No announcement yet.

The Passage (310)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just didn't like her attitude. Although for what it's worth, I don't much like Starbuck or her attitude, either.

As for the surrogate daughter thing, that was also very left field. When have we EVER seen anything to suggest something like that? Unless it's in the general "all my pilots are like sons and daughters" thing.

Comment

was kat already dying before she went on her last mission and saved the ship?

Comment

Originally posted by Furlings187 View Post
        I'm not sure. My attention wandered during the gratuitous sex scene or whatever it was supposed to be. Dunno if she was trying to snag a white badge so she could go again or if the recuperation time gave her (and the others) the all-clear.

Comment

Thank You, thank you, thank you!!!
          They finally killed Kat.
          sigpic

Comment

Baltar is still a pimp! Three-ways with Six and Three? When does Gauis get any rest? The man is tagging them both. And, he has Three so "tricked out" that HE is manipulating HER mind.

Comment

who cant gaius manipuliate ever one is under his control.

Comment

RIP Kat, took some guts to go out the way you did, and thats one less good pilot. Sucks that it happened but people die.

Loving the Baseship scenes, that plot is getting better and better and looks to set-up a really awesome cliff-hanger next episode. I can't wait to see where this path leads Baltar, the Cylons, and humanity.

why do they feel as though they have to kill off characters just to get people to watch? just write better episodes!
                Uhhhhh, I don't think they killed Kat for better ratings....they didn't even hint that a character was gonna die in the previews, so I don't really understand where you are coming from with that.

The whole soap-opera angle the show has taken is really infuriating. I'm debating no longer watching if this goes on...
                This angle has been around since the beginning of the show, and its all part of drama, which is what the show is about
                "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

Good episode, not the best, but good. I knew how it was going to end the minute they started giving us her backstory, but they stayed true to form and made it one heck of a way to go.
                  Spoiler:
                  Kat's death seemed like a further attempt at redeeming Starbuck to me, but I didn't actually like her character much until tonight so no big deal. I may be in the minority, but I liked that Starbuck confronted Kat but didn't punch her or immediately rat her out to Adama. She gave her a chance to tell him herself then chose to keep the secret in the end. I think Starbuck finally began to understand why Kat acted the way she did and was genuinely moved by her heroism at the end. Let's face it Starbuck isn't that great with words. She knew Kat wasn't going to make it, so she offered her away out of the pain. Right or wrong, it was meant to be a thoughtful gesture.

I do think the sex scene was about Kat stealing a new radiation badge. She wanted to redeem herself for losing the ship and for her past life. She knew she was dying, because her badge had gone completely black. She wanted to go out a hero, and she suceeded. I loved the moment when everyone (including Starbuck) applauded her as she left her raptor.

Now, the daughter comment did seem pretty left field to me, but the writers can get away with it since a whole year was skipped. We are supposed to believe that Kat took Starbuck's place as Adama's surrogate daughter. Now that she is dead, I bet we see Adama warming up to Starbuck again. This wasn't really a Kat episode so much as a redempiton episode for Starbuck...like two weeks ago was Tigh's redemption (the conversation between Adama and Tigh over that black ops mission gone bad).

Warning to actors applying for parts on BSG: If you are a secondary character and you suddenly get a backstory episode or suddenly become likeable then you're dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Furlings187 View Post

Pretty much so. When your hair start falling out like that, you got some major radiation poisioning right there..

Comment

Whoah. Took me by surprise. Kat was loved. Watched it twice.

I know the actress; not well, but got to be on a first name basis.

We met about 4 years ago. She was working at Buffalo in Vancouver, doing bit parts. About a year later, we (and a large group of friends) were in Vegas having the time of our lives. She had just finished shooting her first pilot, zipped up from LA, but was in the dumps over it not being picked up.

I was rooting for her. It seemed she had - at least from my perspective - the role of a lifetime.

Okay, I admit it. I really wanted Kat to live.

We had not spoken for nearly 2 years now. You know how it is, friends shift (she was dating a buddy at the time), and people move on. Still, I wanted this (her role) to go on.

Wow. Still quite blown away. This episode really hit home.

Tech Junkie -

Hey "Luch" - if you read this... Awesome job girl. You had me in tears.

"Dave"

pps - yeah, I know "Luch" isn't dead... I was so impressed by her. You KNOW she'll get picked up for another series.
                      Last edited by techjunkie; 09 December 2006, 12:59 AM. Reason: cause I such at grammar

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
                      "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Comment

IMO, really great ep and stage for prolly mind blowing one next week.
                        Seems like Exodus again.

Starvation/Paper joke between Tigh and Adama really got me...
                        great character moments.

Baltar did no Cylon ever did before... have you seen look on Three's face when he touched the hybrid and hybrid spoke to him? And hybrid told him where to go... damn twist... "we thought it only speaks rubbish".."no, it doesn't"...
                        Three asking ... "are our gods and theirs same?"
                        (ok, this aren't real quoetes)
                        They also mentioned Hera.. so that plotline isn't forgotten as some feared.

i think that whole scene set stage for the rest of season... if you watch it carefully i think you'll see... RDM sneaked alot of things in that one...
                        VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Good riddance. I never liked that character.

Good ep, though. Wonder what the population total is going to be next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Maj.Tahn View Post
                            I think Kara of ALL people is a two-faced hypocrite for trying to pass judgment on her.
                            Kara is a great character for just that reason.

excellent episode

We are supposed to believe that Kat took Starbuck's place as Adama's surrogate daughter. Now that she is dead, I bet we see Adama warming up to Starbuck again.
                            I dont think thats the case. Adama never had daughters, and all the female pilots are the kind of women he would like the daughters he never had to grow up to be.

Comment

Havn't seen the ep yet. I'm going to watch it tonight though hopefully. The way I see it from how i've heard it is that this was a great way for Kat to end. I thought she was a great character and I strrugle to see why people didn't like her. She was just a mini-starbuck. As for the whole relationship with Adama, she was the CAG and that would mean spending a lot of time with Adama and since kat had a bit of Starbuck about her then it makes sense that Adama would grow to like her.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Would someone help me out here?

I'be just been watching THE PASSAGE now, and saw the scene with Zena () and Baltar talking next to the Cylon Hybrid.

Why the sudden switch to using the name "Jupiter" in place of "Zeus" when talking about Hera's consort?

"Jupiter" was the Roman version of the Greek god Zeus, but Hera was the Greek version of his wife. The Roman version of her was "Juno".

Who wrote this script? And why the sudden switch to "Jupiter"? So far they've only used the name "Zeus"!

Also, what did they mean by "their gods" and "our gods"? Was Zena talking about the humans when she said "their"? If so, then who was the "our" or "us"? Gods? The Cylons only have one. (Or did she say "our GOD" and I misunderstood?)

Comment

Working...
                                X