Crossroads, Part 2 (320)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
    Ok another thought hee...that the four being cylons was too easy, and IF theya re cylons WHY was Boomer messing around with the CHEIF. THEY ARE TRYING TO PRODUCE CYLON HUMAN HYBRIDS!!!! Also if starbuck was a cylon why did the cylons take her ovary on Caprica? and then try to get her to "love" another cylon????
    I am confused as heck right now!!!!!!!
    I done shat in me pants!!! Holy crap!!! Good thing I wear diapers.

Ahem, maybe like one of the previous poster said, the "final five" aren't really themselves... All those characters (with the possible exception of chief and Foster) have been in situations where they are imprisoned by Cylon without us knowing exactly what happened to them...

Maybe the Cylons cloned Kara when she was on Caprica? Tigh on New Caprica and Anders... Well he was sick for a while on New Caprica and Leobon did visit him in the tent...

But holy crap!!! What an episode!!! Just thinking about it made me lose bowel control again!!!

Where's my pepto bismol?

Comment

Keeping with the song theme,

A line in it:
      There must be some way out of here

-The nebula has caused the black outs and there is only a certin way through the nebula.

Line :
      All along the watchtower, princes kept the view

-Could this mean Earth has been watching both the coloniest and the cylons all this time.

Line :
      Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl,
      Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl.

-The colony and cylon fleets arrive at the nebula at the same time.

just thinking out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by mizzoueng View Post
        Very good eoisode.

Rosilin, the whole dream sequence thing points to her being 5th. But we don't know the order of the final 5. Presumebly the 1st would be the most powerful, being so close to the Ionian (sp?) nebula, perhaps she is 1 and the proxciemity to the nebula boosted her "wireless" and she was able to knock out the fleets power when her cancer gave her the "one-two". But again, too easy.
        id disagree... shes the dieing leader... she cant set foot on earth... hence, Not a cylon...

and yes i agree that them saying were here for u makes them seem kinda like slightly more helpful ancients... they have been given all this new knowledge but cant directly convey it to ppl... but they can still help

... 3 cheers for diversity among cylons though -hehe
        ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
          Now this is an idea I can relate to. Infact all of these people were under cyclon control at one time or another!!!! There is also the intriguing idea that these five are the Lords of Kobol, too. It is going to be a long time until JANUARY 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          There are 12 Lords of Kobol, plus a 13th one who became the "unspoken one". So if our 12 Cylons are indeed the Lords of Kobol, then who is #13?

Comment

Originally posted by number13 View Post
            3) Baltar - Dammit, I STILL think he is a Cylon and he is my candidate for the Cylon God. Not one of the 5, but an additional one...
            Don't necessarily agree with you, but did you notice in the final vision when Six and Baltar are standing at the altar thingy with Hera that there are SIX white columns/stripes. They turn and see five white figures, but I think there's meant to be a sixth. My guess would be Hera, though, which is why it's so important to keep her alive.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              Incidentally, what are the thoughts on the significance of the mass power outage?
              I believe that is to allow them the 20 minutes without all dying, *if* the cylon fleet is not from earth or some other twist. After all, if the RTF had a power failure, why wouldn't the cylon fleet?

I agree with others. These 4 aren't cylons (at least not 4 of the final 5), it's misdirection. Heck, last week's preview of this week's episode had one of them saying they're all cylons. BSG tends to reveal info like that in suprises, not broadcast it 2 episodes in advance.

I'm not convinced Starbuck is back. The biggest issue is where did she get a Mk 2 viper, and where is the ship that launched it? (Vipers can't jump last I checked). Plus, given that Starbuck saw a phantom raider in the gas giant, and the fact that 4 of the characters are having hallucinations, I wouldn't be surprised if Apollo is hallicunating a la Baltar and #6. It'll be interesting to see where this goes.

My guess is that they're all cylons, at least cylons built by the people that became the 13th tribe. Way back when ("All this has happened before and will happen again), the "humans" were built by the people who eventually left for earth, waged war against them, the 13th tribe's RTF managed to escape. Later, the "humans" figured out how to reproduce (like the Hera arc), leading to the 12 colonies. I like this idea because it suggest that when the RTF shows up at earth, the Earthlings blow them out of the sky thinking they're the cylons from 3000 years ago finally finding them

Comment

Originally posted by Erised View Post
                HOLY FRAK
                is all I gotta say
                It's going to be one hard year...........
                That's putting it mildly. I think we're all just coming to the realization of how long it's going to be before the events of this episode are resolved at all. It is almost too horrible to think about too much.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by MrBojangles View Post
                  The other Cylons don't know who the final 5 are. Remember Deeanna had no clue who they were until she had that dream in the opera house. She looked directly at one of them and started to cry and then said, "I'm so sorry. I didn't know." Fairly sure thats a reference to when she pulled out Saul's eye on New Caprica. Though, I don't believe they are Cylons. Its just too easy for them to be. Perhaps there are NO final 5. Maybe these 5 figures we keep seeing in Caprica 6, Athena, Hera, and Rosilin's dreams are something else....
                  She didn't pull out Tigh's eye- I was thinking that it was a reference to Anders, and how she tried to kill him in Downloaded.

