature oversized: Click to view.

Comment

Originally posted by sharky277
          I'm almost positive Doc Cottle said f*** after Baltar banged his head. I'm like 99% sure. Just want to point that out.
          After just rewatching that scene with the sound way up I have concluded that he says "Oh for.. I told you not to move!"

Comment

In an hour and a half I'll watch it again and we shall see!
            Signature oversized: Click to view.

Comment

I’ve been agonizingly waiting 7 days for this episode. Both Stargates just deemed to drag on forever and then this episode went by too fast. And now I have to wait two weeks till the next one. Anyway since the thread wasn’t open last night I just rambled on and on…….and on and on…..

Nice little opener there to this one with the cuts between searching for the tomb on both Kobol and Galactica. Still doesn’t top the one to KLG I though.

My most anticipated moments of the night were the reunions and I wasn’t disappointed though I wanted more but thinking about it, what they had was just right. Though I hope we get additional conversation later about what had happened and that it’s not just going to be whitewashed over with all the forgiveness. Anyway….Great expressions of emotions by everyone. That’s why I love the show – the people aspect of it……to me they seem so genuine in their feelings and actions. I could really care less whether they are searching for Earth or a big purple dinosaur. Though I don’t think they’d get so emotional over the dinosaur.

EJO never fails to disappoint me. Excellent performance by him as always in my book especially when he was eyeing Boomer again for the first time- his range of emotions without saying a word. And then bam! Adama takes her down. Wonder why Zarek made a move to try to pull Adama off of her? What does he care? Guess he was still seriously considering using her to off Lee.

Poor Helo. I can’t help but feel for him. So much pain is in store for him. He is such a simple character and the truest one out there because he seeks only to do the right thing (in his mind) because he’s got a good heart, yet he takes so much crap from everyone else for standing by his love for Sharon and the baby. He really trusts and loves her to take this much abuse and not turn his back on her. Touching scenes with those two in this one. I might have to start shipping for those two.

However, can we really trust Boomer? How does she know that Adama asked “Why?” but didn’t know that GalBoomer was dead? (if that’s what she was referring to) Did she just fake her surprised reaction really well or did she not know? Maybe she was playing it up for added Helo sympathy. That little comment (“And you ask why?”) to Adama and his reaction has thrown me for a loop. Not to mention the fact that Boomer was “dead” when he asked that. Though her little retort seems to imply, “Yeah, we want to kill you, Adama, because you want to kill us. That’s why.” Either that or she was going back to Six’s adage that murder is man’s true nature, so man must be exterminated.

No surprise about shooting Meirs. The previews all week pretty much gave zero tension to that storyline. I hope someone does a little questioning of Zarek about it though and not think the henchman was acting of his on volition.

Nice handling of the whole arrow/tomb/map thing. I was kind of worried how that was actually going to play out on film. My guess…some kind of advanced holographic representation that was activated by the arrow (same kind of tech used on Cloud 9 for the fake environment). I’m not even going to try to guess how that image got to Kobol. Someone goes to Earth and then comes back and left the info; people on Kobol originated from Earth, built the tomb, and then fled back to Earth; or was it somehow a direct link to something on Earth? I almost think that it indicates that the descendents of Kobol were originally from Earth. Interesting how Starbuck was whispering while the others were speaking in a normal tone.

Cool that they used an actual existing nebula, yet they kept the exact same name (Lagoon Nebula) and Messier designation of M8 and being in the constellation Sagittarius – The Archer. (But they flubbed and had Lee place it in the constellation Scorpius unless that was some how intentional.) On that note, what would Sagittarius be doing with Apollo’s arrow? Doesn’t he have his own? I’m terrible with mythology.

Heh. Tigh refusing to clap for Roslin at first. I wonder what he really thinks of Adama for backing down and reconciling with her after all the **** he went through when Adama was out of commission.

Six: I'm an angel of god sent here to protect you. To guide you, to love you.
              Baltar: To what end?
              Six: To the end of the human race.

