No announcement yet.

A Day In the Life (315)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's be honest--liquor is the easiest means of drowning one's problems that can be gotten a hold of. Sure I could probably find my way into harder chemicals if I really wanted to, but that's a) more difficult to manage; b) more likely to be found out by people who I wouldn't want to find out; and c) farkin' expensive.

Um, Starbuck, Apollo, and Chief are not nor have they ever been alcoholics. There's nothing too terribly wrong with drinking heavily when something's got you down. Lots of people do it, myself included. The thing is--you stop. You get over things, and don't have the urge to drown your sorrows anymore, because you don't have sorrows anymore. Ellen was no alcoholic either. Just because one enjoys drinking, does not make one an alcoholic. Where on Earth did that perception come from?

The only people we've seen as full-blown alcoholics are Carol-Anne Adama and Saul Tigh.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

This episode was good. I personally like the Chief and Callie, so it was nice getting a glimpse into their lives. I really loved the scenes between Adama and Roslin. For once, the bonus scene at the end of the episode was worth seeing. Sounds like Adama and Roslin's "working" relationship is the talk of Galactica.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
        This episode was good. I personally like the Chief and Callie, so it was nice getting a glimpse into their lives. I really loved the scenes between Adama and Roslin. For once, the bonus scene at the end of the episode was worth seeing. Sounds like Adama and Roslin's "working" relationship is the talk of Galactica.
        I LOVED that scene. It's a shame it didn't make it into the episode; it felt like we got the old Dee back as well. And it was a good Gaeta scene that didn't involve anyone wanting to kill him, or him trying to kill anyone.

Comment

That episode was quite a bore i was checking the timer every 5 mintues or so *yawn* when is this gonna be over?

hopefully next week it will be better heres the Youtube link for the preview of next weeks episode

http://www.youtube.com/p.swf?video_i...aEi3-zwGf_d7Xa

Spoiler:
          Roslin and book burning hmm hopefully its not gonna turn out to be lame like the last few episodes i hope this episode and Maelstrom will be able to pick it up there just to many filler eps BSG would be better off with like 16 or so eps because then theres just to many fillers

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
            Lee was being an ass though when he made that speech as the CAG, although I liked the short bit after with him and Kara - nice!

Thought the episode was a great return to form. The pilots are not in school, they are in the miltary, if they are getting complacent better a kick up the ass from the CAG than one dying to bring them back to reality.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Um, Starbuck, Apollo, and Chief are not nor have they ever been alcoholics.
              Um, I don't recall saying that ANY of them were alcoholics. I said that they used alcohol and that Apollo has "drowned his demons" with drink. Not alcoholic but still, IMO, getting a bit tedious. I'm tired of the whole "OMG, things are so horrible I must have a drink or ten to try and forget about my problems for a while." I don't care if it's "realistic" or not; as with certain other elements of the show I'm starting to get to the saturation point. *shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Let's be honest--liquor is the easiest means of drowning one's problems that can be gotten a hold of. Sure I could probably find my way into harder chemicals if I really wanted to, but that's a) more difficult to manage; b) more likely to be found out by people who I wouldn't want to find out; and c) farkin' expensive.

Um, Starbuck, Apollo, and Chief are not nor have they ever been alcoholics. There's nothing too terribly wrong with drinking heavily when something's got you down. Lots of people do it, myself included.
                I think Starbuck is close to an alcoholic though. Even Kat called her on it in "Scar" when she missed a sortie and a new pilot was killed. When you start missing your work assignments, you have a problem. Starbuck's response was, "At least I know when I'm unfit to fly" - that is someone with a problem.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

well, booze can be made from about anything. maybe they shouold show the fleet's still. it has to have one.

Interesting that they've had baltar in custody almost 2 months...and the fleet still doesn't know?
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Actually it's an episode 15 because somehow here Occupation and Precipice are one ep,while they are two eps.
                    Anyway,it was quite good.We got to know Bill Adama much better,his relationship with Lee.Also the resque operation was quite cool.

Comment

I enjoyed the ep I really like the last one too, I know a lot of people found them boring, but I think I've discovered that my favorite ships are the happily married ones so I thought the tyrols and agathons were cute and I enjoyed the development for them.

I did find the Adama's past stuff boring, tho, and the suspense of Baltar's trial is killing me, just GET IT OVER WITH!

yup now I'm going to pop over to the A/R thread and figure out what in the blazes they were talking about there at the end.

Comment

Can someone help me understand Tigh's comment at the beginning?? He looked at the bed and said his "Happy anniversary" comment. His tone was almost as if he too saw some woman in the bed. Did I miss something??
                        Freedom is Slavery. Spending is Stimulus. Hope is Change

Comment

likely it was a comment on tigh and adama being friends for a long time. thus tigh has seen that adama gets in a funk every anniversary, so knew that he'd be having a rough day
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Will someone explain to me how having this episode seem like a season one episode is a good thing?

This is not season one, and saying that it fealt like season one is a bad thing to me. This is two seasons later and like 2-3 years after the events of season one. To me saying it is like season one makes it seem that the last 2 years we have been watching is a complete waste and that nothing has changed. That's a bad thing.

Comment

I can't understand all those people who are grumbling about the episode. I guess it shows again that women and men perceive things differently, because I sure LOVED the episode! It gave insights into Bill's emotional world, showed us how his relationship with his wife was, it had some nice father and son interaction, the Viper pilots are back and the relationship between Lee and Kara was very similiar to Lee and Kara in the first season. Thank god. Absolutly squeeworth were the scenes between Bill and Laura. Oh how I loved them. I giggled and grinned throughout them. It was so subtext heavy. Beautiful- and those looks they gave each other
                              : sighs happily : I also loved the scene at the end of Kally, the chief and their son. So touching. What I also loved was that the production team got their facts straight regarding exposure in space and loss of pressure.

All I wanted to say basically is that I really liked this episde and it showed that an episode can be beautiful without any action or Cylons

Sidenote: So is Bill finally getting rid of his ring? His wife was terrible and what Lee told his dad about her....why is he so stubbornly clinging to those memories. Does he feel guilty. I also think it is beautful, that it shows that there is now someone out there for him who loves him exactly the way he is Isn't that so, Laura?
                              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                              And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                                I guess it shows again that women and men perceive things differently, because I sure LOVED the episode!
                                Way to overgeneralize. I'm a woman, too (at least I assume you're one, from the name) and I found the episode deadly dull... although I liked the Helocentric one last week. *shrug*

Comment

Working...
                                X