Unfinished Business (309)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy View Post
    I feel bad for Anders as well...because I have been that guy, and I know where he's going to end up.
    If he was a less likeable person I suppose it would have been easier to write him off as the obligatory plot device/relationship herring but the guy is fundamentally a really decent human being. He's been so badly used in all of this.

Roslin-Adama must not happen, because it doesn't need to happen. In fact making them a couple would completely cheapen their whole relationship. They are mature professional partners with great respect for one another; isn't that enough? Do they HAVE to be romantic partners too? I say NAY!
    I don't see it happening anytime soon. While Roslin was a civllian, it did open up some possibilities but now that she's back in the saddle, I don't think they can go there. I certainly don't see Adama going there after berating his crew with the boxing object lesson.

Originally posted by donniepw View Post

Kinda felt bad for Dee, but then again I kind of regard Dee as an Adama groupie. I have come to really dislike Starbucks character since season 2. Seeing how she did Lee hasn't given me any reason to change my mind. What was she so mad about anyway? She is the one who ran off on Lee. Lee may have a thing for Kara and dee may be "sloppy seconds" but somehow I don't see Lee leaving Dee. Maybe Kara knew it as well which is why she did what she did. Though Dee may in time get tired of being second place.

I know I am way in the minority on this but I would have loved to see Kat kick Starbucks butt. In my humble opinion any time Kara Thrace gets a punch in the mouth she has it comming.
    This aspect of the episode confirmed my suspicions that while Lee liked Dee on a certain level, his devotion to her was largely perfunctory. When he garbled on in an earlier episode about being proud to be married to her and kissing her in gratitude, one could feel that he was holding back. It's was an "eeeuuuuwww" moment.
    I'm more convinced than ever that Jamie Bamber played the Lee/Dee angle with a calculated lack of intensity and passion.

As I've said before, I hate boxing and the way it glorifies violence. But after seeing Lee's face when he hears that Kara has done the dirty on him, I also thought that Kara definitely got what she deserved.

I'm a little worried about how they've handled her character this past season. She's turning from being a spunky female lead into a raging suicidal prat.
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

What Dee did to Billy? You mean have the common decency not to accept his marriage proposal when she was in love with someone else? That's more than I can say for Kara and Lee. Dee and Anders are the decent ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin View Post
        What Dee did to Billy? You mean have the common decency not to accept his marriage proposal when she was in love with someone else? That's more than I can say for Kara and Lee. Dee and Anders are the decent ones.
        Going slightly off topic for a second to answer that question...she did more than just not accept his proposal. She didn't let him know she was seeing someone else, too. That is what upset so many people. Honestly, she hasn't done anything any worse than any of the other characters, but since Billy died saving her life it made her look pretty bad. Don't worry though, after Friday's episode she'll be heartbroken but she'll probably come out looking much better than Lee or Kara over this one. All of the main characters have gone through periods where their humanity made us (or me any way) dislike them. That is one of the wonderful things about this show. No one is completely heroic, and Dee's fall from grace unfortunately coincided with Billy's death making her return more difficult.

Back on topic, I really can't get over how good it was to see Tigh back in form again. I nearly teared up at the sight of Ellen (who I used to hate) in the flashbacks. I thought I wanted him to stay kindof on the dark side for awhile, but it was good to see him and Adama talking in the ring. I also loved that we didn't see what the Cylons were doing in this episode. I love them, but sometimes the show just needs to be about the inner conflicts of the humans.

Comment

The Adama punch that was probably the coolest moment in the episode

Next weeks episode WILL be plot building yay!
          Spoiler:
          Galactica finds a swampy planet with a device called the Eye of Jupiter on it, this device when activated will point the way to earth, only problem is that the Cylons also know of this world. Cylons demand Galactica to retreat from the planet and they won't be hurt. Adama demands the Cylons to stay away or he'll launch a nuke and blow up the Eye. The cylons force a confrontation resulting Adama being forced to destroy the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by affajarefromchulac View Post
            What I don't get is that half the crew is beating the heck out of each other and the other half is drunk.
            I read on another forum that you can see Tigh in the background taking a swig between fights. Anyone else see that? Heh, a one-eyed referee and drunk to boot.