Yikes. Six’s final line to Baltar and the look on his face. *shudder* Man she is wickedly evil.

I’m going to go as insane as Baltar if they don’t stop with the whole thing with Six, is she or isn’t she a chip, and her riddles and mind games. Now I think Baltar is a Cylon…..because if Six isn’t a chip and Baltar’s not crazy, she’s certainly no angel…. TH’s impersonation of Starbuck was great.

To have such a serious episode yet inject so much humor into it. The whole bit with Baltar/Six and then with the doc (that character is priceless), Kara’s crack about the arrow needing an instruction manual and “I think that was the lobby.” Hehe.

Incredible episode. I thought it tied up some plot lines nicely. Maybe a little too conveniently, but we needed to move on so all was forgiven……Hopefully we'll get some additional conversation in later episodes concerning what transpired between KLG and Home.
              IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate
                I am just curious if anyone else noticed Baltar flipping us off when he raised his glasses looking at the brain scan. bad baltar ;P
                I think that’s just the actor. He’s done that before during Hand of God when he was pointing out on the map of the refinery where they should bomb.
                Originally posted by Easter Lily
                I've been thinking for sometime now, that the arrow of Apollo works on both the symbolic and literal front.
                I always assumed that as well because it was too obvious that Lee’s call sign is Apollo and oh yeah we just happen to need something called the Arrow of Apollo to find Earth. Just had to always figure that Lee would play prominently into events on Kobol and in finding Earth.
                Originally posted by Liebestraume
                Boomer certainly doesn't seem to have any doubt about herself being a Cylon. Not only she accepts it as a matter of fact, she doesn't seem to be apologetic about it either. I kind of like that about her, and her "I don't have hidden programs ... I make my own choices" spiel. Still I wonder if she is being a bit naive about escaping her linage. She seems to think she is not "wired," but her taking on the memories of the "other Boomer" surely belies at least a part of that.
                I think this Boomer is acting as an individual model, in that I don’t think she is influenced by some other Cylon throwing an on and off switch to get her to do certain things or that there is embedded programming waiting to be triggered. So if she is telling the truth, then I think she is capable of making her own choices and avoiding any residual Cylon impulses such as to kill….well at least not kill Helo….. Though I do think she is lying about the whole “wired” thing. My only worry is can she really be trusted. I think she’ll do anything to protect Helo and the baby. Anything. But then again her whole demeanor could be an elaborate ploy that is a step in the master Cylon plan to get her aboard the Galactica in order to meet up with Giaus “Instrument of God” Baltar.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
                  I always assumed that as well because it was too obvious that Lee’s call sign is Apollo and oh yeah we just happen to need something called the Arrow of Apollo to find Earth. Just had to always figure that Lee would play prominently into events on Kobol and in finding Earth.
                  Well, you know me... I've been accused of reading too much into things before ...
                  Still it surprises me that nobody on Kobol picked up on it... Didn't somebody ask the question about how they got inside without "the arrow of Apollo"? I suppose the arrow here seems to refer to his arms.
                  Now, all I'm waiting for now is that the metaphorical aspect of the Arrow of Apollo to come to light...
                  sigpic
                  "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Elliot
                    It was in the actual episode. Almost 31 minutes in, she says it with her conversation with Zarek's man after Adama has arrived - its right after a commercial break. Same with "Come here, you should see this." It is seconds after.
                    That is probably why I never heard because it was right after the commercial break, Time Warner must be screwing up or somebodybecause commercials don't end at the right time and I end up coming back to a show a few seconds late.

Comment

I think that’s just the actor. He’s done that before during Hand of God when he was pointing out on the map of the refinery where they should bomb.

oh i agree but it was extremely noticible, and in retrospect quite symbolic as a protest of how the doctor was treating baltar at that moment in time.

Comment

I've always thought that somehow Six and Baltar fused in the moment she sheltered him from the bomb blast, way back in the original attack. Her consciousness was supposed to be downloaded into a new body somewhere else and instead it downloaded into him. So she's not a chip, but she is a real person sharing his software.