And.....surprise, surprise, Gateworld sets a new user record.

Comment

r perhaps there are 5 Lords of Kobol and one renegade, the cylon god.
                    I have limited knowledge of the original series, but wasn't that how it was in it? There were all these good Lords of Kobol with one bad one? Lord Ibis or whatever?
                    "Thats O'Neill with TWO L's!"
                    *Jack holds up three fingers*
                    ------------------------------
                    Anubis' Jaffa: "No matter what you've previously endured. You have no idea what Anubis is capable of."
                    Jack: "You ended that sentence with a preposition..... Bastard!"

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      I don't believe they're Cylons. Tory's telling Roslin "I'm here if you need me" and Tigh's "You can count on me" to Adama strike me as being important to what they are.
                      I tend to agree. Maybe these people, Tigh, Tyrol, Anders and Tori, are preists of the Temple of Five who served the jealous God, along with Kara. It would make some sense. Considering that the "not Leoben" told Kara that she confused the messenger with the message and that she learned the wrong lesson. It would make the "not Leoben" the jealous God. But then again, what the frack do I know?
                      Aadizookaan

Comment

I always thought there was something suspicious about the humanoid cylons. Perhaps they did not evolve from the toasters. Perhaps one of the Lords of Kobol created him in his image. That would be the one that we have not accounted for. Or perhaps there are 5 Lords of Kobol and one renegade, the cylon god.

Oh BTW, that is not the first time the Tyrol has wandered off and found something important. He was the one who located the temple on the alien planet. And is it not odd that he was the one doing it with the other toaster on board when the series started.

We have three candidates for one (or two) remaining positions.

1) Kara Thrace - Sure she's special and we thought she was dead. There are three possibilities a) She was rescued in the vortex, b) she died and she was reborn, c) the vortex was a type wormhole that popped her out near earth. Even in cases a) and c) she could still be a bio-mechanoid and given her prophetic visions, it is has to be considered.

2) President Rosilin - She's been having visions for a LONG time. Is it the Kamela, or is it her nature. The fact that she is having the SAME vision as 6 and Athena makes here VERY suspect. That fact that she had a blackout and the same time the fleet did means that her visions are not random.

3) Baltar - Dammit, I STILL think he is a Cylon and he is my candidate for the Cylon God. Not one of the 5, but an additional one, perhaps some type of exiled underworld figure from the Pantheon. He cannot have those prescient visions and be NORMAL.

4) The Oracle - Yeah, you know there's something different about that girl. She knows too much.

And then again, if a Lord of Kobol could make the Cyclons the others could certainly make more. All we know is that Xena recognized just one. If it turns out that they are ALL Cylons, I'll be really peaved.
                        the cylon god MUST be portrayed by none other than Dirk Benedict (for the youngsters - he was the orginal Starbuck )

Comment

I love all the speculation in this thread - it goes to show that quality writing can keep us all spell bound.

I agree - not sure if the four of them - or the returned Kara are in fact Cylons. Maybe they are - and maybe they are not.

But one thing is for sure - Galacitica is in the Milky Way, and Earth - at least for the story - is real. The last 30 seconds of the episode held more for me than everything else combined.

Tech Junkie

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
                          "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Comment

So...do the cylons still have a plan? O_o

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboni View Post
                              I done shat in me pants!!! Holy crap!!! Good thing I wear diapers.

Ahem, maybe like one of the previous poster said, the "final five" aren't really themselves... All those characters (with the possible exception of chief and Foster) have been in situations where they are imprisoned by Cylon without us knowing exactly what happened to them...

Maybe the Cylons cloned Kara when she was on Caprica? Tigh on New Caprica and Anders... Well he was sick for a while on New Caprica and Leobon did visit him in the tent...

But holy crap!!! What an episode!!! Just thinking about it made me lose bowel control again!!!

Where's my pepto bismol?
                              Heck Anders survived how long on Caprica while it was under Cylon control? Maybe KARA BROUGHT BACK A FAKE?????????

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                                So...do the cylons still have a plan? O_o
                                Yes, but it might not be the plan they thought it was.

Comment

Working...
                                X