No announcement yet.

Eye of Jupiter (311)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i too think the eye is that round thing on the wall. they made too much of a point of showing it. and i agree that it's something that will only be visible after teh huge honkin glow of the super nova.

the 'final five'...anyone notice the five sided pedestals in the chamber????

it's either gonna take the five unknown cylons to do something, or five members of the galactica's crew to activate it

and yes, lee/dee/kara/sam is OLD.

i know that people hate dee, but frankly i feel sorry for her. she's getting frakked over by her hubby who lacks the ability to keep it in his pants, even if it's mentally.

gt off your tushie and divorce her already if you're so devoted to kara. and kara, don't go spouting morales and how bad you can't divorce if you'll screw around on your hubby.

right now i think sam and dee should go off on theeir own and leave lee and kara to sulk somewhere
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anotherquestion View Post
      • Once again, let me remark about how worthless the Cylons naming conventions are. How they refer to one another is totally unworkable.
      I agree. The names are for the audience, not for the cylons. The more they call each other names the less "cylon" they are.

• The Athena Sharon model stated explicitly that the Cylons were programmed not to recognize one individual model from another, also in the New Caprica stories.
      She said this about Centurions. There was no statement that the "skin jobs" couldn't tell the difference. In fact, I thought it made sense that they could tell each other apart. You wouldn't need to call each other by name if they could tell who each other was by some "cylon means."
      • What could have motivated her to tell Athena/Sharon about Hera, if not to sow dissention with the one Cylon clearly aligned with the Colonials ? Was it jealousy because she "can't go home again" ?
      You ever have a brother or sister who pissed you off? I think the same relationship exists.
      • When Baltar was building his dubiously valuable "Cylon detector" it was clearly established that BSG had only 6 nukes left. ... This should have left only 5 nukes left for BSG, ... Were the stocks replenished from the Pegasus stores ?
      I thought Adama said they had 5 nukes in season one. Don't forget that when they found Bulldog, the Cylon Detector was functioning again. So that means another nuke had to be taken out of service for the detector. So Adama only has 3 or 4 nukes, depending on how many he started with. I do think it is reasonable to assume Peagasus left her nukes behind before rescuing Galactica.
      • Why do the remaining Cylons have to be named the "Final Five" ? They sound remarkably similar to the endgame of the NCAA basketball tournament. How would a Cylon recognize one of the five if he/she encountered one ? Are the "hybrids" identical in appearance on all the Basestars ? Why don't they count among the 12 models ?
      The lack of creativity here is from the same writers who decided they HAD to start telling the story from the Cylon point of view...
      • Why the growing estrangement between Baltar and Caprica 6 ?
      • Is there a relationship between the "final five" and the "five priests" mentioned in passing in the scriptural reference made by Roslyn ?
      Seems like the story is head that way. At the very least, it is meant to be one of this episode's plot cliff hangers.

Comment

Originally posted by mrtvr4 View Post
        Regularly?

I don't think too many stars do this more then once.
        Actually, there are several types of novas. At least one is known to be periodic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwarf_nova

Such a nova could theoretically be the case here, with a period of several thousand years. This also might explain the lifeforms on the planet, which would have to endure hard radiation periodically.

Comment

lol am i the only one who was chuckling away each time dee was getting mentally hurt in this ep? lol payback for billy!!!!!!!!!! yayyyyyyyy

where is the podcast for this ep?

Comment

Everytime the eye picture on the wall of the temple was shown the very next cut was to the unstable star cluster in space. I think it's a sign that what they are fighting over isn't even on the planet, it's sitting right next to it.

"And when the heavens open...the eye shall be revealed" or something to that effect.

My guess is that the star will have to go nova for a sign to be made visible, possibly in space or in the temple, then they will have to have a quick look and jump away, possibly sacrificing someone in the temple who will relay what they see but won't have time to get back up to the ship to escape the destruction of the planetary system.

D'Anna maybe? Also maybe she wont resurrect for some reason. Hmm..

Comment

ur idea goes out the window seeing as baltar is with D'Anna. and i doubt he'd leaveher there alone

Comment

My problem is there are a few things that don't really make sense to me. For one, why exactly did Kara run off and marry Anders? I thought that they might clear that up in this episode since they didn't in the boxing one but it's still a big fricking mystery to me. Also, the whole cheating is o.k. but marriage is a sacrament thing just made me laugh out loud. Say what? Makes no sense whatsoever. I'm also kind of confused as to how the original Galactica Boomer went from being determined to stay as human as possible and to try to keep the humans from being anihilated to being completely with the Cylons. It seems jarring to me.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Wow, great episode can't wait for 21st of January!
                  I HATE SY-FY

Comment

there is a interesting dilema. the temple of the 5 priests. now since its one temple. and it is supposedly their temple. one must also believe that the 5 believed in only one god. doesnt this contradict the colonies belief in multiple gods?

Comment

Originally posted by daniel9 View Post
                      there is a interesting dilema. the temple of the 5 priests. now since its one temple. and it is supposedly their temple. one must also believe that the 5 believed in only one god. doesnt this contradict the colonies belief in multiple gods?
                      I don't get what you are saying/meaning.

To me..5 priests and one temple doesn't mean anything about a possible belief in just one single god etc....there is just about enough wiggle room there for just about any number of meanings/possiblities.

They can (..and do.) make it up as they go along.

Comment

tbc - the three most hated words EVER

my other half is still ranting about "those *******s!"
                        Things we'd like to see in our favorite scifi...
                        Spoiler:
                        "Ori, meet Wraiths. Wraiths, meet Ori. I'm sure you'll get along famously." ~ any member of SG1.
                        "Priors, meet Cylons. Cylons, Meet Priors. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful theologic discussion." ibid
                        "This is the BattleStar Galactica - please identify yourself."
                        "This is the Earth Vessel Daedelus. Are you lost?"
                        "The WHAT Vessel?" Galactica Actual.

Comment

Im just thinking out loud and i hope i don't need a sopiler tag cause its not really a spoiler, but wasn't it stated that LL was scheduled for 10 of 20 eipsodes? that means she won't be back. but all that could have changed.
                          sigpic
                          Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Originally posted by CMiYC View Post
                            I thought Adama said they had 5 nukes in season one. Don't forget that when they found Bulldog, the Cylon Detector was functioning again. So that means another nuke had to be taken out of service for the detector. So Adama only has 3 or 4 nukes, depending on how many he started with. I do think it is reasonable to assume Peagasus left her nukes behind before rescuing Galactica.
                            I remember Doc Coddle said they compaired this DNA Now to what they had on file and it was a match. I assume once baltar went rogue they would have more than likley destroyed all those research materials.
                            sigpic
                            Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha17X View Post
                              The one who cannot be named? Maybe they're gradually heading towards a new spin on Count Ibilis.
                              The one who can't be named has parallels in many religions. Yahweh and Jehovah are all "substitute" ways of referring to the Old Testament deity that transcended a human name. You can see interesting and lengthy discussions about Yahweh in the Wikipedia and the Catholic Encyclopedia web sites, among many others. Some traditions hold that pronouncing the true name of God was an intrinsic blasphemy resulting in death to the brazen speaker.

In short there are many of the typical resonances of the BSG scripture with other Earthly creeds and traditions that leave many possible interpretations and constructs that the writers may take in the future.

Comment

Way to end the episode though. I am really looking forward to the next one.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X