No announcement yet.

Torn (306)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Athena is like a daughter to Adama does that make him Zeus?

Also I think the hybrids reaction had less to do with jumping and more to do with being ordered when she disagreed with the decision.

Comment

Just when i think there may be answers, this show hits u with more questions.

First let me say that i really like Helo as XO way more than Tigh, I don't know why I just think he pulls it off better. Second while its good to see Apollo back in the cockpit (in my opinon where he should be) I'm a little hurt if he got demoted for that, but then again its possible that his rank of Commander was just cause of being in command of Pegasus, like how in the navy a ships commander is always called Captain, regardless of rank, just an honary thing. Thirdly thank god Starbuck is getting her deal back together cause winey Starbuck was buggin me, now if she just can kick Kats ass and get back up to top pilot, thinkgs will be ok again. And finally I did half expect Tigh to shoot himself, I'm kinda interested in where his charactor goes now, more so than before. (i have nothing to say about Athena, where as it does seem outta place, espcially considering who Apollo is, i can't think of a better callsign...so Athena it is)

As for the Cylons and Baltar the Hybrid i thought seemed outta place considerin they have human Cylons and non Humans and now one thats both, so metaphoically the Skin Jobs are people, then centurians and Raiders are like animals, and the Basestars are both, just seems a little off to me, but then again her ramblin too got my interest the second time, i thought it was just random ship reports but theres other stuff in there. I never noticed before really but it looks like the 5's aren't really into god either and i have yet to here Simon mention him. As for the Final Five, i'm not even gonna guess at this point, I like how they addressed y they weren't on New Caprica, but its way to early to even guess Why their not spoken of, my theories are all over the place, from being boxed, to them considerin' themselves a higher caste and not interacting with the belows, or someone mentioned possibly comuning with the Cylon God (although its become apprent not all the Models believe in a god) or even some kinda schism where they choose to abandon the Cylon we know right now and theres others theories too.

Which bring me to Baltar and The Device. First Baltar i was pretty sure was not a Cylon and now with this projecting thing and Virtual Six i'm having doubts again, which brings up did he strangle that Six on the basestar or did he completely crush her neck, cause thats a point in the possible Cylon column if he did, but i'm not sure, plus the Baltar theories are all over the place too, is he one of the Final Five, if so why doesn't he know, are they sleeper agents, where the Final Five damaged and maybe none of them remeber there Cylons, is he not a Cylon at all, ect ect. then there The Device, we're first not even positive it was left by the 13th tribebut if it was y is it killing the Cylons, the 13th tribe left with the Orginal Exodus or have we been wrong about that did they go to the 12 first.....or heres a theory that just hit me, where there something Cylon like on Kobol, that forced the oringal exodus millenia ago in some way and the 13 tribes found the first 12 colonies but the 13th didn't feel they where safe so went farther, and left a trail for there brothers but booby trapped it as well in case the Cylon like things followed, and when the Cylons left the 12 colonies after the first war they found the remants of these orginal cylons...and now i'm rambling, ok i'm losing perspective here so i'm out
      "Your a fruitcake," Daniel Jackson to Vala Mal Doran "Prometheus Unbound"

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post

Oh and was good see Gaeta has at least regained the respect and trust of Adama and Roslin.
        I'm guessing that word spread that Gaeta was a source in Baltars administration.

On another note, I've always had a theory that the reason the Cylons could be distinguished against humans was that the Cylons had to change a few things to make it easier to mass-produce. But the Cylons had a few models that were exactly like humans but were really difficult to make. These 5 unknown models could tie into my theory and could be really deep into the Colonial Government. Feel free to nit-pick my theory, as I really don't remember parts of the 1st and 2nd season.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
          How do we know that this virus doesn't affect humans? I mean, this probe or whatever it was indeed did float through a nebula.
          Is it not possible that this disease is transmitted through radio signals? The skin jobs do have some mechanical properties to them like their spines and the devises they use to download ( Im not 100% sure if they are both the same) into another body so that would make them susceptible it as well.

Comment

Wait, if Lee is back to Major, then who has Galactica. Please enlighten me, and don't say William Adama, he's Admiral, he can't command his own flag ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Revan View Post
              Is it not possible that this disease is transmitted through radio signals? The skin jobs do have some mechanical properties to them like their spines and the devises they use to download ( Im not 100% sure if they are both the same) into another body so that would make them susceptible it as well.
              I was thinking the same thing but if it can spread through radio signals i think that means there was a much better chance it was engineered to target the Cylons

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
              Wait, if Lee is back to Major, then who has Galactica. Please enlighten me, and don't say William Adama, he's Admiral, he can't command his own flag ship.
              yeah but now theres only one ship I think the rank of admirls basically useless

Comment

I compleatly disagree, and to be toatally nit picky. Adama would have technical command of the civilian fleet relating to military matters, since he is the ranking military officer in the fleet, and a flag officer his position as Commander of Galactica just would look wierd to me. Especially when he has someone to take over for him, and showed himself to be somewhat capapble. I refer of course to Lee, his demotion makes no sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Wedo765 View Post
                  I was thinking the same thing but if it can spread through radio signals i think that means there was a much better chance it was engineered to target the Cylons

