No announcement yet.

Crossroads, Part 1 (319)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did not like having no opening credits. I like being able to see a few sences in the episode.

Comment

Radio waves travel at the speed of light.

Assuming they are VERY far from earth, that is at least a couple hundred light years.

That means that they are indeed in OUR future...

I don't think that that's the case, I think they just used that song because either a writer or producer likes it. It's obvious that BSG doesn't exist in our universe, hell giving the date's that they're throwing around:

4,000 years ago the 12 tribes leave Kobol for the colonies
      2,000 years ago the 13th tribe leaves Kobol for Earth.

They obviously aren't in our future, they are most likely in our past because if they are in our future (assuming they are somewhat close at a couple hundred light years) that means our own history wouldn't fit with the story...

Comment

Originally posted by daniel9 View Post
        yea the song title was mentioned earlierin this topic. i wouldve liked to hear jimi's version tho
        Nah, I still like Dylan's original much better. Very appropriate song that's actually grounded deeply in the Bible and its apocalyptic imagery.

For those who haven't read the spoilers out there, you're in for a treat. BSG is taking a hard turn in a different direction.

Comment

Originally posted by tgmd View Post
          They obviously aren't in our future, they are most likely in our past because if they are in our future (assuming they are somewhat close at a couple hundred light years) that means our own history wouldn't fit with the story...
          Not that the original show should be any indication of whats going on now, but it would be fair to mention that in the original show they did recieve the Moon landing which had occured about 10 years before the original series episode aired meaning they were at least 10 LY away from earth.

But to the point here. We've been broadcasting EM signals for the past 110 years since Marconi put the first radio station on the Isle of Wight in 1897. So they could be about 100 LY from modern day earth and be hearing the first radio transmissions, they'd be faint, which might explain why only a few folks hear them. By the time they get within 50-80 LY from Earth we'll be another form of entertainment for the crew.

Assuming of course that events on the show are occuring at roughly the same time as the present.

Comment

Great episode and if the preview is any indication the next part will be two. But is it just me or does it seem like Baltars lawyer is the only sane one left in the fleet. Adm. Adama seems to have lost it since starbuck died. Colonel Tigh is going insane.

Comment

Originally posted by brevis067 View Post
              Great episode and if the preview is any indication the next part will be two. But is it just me or does it seem like Baltars lawyer is the only sane one left in the fleet. Adm. Adama seems to have lost it since starbuck died. Colonel Tigh is going insane.
              Yup.....actually, I tend to agree about Baltar's lawyer, he was kinda sane compared to everyone else. One of the things that I really loved about this episode was how on edge all of the characters were- and most of them very subtley. That entire mood of the episode is why it seemed to fly by so quickly. That and the lack of opening credits.

Comment

This eppy was pretty packed with stuff.....wonder what the dream means
                with Athena, Hera, Six and Rosalind.
                Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBojangles View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  Know what's funny? The "music" that Tigh, Anders, and Tori kept hearing was referenced in this episode. "too much confusion" & "there must be some way out of here" are lyrics from the song.
                  Yes, for the FIRST time the composers/mixers for the show were authorized by the writing staff to use real "Earth" music. . .

The reason behind this--?

They are close enough to earth to finally "recieve" the radio-waves that our plannet is emmitting. Similar to how people w/braces can "hear the radio" on their teeth....each one that hears the music is either a cylon or a decenant of the 13th colony. . .

Why else use "Earth music" and only have 5 people hear it....?
                  SO SAY WE ALL
                  sigpic

Comment

Sif almost kill Racetrack :| With Kat and Starbuck gone, Racetrack is the only snarky pilot left. "I know you wank it in your rack" HAHAHAHAHA.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                      Sif almost kill Racetrack :| With Kat and Starbuck gone, Racetrack is the only snarky pilot left. "I know you wank it in your rack" HAHAHAHAHA.
                      what about hotdog although we dont see much of him any more...

and that quote caught me off gaurd XD XD

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
                        what about hotdog although we dont see much of him any more...

and that quote caught me off gaurd XD XD
                        Yeah, but Hotdog doesn't really get the snark going. He'd be a good target for Racetrack though

Comment

Originally posted by DaDornta View Post
                          Yes, for the FIRST time the composers/mixers for the show were authorized by the writing staff to use real "Earth" music. . .

The reason behind this--?

They are close enough to earth to finally "recieve" the radio-waves that our plannet is emmitting. Similar to how people w/braces can "hear the radio" on their teeth....each one that hears the music is either a cylon or a decenant of the 13th colony. . .

Why else use "Earth music" and only have FINAL FIVE hear it....?
                          there, i fixed it for you ...

