Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NubianQueen View Post
    Spoiler:

This torn me up. I love Dualla. Lee/Kara can get shot out of the air lock for all I care.

Bittersweet Ending.

NQ

I love me some Dualla too. And can someone please tell when she two-timed Billy. I must've missed that ep. Because they never showed them together until after they broke up.

Comment

Originally posted by DaniGurl View Post
      I love the whole humanity too thing but I don't think Dee had to let Billy know anything. And if you're breakign you don't tell them you're about to date someone else. Who does that? If anyone here has broken up with A then told them they are going to date B please discuss. Cuz I'm not brave like that. lol She didn't date Lee til after she broke up with Billy. Everyone's mad that Billy died. If Billy didn't die and say hooked up with Kat everyone would be aight.

The point here is that Billy died unhappy and it's Dualla's fault.
      Had he died smiling there wouldn't be such a fuss.

But it doesn't change anything at the fact that when you don't love someone anymore, you don't stay with them 'til you're sure the other person you have a crush on reciprocate. That's what Dee did and... Well, even if I found her look really heartbreaking, I couldn't help but think about the way she dumped Billy over Lee.
      It's okay, I mean these things happen all the time, and I'm really sorry for her but... she'll get over it. As we all do.

By the way I loved this episode. It got me all emotionnal.

Comment

I thought this episode was okay.

Apollo and Starbuck deserve each other. They're so frakked up the both of them that only someone who's been where they have can understand them. They bring misery on anyone they touch, so why not on someone who really deserves it?

I admit Dee treated Billy badly. He was essentially the inexperienced kid in love with an older, more experienced woman who was between relationships and didn't really know what she wanted. However, that doesn't justify Lee's treatment of her. She may have had her blinkers on when she married him, but if she has any sense she'll dump him so fast he won't know what hit him. Maybe she and Anders could find some happiness together...
        sigpic

Comment

Uh ? I don"t think Dualla is older than Billy, they seemed as young and unexperimented...

And I don't see Anders going after Dualla after having been married to Starbuck... The man seems to enjoy challenge...

Comment

Sorry for my english, it's not my first language...

I liked this epi a lot. (9/10)
            The relationship between the characters are great and the reason that compelled me to this show. I'm not a K/L shipper or whatever with them both. BUT I found their moments strong and credible.
            I loved Starbuck a lot, a little less since the begining of season 3.

Now, it's true, I'm expecting other kind of relationship, and space battles and clue towards Earth...

As for Adama and Roslin, It's perfect!

I agree with a lot of you, the best moment was the "ding!"+ Adama's punch!

Otherwise, I don't see this episode as a filler or stand-alone, but as an Adama introspection arc.

In season 1, he was aloof, stoïc, impassible and the moments when he displayed his emotions were rare.
            Then, he was shot and lived a near death experience. He was a changed man with his emotions at the surface, more difficult to control, he was softer and less efficient.

That lead him and his crew to drop their guard, and they felt they failed to protect the Fleet (Partially, because the Cylons are playing them ).

Since the start of the season 3, Adama grow to believe NC as a personnal failure and feel more and more guiltry ( until Hero) and he starts to think (to see) it's because he was too close, softer with his crew.

So, he will find a balance between these two Adamas finally. We will see.

What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by The wicked Witch View Post
              Uh ? I don"t think Dualla is older than Billy, they seemed as young and unexperimented...

And I don't see Anders going after Dualla after having been married to Starbuck... The man seems to enjoy challenge...
              That's a fair point. They're not far apart age-wise, but somehow Dualla seems less innocent than Billy does.

Far too many people go for partners who are totally unsuitable for them.

Both Kara and Lee are so messed up that they'd probably be best off alone. Anyone stupid enough to enter into a relationship with either will end up miserable for as long as they stay in the relationship. That's the only reason why I think having a proper relationship between Lee and Kara would be a good thing; they could make each other miserable. They're a lot like Ellen and Tigh; both brought out the worst in each other (Ellen drove Tigh to drink, while she was willing to do literally anything to get him out of trouble, even if it meant selling out to the enemy and the potential death of hundreds of people). I frankly can't see anything good coming out of a Lee/Kara relationship, except that they'd be out of the game and wouldn't make anyone else miserable.
              sigpic

Comment

I love the whole humanity too thing but I don't think Dee had to let Billy know anything. And if you're breakign you don't tell them you're about to date someone else. Who does that? If anyone here has broken up with A then told them they are going to date B please discuss. Cuz I'm not brave like that. lol She didn't date Lee til after she broke up with Billy. Everyone's mad that Billy died. If Billy didn't die and say hooked up with Kat everyone would be aight.
                Amen. People are willing to forgive Lee and Kara their trangressions because they're "only human" and they both behaved far worse than Dee. Far worse. Like I said, at least Dee had the common decency to turn down the proposal of marriage to someone she didn't love. This hatred of her stems from her standing in the way of Lee and Kara's "true love." Of course Lee and Kara's true love is dysfunctional and abusive. They've got no rooting value. Let them have each other. They deserve to make each other miserable for the rest of their lives. Unfinished Business pretty much destroyed both characters.

