No announcement yet.

Hero (308)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if the Admiralty purposely leaked Bulldog's mission to the Cylons? That would be a quick and dirty way to get the Cylon forces to reveal themselves, and thus providde evidence to show the Adar adminstration that the Cylons were re-arming? Or maybe a 2nd stealth ship to destroy Bulldog's?

That would explain how the cylons knew he was there, and jumped in and out so quickly, and got a shot off.

I doubt even Six would have known about the mission from the defense mainframe, b/c obviously the mission was kept off the books for plausible deniability.

But why not just send in a stealth drone?

Comment

This whole ep felt like filler, especially with the cut and dry introduction of Bulldog only to ship him off at the end of the ep. Damn, if we don't see him again I'm going to be mighty disappointed. He's a pilot right, couldn't they use more good pilots? And I don't really understand what happened with Bulldog, did the cylons really let him go just on the theory that he would be so mad at Adama that he would try to kill him? Beacause that's one hell of a risky theory. And what's with the cylons specifically targetting Adama? Granted, he's the leader of the fleet, but is there something else special about him?

Many have commented on the possible screwup with the Bulldog flashback timeline. Adama's service on the Valkeryie was only 3 years ago? That seems awfully recent. Anytime TPTB start delving into the past of the series I always worry that they're going to get over their heads with retconning. (Was this retconning though or did Moore plan this little nugget from the start?) Still, the idea that the colonies weren't completely innocent and had a hand in the cylon nuke attack was quite shocking yet upon reflection not really surprising. And that revelation goes a long way toward explaining Adama's guilt over the past seasons and his "do we deserve to survive" mentality. Well played overall.

Not really sure what to think about the basestar plotline. Sure, there was the OMG3SOME!!11!! reaction, though I'm not really sure if that Six was real or mind!Six. And then that made me think that Baltar was sleeping with Three while projecting about mind!Six, what a mess that would be. Three's vision was confusing, she wanted to kill herself to see something? Was it the vision where she was in the theater that Baltar and Six were in back on Kobol? What does that mean? Is she getting closer to the cylon god? I'm hoping that they continue this later, it was maddeningly frustrating with just this little snippet.

Nice scene with Adama confessing to Apollo, especially because it was sans flipout from the latter. Does this mean their relationship is getting better?

Ha, the whole time Roslin was planning for Adama's medal, I was thinking "Yeah whatever, you just want to give him another award because you got a smooch for the last one." And she totally kicked ass for whipping him back into shape and absolving his guilt. Damn, can we have more A/R scenes please? I was really spoiled with all their scenes last season.

Looks like Tigh is making steps toward redemption this ep and maybe he needed the presence of likeminded crap-happened-I-need-revenge Bulldog to snap him back to duty. His empty eye is quite creepy, but I really liked how he was using his cig to determine his field of vision ("I see it" X infinity). Still, I found it odd that Tigh would betray Adama by telling everything to Bulldog, unless we're supposed to assume that their relationship is that bad.

I swear, I thought I saw Adama say "bull****" to Bulldog during their first meeting but it was dubbed out. Yes? No?

Next ep it looks like we may get NC flashbacks and some strained relationships may get examined/resolved. The context could be handled really well or really poorly

Comment

Interesting. I thought this episode was very good, most others who have posted disagree. Obvoiusly different people take different things from the same episode. I found the Bulldog incident as rivetting as when Kara faces up to the Adamas about Zak in season 1.

The cylon ordering the centurion to kill her, then cover up the evidence might play itself out later on. After all, that means that one skinjob can commit murder on another, by using a centurion, and erase the "evidence". Theoretically, Athena could find herself nearby some centurions somewhere, then go on a rampage on a basestar or something. It would be amusing to watch two skinjobs attempting to wrest control over a centurion to get it to kill the other.

Comment

Tigh got a proper eye patch YAY! (though when we saw him without the eye patch was kinda eww...)

nice Character development and nothing to realy complain about except some timeline screw ups >_>

Comment

I did think Adama said bull****. Sounded like sci-fi dumped that, don't know why though, comedy central had a southpark episode that said sh1t like 300 times in primetime.

Podcast still isn't up on sci-fi's site, interested to know how RDM explains the contitnutiy timeline in this episode.

Comment

Guys they are running it straight through. There will be no haitus.

Thirteen episodes remain in the show's third season, which SCI FI is airing straight through without rerun breaks. Galactica is one of the network's most important -- and most expensive -- original shows.
              http://www.gateworld.net/galactica/n...or_ibsgi.shtml
              Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Only problem I had with this episode was the timeline issues... 3 years? Doesn't' seem very likely. Yeah, it didn't advance the plot too much but I wouldn't call it filler, it was a good stand-alone episode, like "The Captains Hand" of last season.