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
            I don't see it happening anytime soon. While Roslin was a civllian, it did open up some possibilities but now that she's back in the saddle, I don't think they can go there. I certainly don't see Adama going there after berating his crew with the boxing object lesson.
            Good point, it would make sense that Adama might distance himself from Roslin after making a big speech about how he was getting too close to his crew. Plus after the speech they called each other "madam president" and "admiral" instead of the "Laura" and "Bill" back on NC. I imagine things are back to pre-NC status, at least until Moore decides to dip his toe back in or Olmos decides to do something unscripted.

I'm a little worried about how they've handled her character this past season. She's turning from being a spunky female lead into a raging suicidal prat.
            I agree. Moore is obviously a big Starbuck fan, so I like to think that he knows where he's going with her. I want to start liking her again.

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin View Post

I agree it was the decent thing to do in not accepting his proposal if seh wasn't in love with him. What I think really upsets people about her character is that she allowed Billy to think things were serious enough between them for him to propose when she had been secretly seeing Lee for a while. Basically she was two timing Billy.
              Teal'c "I killed you"
              Daniel "Why?"
              Teal'c "You were a Go'uld spy"
              Daniel "a good reason"

Comment

Originally posted by donniepw View Post
                I agree it was the decent thing to do in not accepting his proposal if seh wasn't in love with him. What I think really upsets people about her character is that she allowed Billy to think things were serious enough between them for him to propose when she had been secretly seeing Lee for a while. Basically she was two timing Billy.
                yes evil *****, all those jealous knife stares at Starbuck please... you know what you were getting yourself into theres really only one woman Lee loves like REALLY loves and thats Kara.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                  Okay...I think I'm ready now.

This ep was filler. Shippy, shippy filler. Yay and all for the NC flashbacks (though I think they would have fit better earlier in the season) and the episode sure moved quickly, but in the end...filler. Actually, I think it was the weakest ep of the season so far. Some of the other eps may have felt too cut and dry (MoS, Hero), but at least they weren't as ridden with cliches and shippy awkwardness as this boxing fiasco.

-I've moved from neutral about Lee/Kara to dislike and I've become more negative about both characters (Kara especially, and I was such a Starbuck fan earlier). Blah blah blah, emo looks, frakking while they were both seeing someone else and then Starbuck fleeing in the morning (shocking, really ), Apollo is all sad and runs to Dee, blah blah blah. Kara is using Anders, Lee is using Dee, blech. Having them fight at the end and come away forgiving each other is quite the cliche. Having them hug each other while Dee and Anders looked on was downright uncomfortable.
                  Spoiler:

This torn me up. I love Dualla. Lee/Kara can get shot out of the air lock for all I care.

Bittersweet Ending.

NQ
                  Valent: Renee Elise Goldsberry/Evangeline Williamson Fansite
                  Spoiler:
                  by Sheylafan87

Comment

I think that the writers knew what they were going to do in "Unfinished Business" when they wrote the story about Lee, Dee, and Billy. Dee was really cold to Billy. She set her sites on Lee while still deeply involved with Billy, but had no intention of telling Billy that she was in love with Lee until she knew Lee was going to reciprocate. She was very calculating. She led him on, and I think the writers want us to think she is getting her just desserts in this episode, feeling just what Billy must have felt.

So Kara and Lee messed around on Dee and Anders, but it wasn't calculated or planned. They got high and it happened spontaneously. They are not angels, they are very complex and messed up, but at least they didn't scheme to hurt Anders and Dee.

I don't think that Kara and Lee are going to pursue a relationship at this point, but I don't know how Dee and Anders could remain with them after this. They would have to be in big denial to ignore the undercurrent between Lee and Kara.