Comment

Wow, what an episode! Just when you think BSG can't get any better, they successfully pull off something like tonight's episode.

First let me say that I am overjoyed that Sharon is back. It doesn't matter if she is EJO's or Helo's Sharon.

Admiration aside, Sharon is just like the other Sharon; she is wired in to the big Cylon internet. She proves this by asking when Adama "and you had to ask why?" Chief's Sharon was already dead when Adama asked that question. So that has to mean that Helo Sharon is wired in to the Master Cylon Controller. On a side note, when she repeated that question to Adama, I nearly fell out of my chair. That was so perfect. Who writes this stuff?

Another reason I don't trust Sharon is because I think she is scheming to at least ensure her survival. That speech she gave Helo about loving and trusting her to do what is best for them clearly applies to more than just the incident at the tomb's entrance. She is still very aware of how the humans feel about her, and she has a plan. Maybe her plan is an instruction from the Cylon Master Controller.

Tonight's episode definitely proves that Baltar is a Cylon. Six is the Cylon Master Controller's way of programming him for the final plan. Just as Chief's Sharon was very conflicted with her instructions, you can clearly see that Baltar is conflicted with his new instructions. Baltar is a Cylon mole.

Adama is the man! I don't think he really acknowledges the President's position. He is only supporting her to accomplish his goal of reuniting the fleet.

I was a little upset to see that Zarek's man died before he could expose Zarek's dishonesty. Guess Zarek survives for another week.

The reunion scene on Cobol was fabulous! I loved how Starbuck and Apollo prepared to attack the "noise in the bushes" only to find that Adama himself had already tracked them with his weapon drawn. All those years in command hasn't dulled his infantry skills. Adama is a true soldier. The reunion between Adama/Apollo, Adama/Starbuck, and Rosylyn/her aid (forgot his name) was emotional. It seems that everyone was just happy to see each other forgetting all the animosity between them. They are a true family.

I didn't mean to type so much, but this episode has a lot to offer. I will quit now and have dinner with the family.

Comment

However, can we really trust Boomer? How does she know that Adama asked “Why?” but didn’t know that GalBoomer was dead?
                            Heh, I completely missed the significance of that line the first time I saw the episode, dispite the facts they showed a flashback of that clip only seconds before.

I'm sure there is much more to this Boomer than we have seen so far. However I don't think the writers will "kill" this Boomer model off because there would be no way to successfully introcude another one into the story line, and I don't think that they want to get rid of this character any time soon.

Tigh refusing to clap for Roslin at first. I wonder what he really thinks of Adama for backing down and reconciling with her after all the **** he went through when Adama was out of commission.
                            Its going to be really interesting to see how Tigh reacts to Adama's new acceptance of Roslin in future episodes. We also see that a lot of the military agree with Tigh's point of view.

Comment

Definitely much to think on Love that about this show!

I dunno about Sharon.... I don't think she can really MAKE the claim that she's independent of the rest of the Cylons, even if she believes it, so did the other Sharon, it was just an instantaneous takeover when she shot Adama. I don't see any reason why this Sharon should be any different. And her saying to Adama " And you ask why..." gave me shivers! How could she know that, if as others have pointed out, Sharon was dead when Adama said it!?!

It's amazing how different TH looks not all dolled up, I actually had a little difficulty determining it WAS still Six

As always, can't wait for the next ep. Watched this one on a home theatre projection system with a rocking surround sound set up. I must see what sort of bribery would be required to watch the eps on it every week..... *plots*

Comment

I still would've liked to see a definite answer as to what happened in the tomb. It's unlikely they were transported anywhere but the grass around them seemed far too real to be an illusion. They didn't even mention it; Cloud 9 has actual trees and plants, the illusion there is just the sunlight and the horizon created by the dome, everything else is genuine. We're supposed to assume the technology on Kobol can recreate matter as well?

It would've been nice to get at least some kind of comment on it. Other than that I really enjoyed the episode.

Oh and I still think Helo's a pathetic fool

Comment

Working...
                                X