No announcement yet.

Dirty Hands (316)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really enjoyed this episode. I loved how we got a different look at how the fleet is run than we have before in the past.

Next week's episode should be interesting. To say the least.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Best episode in several weeks to me. I was not falling asleep or changing the channel like I did during the last couple of episodes.
      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

T-minus one hour and 7 minutues for me up here in Alaska...I'll update once Ive seen the show...
        SO SAY WE ALL
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
          Best episode in several weeks to me. I was not falling asleep or changing the channel like I did during the last couple of episodes.
          Same here. Finally good ep, after few very bad ones ... no skipping of any part and i really loved ending with Seelix. Nicely done.

I didn't rewatch BSG ep for some time, but this one will get second viewing.
          How long since we saw at least some ships?
          VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

WOAH....whats up with the "Bonus Scene" from next weeks "Maelstrom" being online already......God...Scifi does tease us.

This was a fabulous ep., however, im predicting that next week will completely undermine this week. (FOR FRAKS SAKE I CANT WAIT!!!)

Comment

I registered and posted this at the SciFi.com forums, just wanted to reiterate it here.

, Tyrol is officially my favorite character (it used to be a tie between him and Tigh) and that Aaron Douglas does an absolutely wonderful job. I am thrilled that the producers decided to make him a more integral part of the show.

Top notch episode, very well done.
              I was so impressed by Douglas' performance that I registered on that forum to post that just in the hope that he reads it. I hope he remains a very important part of the show throughout the series.

Comment

Just finished watching the first run out of two here in alaska time zone...impressions:

GREAT!

I loved seeing the issues of the "crapy" jobs among the fleet adressed. "Black Market" was a good episode, and this one only continued it.

I love how they tied in tyrol's "union" affiliation on new caprica (as a union worker myself lol) onto this show.

This show was slow, non-action...but it adressed problems that many later on would "wonder about" ... like "who refines the tyllium fuel????"

Take it for what it is, im sorry if you are watching week-to-week...but i've just gotten caught up via dvd to this EP. The story and writing (without commercials) is outstanding.

People, realize that things like fuel and ammo need to come from somewhere...and there has to be an episode or two about these issues to calm techno-nerds "later on" in the story-telling.

Watch this all back-to-back once season 3 is out on DVD and tell me im wrong.
                SO SAY WE ALL
                sigpic

Comment

This was a lot better than I had thought it was going to be. It was still a bit of filler, but overall much better than the last few filler eps. It feels a lot like S2 all over again - the slump after the hiatus conclusion and how it picked up again. That makes me glad for the 13-episode season (provided, of course, it remains as such...).

Loved the Baltar backstory. I was also very glad Helo had no moralizing part in this episode. Don't get me wrong, I like the character... but there can be more than one conscience in the entire fleet. Oh, and I would like to reiterate that Adama has balls of frakkin' steel.
                  Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                  sigpic

Comment

Great/Good Episode. It was good to see Cheif as the union prez again, he seemed to enjoy that position on NC.

Baltars voice change was interesting, but did he just learn that to further advance his cause?

Adama went too far by saying he would kill Cally, and possibly Nicky, to protect Galactica. Its not smart to piss off the man that makes sure your raptors, etc fly correctly. This will come to haunt Adama, possibly in the form of Lee getting hurt, badly.

Roslin is making more enemies than friends, I think the power is starting to go to her head.

As for next week, the previews showed the circle thing Starbuck drew more animated and black in the middle. Looked more like a singularity than a supernova.

Comment

If I'd been the Chief, I would have punched Adama right in his wife-threatening face.

That's one thing I love about this show: week to week, one character can go from being the 'hero' to being the 'villain' and back again, because it's all about perspective and situation.

Comment

Best episode in a long long time. This felt so "real" as if you were reading human earth history... kinda creepy actually !!

Comment

in the beginning, the arrogance of adama and roslyn kinda rankled. It's easy to dismiss the 'little guy' when you're not them.

It was kinda like with the doctor a couple of weeks ago. Adama and Co are made a bit out of character to make the plot work.

I do think that it was a good eps, and 1000000 times better than the snoozefest that was the oscars, but some character bits seemed a bit off to me
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            It was kinda like with the doctor a couple of weeks ago. Adama and Co are made a bit out of character to make the plot work.
                            This does happen sometimes, but I didn't feel like that was going on in this case. Roslyn and Adama seemed (to me) to be acting as they normally do, but this time we just didn't necessarily like what they had to say.

Comment

The Doctor thing seemed a little OOC for Roslin & Adama, but this time it seemed more or less on the money.

I'm a bit curious as to what the writers are intending by casting R&A in unfavorable lights. It seems to be happening more often this season, although maybe it's just because two of 'em came so close together to make it seem more significant. Guess we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                                Awsome! I am sooo excited for next week.

As for Roslin, she had a point that parents need to be teaching their children the trades- it's vital. But of course I think Chief was right in the respect that no one should be tied to a job just because their parents had it. The compromises that they reached at the end made a lot of sense.
                                You can watch it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFmT_EX8awY

Comment

Working...
                                X