(that's first thing that went through my mind when i read that only 5 people can hear the music ... kinda makes sense .. but i guess they are just playing with us)
                          VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

bsg has been horrible the past few episodes before this. like i honestly dont wait a week to see tyrol negtiate a labor union. so this last hr better be good. and if it is its gonna have to pack in a LOT.
                            ok so i have read no spoliers and dont even pay attention to the "previews" as they are always all screwed up and out of order... theres so many things possible going on that a have a few theories and questions that are solely my own ideas and concotions i thought abt while in the shower. not all of them can work so look at them kinda individually
                            -first why is every1 going insane? there all pissy at each other and seriously falling apart. tigh is nuts, bill and laura are being really mean and helo is being helo... yes the sanes person is the awesome laywer...

baltars gonna be innocent... hes a bad guy but he did sign orders with a gun 2 his head, and proving otherwise will be hard in court. plus why get rid of such an awesome/evil charcater?

so we've all probably see contact so the radio signals have gotta be earth sigals, which means soon enough well see gaetadoing the charleston in the c.i.c.... why is it just a few? maybe theyre cylons or maybe saul has a plate in his head from a war injury

her cancers back bc shes the dying leader again and they must be getting closer to earth...

if someone doesnt look out the window and say ... hmmm this part of the galaxy looks kind of milky (milky way) dont it? im gonna be even more upset

so for the years that they reach earth in... it would be kind of a waste for them to show up in the old west, have they ever said to us how long is a year on their planet, do we know any ages? on their planet what if col. tigh is really 28? that should put them in basically now days...

now this show isnt stargate, kara didnt escape the replicator ship via ascension.. if shes back shes a cylon, i mean we did see xena saying wow im sorry i never knew when she looked at the robed 5th cyclon. -- this show has been great bc the only thing scifi abt it is the enemy, the ftl drive and its in space... if all of a sudden they switch from that, its totally jumping the shark...

numbers play a big role in the show: theres 12 cylon models... 1 for each colony, 7 we know 5 we dont... we know the ones revealed to use #'s are 3,5,6, and an 8... the other 3 they havnt told us their #'s yet i believe..are these numbers significant?... all they show me is that the final 5 are out of order and makes me think why they didnt know the cylons that came before and after them? why havnt the cylons been which is model # 1 or 12?.. perhpas the final 5's model #'s are 1, 2, 10, 11 and 12? 2 orginals that created them all and 3 more hidden in the fleet?

heres the weird crazy theory here:
                            part 1: has any1 ever thought how they got the cylons in the fleet? i mean the surviving ships seemed random. they all happened to be aboard ships that survived? or did the cylons let them survive? if so why? perhaps it is part of a grand cylon experiment?

part 2: the cylons disappeared for 50 yrs and then now they r in an all out earth search effort. what if theyve already been there? bill adama uses an earth quote abt rolling the hard 6 that apparently no1 else has even heard of or knows its meaning. why does he say this/ know it? to end the war ur not gonna sign a treaty with a bullet headed toaster/ centurian. theyve shows us no cylon leader that the colonials would have negotiated the orignal treaty with. perhaps it was negtiated with what would become the first skin job.. could it be adama? is the first truly successful cylon human hybrid really apollo? if so do we maybe hear something abt zack adama? maybe the gallactica is just the cylons true test for integration with humanity? perhaps theres more of these than we know in the fleet and a lot of ppl are really part cylon by now?

-have i covered everything? -haha... sorry this shows been bothering me the past few weeks and thinking abt it for 3 hrs is wayy better than studying for anatomy... i guess maybe i will fail out of med skool
                            ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

haha wow thats way longer than it looked when i rote it... o well i guess ull all just think im nuts!
                              ... sorry but if anders, tigh, the assistant and whats-her-face are the finals 5... what a poor plot twist!
                              ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseowl777 View Post
                                so we've all probably see contact so the radio signals have gotta be earth sigals, which means soon enough well see gaetadoing the charleston in the c.i.c....

now this show isnt stargate, kara didnt escape the replicator ship via ascension.. if shes back shes a cylon, i mean we did see xena saying wow im sorry i never knew when she looked at the robed 5th cyclon. -- this show has been great bc the only thing scifi abt it is the enemy, the ftl drive and its in space... if all of a sudden they switch from that, its totally jumping the shark...
                                I prefer to think she's of the same ilk as Head!Baltar and Head!Six; we just have no idea. Yet.

numbers play a big role in the show: theres 12 cylon models... 1 for each colony, 7 we know 5 we dont... we know the ones revealed to use #'s are 3,5,6, and an 8... the other 3 they havnt told us their #'s yet i believe..are these numbers significant?... all they show me is that the final 5 are out of order and makes me think why they didnt know the cylons that came before and after them? why havnt the cylons been which is model # 1 or 12?.. perhpas the final 5's model #'s are 1, 2, 10, 11 and 12? 2 orginals that created them all and 3 more hidden in the fleet?
                                I'd just like to point out that Cavil is #2. Nothing else.

---

This episode was awesome. I loved the Lampkin/Lee interaction - and the sight of Lee in a suit. Even though I was nearly entirely spoiled for this episode, I loved it. There was just so much in it and so much development that's been lacking the past far-too-many episodes that I can't help but mourn the fact that I have to wait an extra few days to see the finale.
                                Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X