Torn (306)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lord-anubis View Post
    well i baltar saying it was old so i think they might be right about that. i do think that maybe when baltar as thous werid deams when hes talking to 6 that it might be the work of the other 5 cylons
    I can support that
    "Your a fruitcake," Daniel Jackson to Vala Mal Doran "Prometheus Unbound"

Comment

Maybe Baltar is one of the other 5, and they are more humanlike, so they don't know that they are in fact cylons.

Comment

If Athena gets infected, then it presents an interesting situation for the humans. If they kill her while she's within range of a ressurection ship, then the nightmare situation the cylons are afraid of (a downloading infected cylon bringing the disease to them) happens. Maybe this is the dilemma, not only do the humans commit genocide and wipe out the cylon race, but do they kill Athena to do it. And if they cure Athena (assuming they find a cure), do they share that cure with the cylons? If not, and the cylons catch wind, do the cylons go after the cure like they went after Hera?

The idea of using Athena to infect the cylons is very similar to Star Trek:TNG and the borg they found. In that story, they considered sending the borg back to the collective with a logic-bomb that would have wiped them out. Obviously, BSG, with it's very different view on things, will probably have a different ending.

Also, I agree with the others, the character development was top-notch. I liked seeing the cylon argument after Baltar returns to the cylons after his mission.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
          I'm wondering if the seven and the other five had a philosphical difference, the 7 wanted to kill humanity, the 5 wanted to rejoin humanity? I'm very curious to know more about the 5 and why the 7 can't talk about them. But yeah the 7 are very human in that they are doing exactly what humans did by enslaving metal cylons, only the 7 made it so their cylons can't rebel. Would be interesting if the centurions could be reprogrammed to rebel aganist the skin jobs.

Oh and was good see Gaeta has at least regained the respect and trust of Adama and Roslin.
          I think it is a very wise move by TPTB to keep 5 cylons a secret from us. I keep wondering who they are and trying to guess. I had a thought tonight, and I'm putting it in spoilers because it is way out there.
          Spoiler:
          Remember in season 1, when the cylon told Roslin not to trust Adama because he's a cylon. Wouldn't it be wild if we found out that he was actually a cylon? Of course, he wouldn't know he was a cylon. Maybe the other 5 chose to forget what they were so that they could live among the humans. That would make Appollo a halfcylon/halfhuman! Like I said this theory is way out there. I'd be very shocked if I were right, but...

I liked the episode tonight. I have mixed feelings about the name Athena. It was kind of them to give her a new name, but she'll always be boomer to me. It was heartbreaking to hear Adama's speech to Kara, but it was just the wake up call she needed. I can't wait to see her work her way into his good graces again. I feel really sorry for Tigh, but his new dark character is interesting. It will get worse before it gets better.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Revan View Post
            Is it not possible that this disease is transmitted through radio signals? The skin jobs do have some mechanical properties to them like their spines and the devises they use to download ( Im not 100% sure if they are both the same) into another body so that would make them susceptible it as well.
            Yet the virus originated from the device, which was obviously covered in something very organic. As soon as it's uploaded on iTunes I'll grab a screenshot.
            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
              I think it is a very wise move by TPTB to keep 5 cylons a secret from us. I keep wondering who they are and trying to guess. I had a thought tonight, and I'm putting it in spoilers because it is way out there.
              Spoiler:
              Remember in season 1, when the cylon told Roslin not to trust Adama because he's a cylon. Wouldn't it be wild if we found out that he was actually a cylon? Of course, he wouldn't know he was a cylon. Maybe the other 5 chose to forget what they were so that they could live among the humans. That would make Appollo a halfcylon/halfhuman! Like I said this theory is way out there. I'd be very shocked if I were right, but...

I liked the episode tonight. I have mixed feelings about the name Athena. It was kind of them to give her a new name, but she'll always be boomer to me. It was heartbreaking to hear Adama's speech to Kara, but it was just the wake up call she needed. I can't wait to see her work her way into his good graces again. I feel really sorry for Tigh, but his new dark character is interesting. It will get worse before it gets better.
              The stuff about Adama doesn't need to be in spoilers, it happened in S.1, and we're going on S.3, if they don't know that now, then they should be up to date.

