Clear All

Originally posted by daniel9 View Post
    its about to start again. crapfest files is just about over
    Yea that shows not appealing to me at all
    sigpic
    Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Originally posted by dec55 View Post
      Well Sharon has been almost raped,told that she had lost her child for a year.
      Went through deadly radiation clouds,betrayed and fought her own to assist
      the colonials time and time again....and always gets insulted as being a thing.
      Helo also had to endure the lie about his child....see Sharon/Athena get punished from both sides to be with him.

Love that transcends war and conflict has always been a favorite.

Okay, I'll give you that. The incident/almost-rape by the Pegasus officers should never have happened. It's unforgivable, like Cottle said. But those officers were very most likely severely punished after Admiral Cain's death and the instigator was killed for it. And Adama went out of his way to apologize for her when it wasn't even his officers that did it, because it happened on his ship. That was before he was all buddy-buddy with her and thought of her as a person, too.

Most likely, Sharon was chosen for the radiation mission because as a Cylon she would have the most likely chance of coming through in one piece. That's her physiology working against her, not anyone deliberately trying to ice her or put her in danger.

She has the run of the ship, she's a Colonial officer, she is well-liked and trusted by nearly everyone who actually matters. And the one person who is reluctant just happens to be the one who took her baby away from her TO KEEP HER SAFE FROM THE CYLONS AND THE REST OF THE CYLON-HATING FLEET and therefore appears to have no moral leg to stand on.

And even with all that, have we gotten even a modicum of anything resembling regret for what's happened to the Colonies from her? I know she didn't push the button (that honor goes to Baltar and Caprica Six), but until she fell in love with Helo, the plan was to dupe him and get him to get her pregnant, and then let the others on Caprica kill him. I want her to apologize to someone, anyone, for what the Cylons did to the humans and until she does, she has no right to complain that someone might be looking at her all shifty-eyed.

And Helo? Until he owns up to his actions in A Measure of Salvation, he's simply hiding behind Adama's skirts. At least Roslin's sins have been exposed and aired out for everyone to see. Take a page from Roslin's book and own your treasonous actions, you ass!

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
        And the next question is - if a human had stood where Three had stood, would they also have seen the final five or something else entirely?

Maddening, maybe the podcast will give some hints.

I don't think just any human could see the Final Five. According to the hybrid, only the "Chosen One' would be able to see the Five. HeadSix did say that Baltar is the "Chosen One" but unfortunately he was stopped by Chief before he could try it out.

Comment

Occurs to me the discussion volume is kind of low for a new ep... so much for that timeslot change...
          Frak! --Apollo
          Frak you. --Cain
          FRAK Me! --Kat
          frakwit! --Tyrol
          B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

Originally posted by SamanthaMarie88 View Post
            There's a link. From my understanding, the 13th Lord of Kobol is the Cylon God. Back in the day, the 13th Lord set himself above the other 12 and claimed he was the true God. The 13th tribe was shunned for believing it and forsaking the other Gods. They don't even speak the name of that deity anymore, as referenced by Roslin in EOJ when reading the scriptures -- "The One Whose Name Cannot Be...". Like the Biblical Exodus of the Hebrews (monotheists) from Egypt (polytheists), the 13th tribe left Kobol and went to find their new "promised land" -- Earth. Along the way they left "markers" similar to the "stations" of the Biblical Exodus. That's why the Cylons know the scriptures so well, and why they have a different take on it.
            Thanks for that bit of history.

I loved this episode. It was fast moving. I couldn't believe how quickly the hour passed. I'm thrilled that Hera is back with her parents. I can't wait to see what happens when Caprica 6 and Baltar are reunited. Trouble is brewing. I like Chief more and more every episode. I was cheering him on when he hit Baltar. Go Chief! I thought the jumper scene was good. I like Kara, but she really deserved that slap. I am definitely ready to see that quadrangle settled, and I think it will be soon.

I am really curious about the other 5 Cylons. They are trying to imply that Kara is one of them, so that almost guarantees that she is human (IMO). I do think she is some type of prophesied hero. Remember her trip to Caprica after the arrow, and now the drawing pretty much seals the deal. Roslin is in the prophesy as the dying leader, so it makes sense that other members of Galactica fill roles in the prophesy too. My bets for Cylon are Anders or Adama. Chief is a possibility, too. (That would make two members of the next generation.

Comment

Originally posted by takinspace View Post
              Occurs to me the discussion volume is kind of low for a new ep... so much for that timeslot change...
              Work/school tomorrow.

Not really a whole lot to discuss, imo. Good episode yet had it's nitpicks and faults (the ending was rushed and felt off...all three Raptors (one from the planet, the basestar, Kara/Dee) land at the same time? Yeah, I know little stuff like that doesn't impact the show but it did make me notice it.) Not much was revealed. Episode served more as a set-up for the future eps.