A lot of good acting between Tigh, Adama and Bulldog. Some good back story, was an interesting episode.

8/10
                We're whalers on the moon,
                We carry a harpoon.
                But there ain't no whales
                So we tell tall tales
                And sing our whaling tune.

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons View Post
                  It looked like next weeks is supposed to be the long awaited flashback ep? Where we learn about the year on New Caprica? (thought I saw some New Cap clips in there)
                  Yes, the next episode is when we learn why Kara and Lee are so far apart these days.

Also, Baltar, #6, and D'yana's story seems to be going nowhere at all. All they wanted to do with those chracaters was have them have a threesome to show some more partial nudity
                  I don't think it was just for the OMGNEKKED factor, it's showing that Baltar has managed not only to convince the cylons aboard the baseship that he is innocent of the whole virus issue, but also that he has gained even further trust and feelings from two of the main Cylon models aboard the ship. And the Six in bed with him and Three was not a projection of his mind, that was the Six we usually see onboard the baseship with the blackdress and everything, plus there was a scene between her and Three later on and you can tell they were both the ones who slept with Baltar.

This whole ep felt like filler, especially with the cut and dry introduction of Bulldog only to ship him off at the end of the ep. Damn, if we don't see him again I'm going to be mighty disappointed. He's a pilot right, couldn't they use more good pilots? And I don't really understand what happened with Bulldog, did the cylons really let him go just on the theory that he would be so mad at Adama that he would try to kill him? Beacause that's one hell of a risky theory. And what's with the cylons specifically targetting Adama? Granted, he's the leader of the fleet, but is there something else special about him?
                  I doubt Bulldog wanted to jump right back into a Viper and fly for Adama after finding out what really happened. I think in time Bulldog will return and become a pilot, but he needs time to get back on his feet and deal with what happened to him before and during capture. And yes, the cylons let Bulldog go because they knew he would find out what really happened to him and would realize that those 3 years of capture and torture were a result of Adama shooting him down and that he would seek revenge. They are targetting Adama because as we saw during season 2, when Adama isn't leading the fleet, things get really screwed up. He is probably the single most important person left in the human race at the moment.
                  "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

I pulled this from the sci-fi board episode discussion of Hero. Thought it was a very interesting take on what is going on with number 3

maybe the "End of Line" D'Anna kept seeing refers to computer programs and lines of code. Maybe she has reached the end or limit of her programming and she's evolving beyond it by questioning things like her god and existence. She reached the end of her lines literally and it's time for her to move on to the next step
                    Could this be what happened to the final 5 cylons? Evolved beyond their programming?

Comment

Was it just me or did Adama say b*llsh*t in this episode, when talking to bulldog?

And it was edited...?

LOL

Feels like Star Wars all over again... (<---Greedo reference, for the young folks)

Tech Junkie

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
                      "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Comment

Yup, I believe he did say BS and it got edited, thats what I thought as well anyway.
                        "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                          This whole ep felt like filler, especially with the cut and dry introduction of Bulldog only to ship him off at the end of the ep. Damn, if we don't see him again I'm going to be mighty disappointed. He's a pilot right, couldn't they use more good pilots?
                          With the Pegasus flight crew aboard with Galactica's flight crew, absolutely not. The point of the crew quarters scene in "Collaborators" was to show that the two crews are literally crammed in together. Also Racetrack's comment -- "Too many pilots, not enough birds."

Honestly, I don't know why they just don't get all of the gift shop crap out of the starboard flight deck and let Laird and the Pegasus team run amok with it. Put all of Pegasus's birds over there and have two flight decks -- a truly fully functional battlestar for once.

I know a lot of people don't think Tigh is anything special -- old, *****y, not thunkable. But my Dad, who is a military man, and I agree: his character is the richest and deepest on the show.

Comment

I don't care how deep and rich he is, I still think he's a barely-controlled psychotic.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                              First of all, I'd like to know if/how she's going to explain how she wound up in a corridor with a bullet through her skull
                              IMO she dreamt it (sort of... between the time she was killed and her "resurrection" - kinda like an NDE or something)
                              obviously she could never have gotten anywhere near Galactica in the 1st place (let alone onboard) since after the Exodus most of the crew would have know what model#3 looked like

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
                                Tigh got a proper eye patch YAY!
                                yup - now all that's missing is a missing limb & wooden leg and we'll have an authentic ole salt sea pirate

Comment

Working...
                                X