I think it a greater likelihood that either Lee is half-cylon, and was captured by the cylons at one point and brainwashed, or Bill is indeed a cylon, but it just doesn't click with me. Why have Boomer assassinate Bill if he indeed was a cylon? I'm sure there have to be some of the seven, maybe a select few, that actually know who the final five are. So the whole point of Adama being assassinated is like, what's the point, if he's Cylon. And if his heart stopped, and I can't remember if it did or not, wouldn't he have downloaded instead of coming back?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                i think those 'unspoken' five cylons have something to do with it

to use the stargate analogy, this cylon disease could be the same thing as the symbiote poison...created by tok'ra to kill goauld even though it'll kill the tok'ra too

and of course roslyn is hypocritical. everyone is hypocritical in a way, and there's not much room for ideals when the survival of a species is at stake
                Yeah yeahyeah...I'm agreeing with this...it's gotta be something like that. That's the first thing that came to my mind, that the five betrayed the other seven some how.

So glad Baltar didn't tell them about the device, but what is Six gonna do...? I wanna think that he si finally coming around, but still don't know...

Yes, I loved the hait cutting too. Go Starbuck!! (I was kinda hoping Kat would die too...hehehehe...god i'm horrible.)

Great scene at the end with the admiral, Tigh and Kara. When he picked up that gun, I thought for sure he was gonna shoot himself or something...thank god he didn't...

OMG, Lee looks GOOD again...I was totally not digging the belly.

But I do think there was a missing scene between Kara and Sam...or maybe I just hoped there would be. Please od I hope they "make-up" or whatever.

great epi...oh, and I loved the scene where they gave Sharon a new call sign. Good name...
                Far from home
                A man searches for hope.
                Far from home, he finds it.

Comment

Well this is the episode that pulled the rug out from under us. I don't know WHAT to think anymore. Gah why is Friday seven days away...

Comment

Cylon is finally facing the survival problem.
                    One resurrection ship is a very limited resource.
                    Just like the humans.
                    How interesting, two races are now in the same water.
                    Would they be on the same boat?
                    I guess this season will answer that. That's why Kara/Tigh's problem had to be solved; or human/cyclon will not co-exist.
                    What would they see beyond the pulsars?

Comment

Originally posted by KezatheAscended View Post
                      So glad Baltar didn't tell them about the device, but what is Six gonna do...? I wanna think that he si finally coming around, but still don't know...
                      I think Baltar's just afraid the others would start accusing him like the infected Six did.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        But Adama was around during the first Cylon war, when Cylons were still 'walking chrome toasters'. The human form Cylons didn't develop until after the Cylons went underground for the 50 odd years after the first Cylon war. So unless we have something like Adama involved in creating the original toasters (rather than being created by actual humans, as stated so far), who then went on and evolved into human form Cylons, it doesn't really seem feasible.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                          But Adama was around during the first Cylon war, when Cylons were still 'walking chrome toasters'. The human form Cylons didn't develop until after the Cylons went underground for the 50 odd years after the first Cylon war. So unless we have something like Adama involved in creating the original toasters (rather than being created by actual humans, as stated so far), who then went on and evolved into human form Cylons, it doesn't really seem feasible.
                          Thats something I've always had trouble understanding. I mean, how old is Adama and Tigh? If there was 50 years between the two wars and these men were fighting in the first war, they'd be in their 70s or something by now. Just doesnt seem to me like at their current age that Adama and Tigh could have been in the first war.
                          "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                            Or maybe it was Adama's wife, Lee's mother that's the toaster. Hence, the Adama is a toaster (referring to Apollo's half-cylon status).It's also possible that both Bill and Saul are toasters, too.

Comment

Personally my theory is:

Spoiler:
                              The human cylons are of the same gene pool as the original lords of Kobol. Somehow they found the remains or some type of information regarding the lords of Kobol and were able to duplicate their DNA and create the skin jobs.

Its crazy but that is what I think.

"We need to find Earth, because if we don't then no one will remember a man named William Adama, or a Battlestar named Galactica."

Comment

Could it be that
                                Spoiler:
                                the refugees are all Cylons that were created by God (the Lords Of Kobol) correctly. They experience a real time life cycle without a res-ship. And the sixes, fives's, et. al on the base stars maybe something happened when they were programmed.

A flaw/glitch/virus could have been introduced somehow, hence the need for a res-ship to find the flaw.

Just a theory.

YMMV
                                Last edited by LaCroix; 04 November 2006, 06:11 AM. Reason: adding ymmv

Comment

Working...
                                X