Comment

Originally posted by sleuth View Post

I don't think that Kara and Lee are going to pursue a relationship at this point, but I don't know how Dee and Anders could remain with them after this. They would have to be in big denial to ignore the undercurrent between Lee and Kara.
                      Oh, I think they are well aware of it... as did everyone else who was watching the match which is why they left the room. It was a strange, oddly intimate moment.

And also it depends entirely on how desperate or thick-skinned Dee is really about clinging on to and maintaining the Adama family line.

I still think the TPTB handled the whole Lee and Dee angle very badly. Disappointing really for a show that does most things very well. As a red herring it was horrendously transparent and did nothing for the characters in question. While I can see why Kara went for Anders, I still don't know why Lee went for Dee in the first place, apart from providing sexual favours gratis. Well, one has to consider the fact that it came hot on the heels of Black Market.
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                        I still think the TPTB handled the whole Lee and Dee angle very badly. Disappointing really for a show that does most things very well. As a red herring it was horrendously transparent and did nothing for the characters in question. While I can see why Kara went for Anders, I still don't know why Lee went for Dee in the first place, apart from providing sexual favours gratis.
                        I think RDM mentioned that much in the podcast for this ep.

Comment

Apparently I'm the only one that thought this episode sucked.
                          BSG is starting to feel more and more like a soap opera. I can't remember the last time the plot progressed.

I feel like I lost an hour of my life that I'll never get back.

Comment

Originally posted by Vuronev View Post
                            I've never liked Chief/Cally and hate how the writers just dropped Boomer from Chief's life on NC. Given how human Boomer felt and how she felt for Chief I found it hard to believe she wouldn't have sought him out like 6 did Baltar (granted she had official reasons to do so). Chief/Boomer was interesting, Chief/Cally is like Chief and filler.

Finally someone else who doesn't like Chief/Cally! Thank God! It just seems so wrong. One there's not chemistry between them. Two she looks like his friggin daughter. Blech! I thought that she would've looked for him as well. I still think he should've had feelings for her. I know they said his grieving was cut out but still she died in his arms it wasn't like they broke up.

I feel sorry for D but still can't wait to see more Kara/Lee development. I still can't get past how she treated billy and really wish he was still around.

Can't wait for more!
                            I don't think what Dee did was so wrong. Yup she was with Billy but she broke up with him because she didn't love him enough to marry him. So I guess she should've married Billy then it would have been okay for him to be killed protecting her then she could've hooked up with Lee for some survivor's guilt- ridden sex.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Snow View Post
                              I do agree, however, with whoever wondered why it was a good idea for the crew to incapacitate each other in an organized fashion. Why?
                              Well having been on a 6 month deployment before I could understand him wanting them to vent. You're stuck on that ship until who knows. You're stuck with people you probably couldn't stand before the war and the possibilty of imminent death doesn't make it any better. At least they get to beat each others azz in the ring instead of choking them in the berthing and then letting them outta of an airlock.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                                Going slightly off topic for a second to answer that question...she did more than just not accept his proposal. She didn't let him know she was seeing someone else, too. That is what upset so many people. Honestly, she hasn't done anything any worse than any of the other characters, but since Billy died saving her life it made her look pretty bad. Don't worry though, after Friday's episode she'll be heartbroken but she'll probably come out looking much better than Lee or Kara over this one. All of the main characters have gone through periods where their humanity made us (or me any way) dislike them. That is one of the wonderful things about this show. No one is completely heroic, and Dee's fall from grace unfortunately coincided with Billy's death making her return more difficult.
                                I love the whole humanity too thing but I don't think Dee had to let Billy know anything. And if you're breakign you don't tell them you're about to date someone else. Who does that? If anyone here has broken up with A then told them they are going to date B please discuss. Cuz I'm not brave like that. lol She didn't date Lee til after she broke up with Billy. Everyone's mad that Billy died. If Billy didn't die and say hooked up with Kat everyone would be aight.

Comment

Working...
                                X