Comment

And everyone's forgetting that she was engaged to his brother. Now if that ain't a double heaping of fall off the plate sloppy seconds I don't know what is. I know Zack is dead but ewwww!

Comment

Originally posted by DaniGurl View Post
                    And everyone's forgetting that she was engaged to his brother. Now if that ain't a double heaping of fall off the plate sloppy seconds I don't know what is. I know Zack is dead but ewwww!
                    I think everybody's got that in mind, but the guy's been dead for years...
                    There's already been enough struggle around Zak in the first season... Thing is Starbuck and Apollo were meant for this since the beginning. I don't know who on Galactica didn't notice (apparently Adama didn't though). Dee knew it probably more than anyone. She spied on them, she knew Lee was a mess when she started running after him. All the way long, she knew Kara was a threat... That's why the minute she sees her talking to Lee she knows what's going to happen.
                    She thought she could change him, make him forget Kara. But this never works. Never. You can't change people. That's pure illusion.

Comment

I liked this episode. It felt a little soap opera-esq but BSG can do that at times and I don't think theres anything wrong with it, since the main goal of the show is the stories of the characters and the choices they've made and have to make, so in that sense this episode fit in perfectly. The boxing was good stuff, like Roslin, I "always enjoy a good fight." And Starbuck/Lee fight was a long time coming and good to see them let it all out until they emptied their hatred and contempt of eachother and all they had left were their true feelings. Too bad for Dee and Anders, I never hated both the way some people do, never had much of a problem with their actions, and it sucks whats happened to them, but everyone could see chemistry between Lee and Kara and it had to come together sometime.

One complaint I do have is that I think there were just a few too many flashbacks, specifically during the Lee/Kara fight. I wanted more fighting, less reminiscing

Oh yea, let me be the first to call Gaeta/Dee (the ultimate CIC couple). It's just a feeling I have.
                      "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

Yeah but... isn't Gaeta gay ?

Kidding, I'd love to see poor Felix getting some comfort from a sweetheart...

Hey, on his podcast, RDM said that in earliers drifts, Gaeta was supposed to fight Sharon on the ring ! How fun would that be ?!

Comment

Originally posted by The wicked Witch View Post
                          Yeah but... isn't Gaeta gay ?

Kidding, I'd love to see poor Felix getting some comfort from a sweetheart...

Hey, on his podcast, RDM said that in earliers drifts, Gaeta was supposed to fight Sharon on the ring ! How fun would that be ?!
                          That would've been a good fight to see. One thing I felt was needed in the ep was more content and more fighting. She'd kick his ass though, hardly fair Cylon vs. Gaeta.

Comment

Originally posted by lutin View Post
                            So, he will find a balance between these two Adamas finally. We will see.

What do you think?
                            I doubt that would happen. Because, you know, that would healthy behavior, and gods forbid any of our characters act in a mature and/or emotionally healthy manner.

Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                            I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                            What have these years left to me?
                            Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Now I understand David Eicks Video Blog where he said you should watch Rocky II or something like that.

All in all I'd say it was a filler episode. Again about losing the edge and settling old bill(y)s. It's getting a little too much a soap opera but on the other side - hey, those are problems we all must deal with everyday. Fight it out - hmm, I don't know about that especially when it comes to boy vs. girl - I say it's the path to the dark side.

Question: Who is running the galactica while they all watch / conduct the boxing fights? I mean it's
                              the Admiral, XO, the chief, the CAG, the president, Lee, Dee, Tigh, the Doc - forgot anyone important?!? If Adama is arguing about letting men off of duty why allow them to be all in there together at once?
                              Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin View Post
                                People are willing to forgive Lee and Kara their trangressions because they're "only human" and they both behaved far worse than Dee. Far worse. Like I said, at least Dee had the common decency to turn down the proposal of marriage to someone she didn't love.
                                I like all these characters and don't think any of them are unredeemable. They are pretty messed up, but that's what makes them interesting to me. I still think that this characterization of what Dee did is pretty selective, though. It's not like Billy came to her out of the blue and proposed. They were mutually in a relationship for a very long time. She should have known that Billy was serious about her, and she let the relationship continue as she tried to determine whether Lee would reciprocate the feelings she was starting to have for him. As soon as she started to have pangs of love for Lee she should have broken up with Billy. She would not have to tell him it was because of someone else, but simply because her feelings for him were not serious, and that he deserved better. But, she led him on. Wasn't there one scene where Lee wouldn't answer her question about a possible relationship and then when Billy came in she went and kissed him, just so that Lee would see?

Regardless of how messed up Lee and Kara were to do what they did, it is still a bit of just desserts that Dee is now in the position she put Billy in.

Let's not forget that Kara underwent months of hell with Loeben after this happened, and I'm guessing that she will have alot of suffering still to come. Nobody gets off easy on this show. There are always repercussions.

Comment

Working...
                                X