I already knew about Three getting boxed. Just didn't know it was in this episode.

About Three seeing the final five.... I wonder if that actually happened. Was that all in her mind...her wanting to see the final 5 so badly that she made herself "see" them or see what she wanted to see. Or did the temple or whatever that place was actually trigger some embedded programming that identified the final 5. Though I guess she wanted to know so badly that she could have triggered whatever embedded knowledge they may have of the identities of the final 5. I don't think that place really had anything to do with her seeing the final 5...at least in the physical sense. I think she either saw what she wanted to see (thus maybe what she saw wasn't real) or finally got past whatever programming block was preventing her from seeing them. So I don't think Baltar would have seen anything if the Chief hadn't interrupted.
              IMO always implied.

Comment

Definitely agree regarding the sheer AWESOMENESS of Chief knocking out Baltar. "Welcome home, Mr. President," indeed. I cheered out loud. Also loved the body bag.

While I am a huge fan of the Lee/Kara ship, it's time to end the soap opera aspect. At least the egregious aspect. Hook them up for good and let it simmer in the background - we do not need more episodes devoted to "teh angst." And Anders should be a Cylon, because that would be funny.

I think BSG's picking back up again. Hooray for finding the way to Earth!
                Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                sigpic

Comment

:lol I think I know what Kara's special destiny is...and who she is......

She might the remnant daughter of a family of the 13th tribe......her parent probably knew where Earth is....

This point reminds me of an episode of the original series when Dirk Benadict's
                  Starbuck found a drawing of Earth on a wall while he was captured in jail.
                  It was drawn by a prisoner that longed passed......

Loved the reuniting of Athena and her daughter.....but a bit suprised to see
                  Galactica Sharon go crazy with jealousy when Hera imediately recognized
                  her real mother....and rages against baby Hera....while Athena pleads for her
                  baby's life.

Caprica 6 also joins forces with Athena/Sharon and kills Galactica Sharon for the escape. Wow! Now Athena defends Caprica 6!

Whats Galactica Sharon gonna do now? What will she tell the other Cylons?

Loved the Athena,Hera and daddy Helo moment.......!!!
                  Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

I don't see why some of you think that this show has really dropped the ball. Even when it has its low points, it's still far better than any other show out there.

What's with all of the "this character causes drama so they need to be killed off" crap? This isn't SG-1 folks. This show isn't about good fighting evil, it's about all of the gray areas between good and evil.

Sounds to me like you all are wanting another, generic SciFi show.

Comment

Wow. Well, I enjoyed this episode. Some thoughts, in no particular order:
                      --the Sam/Kara/Lee/Dee rectangle is annoying the crap out of me. I really haven't liked seeing what's been happening to Sam and Dee. They obviously still love their spouses.
                      --I liked the interaction between Dee and Kara. And I cheered when she slapped her.
                      --the theory that Sam is a cylon is intriguing! Though aren't the cylons supposedly stronger/heartier than humans? Would he have gotten pneumonia while he was on New Caprica?
                      --I find the theory that Tigh is a cylon even more intriguing!
                      --I'm kinda fuzzy on the whole "Chosen One" thing. The hybrid seemed to be talking specifically to Baltar when she kept repeating "the Chosen One." However, she said that the Chosen One would see the Final Five - didn't D'Anna see them?
                      --Interesting to see the confrontation between Boomer and Athena. They're respective journeys have reversed their positions. (Boomer on the basestar and Athena on Galactica.)
                      --Had no idea D'Anna (and all the Threes) were going to get boxed. But hey - she was rockin' the boat on the basestar. Something had to be done!
                      --I should have known that Athena would end up dying to be reunited with Hera. Great scene where she convinces Helo to kill her.
                      --Baltar is back on Galactica. And so is Caprica. Can't wait to see that reunion! And will Caprica tell everyone that all the Threes are being boxed? (I believe she knew it was going to happen.)
                      --
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by StayingOccupied View Post
                        Who would Lucy had killed/hurt in the past which would make her say "i'm sorry" to the one of the final 5 she saw.
                        The only one that makes sense to me is Anders, in the garage that he just blew up. It was established earlier that the Cylon with Baltar in the Temple, was the same number 3 model that was in charge of "rehabilitating" Caprica 6 and the original Boomer, and not D'Anna (although she was called D'Anna throughout this episode by the other Cylons, included another Number 3 model).

Number three certainly assaulted Anders in the garage and intended to do him harm. I don't recall her dealing directly with others in the "main cast".

One contraindication is that Cylons cannot mate among themselves and the widespread rumor is that Kara will find out she's one of the Final Five, too.

Comment

• Athena's resurrection. She had been infected with the "genocidal" Cylon virus. Even with the best antibodies in the world from Hera, some of that virus should still be in her body. She should have served as a "Typhoid Mary" among the Cylons. Her resurrection was the Cylon's nightmare scenario, a transfer agent in their midst. This was exactly the strategy that Helo had prevented when he executed the other infected captured Cylons. Since the infection was clearly airborne, it seems to me that Athena should have either introduced a deadly infection vector among the Cylons, or somehow transmitted an airborne form of her antibodies, rendering the virus a non-threat in the future. On the other hand, since she was on the basestar only a brief time, she doesn't appear to have been able to have time to infect anyone except the Boomer instance. Doc Kottle said the virus was a common, if ancient, variety that the Colonials had developed an immunity to generations ago. It seems reasonable that he would have cultured a sample large enough to make the comparison, so it would still be available as a bioweapon, the use of which is still authorized by Roslyn, if her approval can be taken as open ended.
                          • The nova that exploded is a confusing red herring. Are we supposed to assume that the "current" nova is not the "road sign" but that the nova that exploded 4000 years ago was? If that is the case then why did it cause the visions seen by the Number 3 model? How did the planet escape obliteration from the original nova ? How is it that Galactica has such a good history of novae from 4000 years ago to begin with ? They are supposed to have jumped "way past the red line" since the mini, how can their star charts and histories be that detailed ?
                          • Since the number 3 model did, in fact, see the visions, was she the chosen one and not Baltar, despite the contrary assertion by internal 6 ? I thought the visions were supposed to drive the number 3 model mad, not kill her outright. Her dying words seemed coherent, if brief. She seemed coherent upon resurrection, too. The Cylons might have "outboxed" themselves there.
                          • Was it Caprica 6 that aided and abetted the resurrected Athena ? It appears it must have been that particular individual, since Athena's appeal to her "faith" was strong enough for her to help with the escape plan, even to the point of killing her fellow "war hero", the original Boomer. Seems touching that she also put herself in a position to be reunited with Baltar once again. Won't she face infection when she faces the Colonials that were also exposed to the virus (but didn't suffer because of their "natural" immunity) ?
                          • Even though the Cylons comprise only 7 known models, they have their "main cast" too, just as the Colonials do. Caprica 6 in particular, often seems to be "on the spot" just when she is conveniently needed the most, as she was with the resurrection of Athena. Was she randomly doing her rotation as "resurrection coach" or do the Cylons know ahead of time when a particular individual is downloading ? She would have to make more than a trivial effort to transfer from the Basestar to the Resurrection Ship and back again.
                          • It's good to know, at last, that some of the Cylon models have professional duties. We heard, for the first time, of Cylon doctors, although we might have assumed that some existed earlier (the Simon model on the Farm episode, for example). The only other occupation we've seen before, to my recollection, is the Cylon barista on Old Caprica, a Doral model. It doesn't seem like it would be very challenging to be a Cylon doctor, when there always exists a panacea treatment, namely termination and resurrection. It would be interesting to see the Cylon priests and their places of worship on the warship.
                          • Speaking of the original Boomer. There just wasn't enough back-story on New Caprica to fully justify her total turnaround of loyalties. There must be something more nuanced than "New Caprica proved that humans and Cylons cannot live together". Why didn't her earlier life's experience prove just the opposite? Why couldn't they live in peace separatelly ? Why can't we all just get along?
                          • Why bring Baltar aboard Galactica at all ? The Cylons had all jumped away, why not leave him to the inevitable crisping of the nova ?
                          Last edited by anotherquestion; 22 January 2007, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Three saw Starbuck under the hood (my guess) and pretty much said "oops sorry!"
                            Last edited by KatsDead; 22 January 2007, 12:43 AM.

Comment

huh... all that shipper crap is really annoying. had to fast-forward some parts.
                              Saving Hera was done in unexpected way ... i liked Boomer-Athena scenes, Boomer seems really frakked and jealous ... i think Caprica Six truly believes and all she did was to save the child that is first on new race ...

loved Baltar getting punched and brought back in beg, liked all scenes on Baststar ... what else?

did i mention i am getting really annoyed with all that kara/lee/anders/dee bull?

it was obvious that Eye is nova (at least to me). launching sequence for nukes on Galactica is really LONG

kara/lee/anders/dee are annoying...

just my .02
                              VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

u know i wonder just how long the chief was in the temple b4 he knocked baltar out? exactly how much did he see? when he entered baltar mustve seen him from where baltar was standing or maybehe just ignored him

Comment

Working...
                                X