No not necessarily, what if it is just the specific radio frequency it is set at transmitting and it effects the Cylons in this way only on accedent.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                    I compleatly disagree, and to be toatally nit picky. Adama would have technical command of the civilian fleet relating to military matters, since he is the ranking military officer in the fleet, and a flag officer his position as Commander of Galactica just would look wierd to me. Especially when he has someone to take over for him, and showed himself to be somewhat capapble. I refer of course to Lee, his demotion makes no sense to me.
                    I actually agree i expected Lee more to be placed directly below his father on Galactica, although i prefer to see Apollo flying, it just woulda made sense. Maybe I'm just thinking of this too simply though but it seems to me with only one military vessel theres no need for a Flag officer since orders to the civilians generally consist of "Order the fleet to Jump" so Adama in Command of Galactica seems ok to me

No not necessarily, what if it is just the specific radio frequency it is set at transmitting and it effects the Cylons in this way only on accedent.
                    radio signals don't natural transmit biological pathogens, i could by that if the Cylons where partially organic, but they are so there would need to be some intelligent design and there would be no need to create a virus like that for humans we don't download but we're only assumeing it download with them, theres really no evidence it does, 3 was just being cautious

Comment

they cylon on the ship said that device or what ever it was. was from the 13th colonie. so i don't think the other 5 are responsible but they could be. maybe the final 5 are more evoloed then the other 7. maybe they had some disagreement with the other 7 about some thing maybe it could been about attacking the 12 colonies or beliveing in a god. i noice when 6 was said we don't talk about them it sounded like she was afaid. so maybe the other 5 are more powerful then the cylons that batlar is with. also i was kind of surpised how every one on the ship as acpeted Athena ask sharon i thought they be argueing about leting her fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Wedo765 View Post
                        radio signals don't natural transmit biological pathogens, i could by that if the Cylons where partially organic, but they are so there would need to be some intelligent design and there would be no need to create a virus like that for humans we don't download but we're only assumeing it download with them, theres really no evidence it does, 3 was just being cautious
                        Yes I am well aware that radio signals do not transmit biological pathogens that is impossible, I was implying that the signals were interfereing or possibly shorting out certain components in their bodies that made them ill. They do need both the mechanical and biological components to survive or why else would they have them.

Comment

Well, I loved this episode, one of the best of the season. Lots of interesting new info, much secrecy around the 5 other cylon models.

I'm glad that Baltar decided not to tell the cylons about the beacon, even if 6 found out while looking at the photo. Also interesting that the 6 in Baltars head still loves him, the flesh 6's don't. And Baltar was still funny has hell, gotta love his character.

Some more cheering for the Adama boys. Lee is finally back to where he should be, fit and flying. Even though it says major on the side of his viper, i'm not sure if it's like that because he has been demoted or the fact that it was his old viper and was just never updated when he got promoted, but I'll guess that it was the former, thus the reason the camera showed it. Also awesome scene between the Admiral and Starbuck and Tigh. Those two have been disgraceful, though it looks like Kara might start to get her act back together, while Tigh just goes farther and farther down the drain. That man is an absolute wreck. I can see him leaving Galactica all together.

It seems the tides have turned, in favor of the humans. Now they will discover the key to destroying the cylons and next episode looks fantasic, as the biggest choice yet will have to be made. It also looks like Athena is going to die, as she will probably be infected with the virus, so good bye to her and then Helo can join Tigh in drinking away the loss of a wife.
                          "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

Originally posted by lord-anubis View Post
                            they cylon on the ship said that device or what ever it was. was from the 13th colonie. so i don't think the other 5 are responsible but they could be. maybe the final 5 are more evoloed then the other 7. maybe they had some disagreement with the other 7 about some thing maybe it could been about attacking the 12 colonies or beliveing in a god. i noice when 6 was said we don't talk about them it sounded like she was afaid. so maybe the other 5 are more powerful then the cylons that batlar is with. also i was kind of surpised how every one on the ship as acpeted Athena ask sharon i thought they be argueing about leting her fly.
                            I assumed they where just guessing, theres really no way to prove its from the 13th tribe, its just the best possibility right now

Yes I am well aware that radio signals do not transmit biological pathogens that is impossible, I was implying that the signals were interfereing or possibly shorting out certain components in their bodies that made them ill. They do need both the mechanical and biological components to survive or why else would they have them.
                            I don't see anything that serious afflicting them so fast they couldn't jetison the thing without affecting the biological componants too, I'll have to disagree with you on that, but you may be right too it could just be completely random dumb luck that a beacon possibly created by humans has the added ability to neutralize their one enemy
                            Last edited by Wedo765; 03 November 2006, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdog View Post
                              If Athena is like a daughter to Adama does that make him Zeus?
                              Here is an Idea. We know that there are 5 Cylons unaccounted for right? We don't know the lifespan of a Cylon in human form. The gods had names like Apollo, Hera and Athena...HMM!! Athena and Apollo are call-signs but are they really? So far everything Leoben told Kara in "Flesh and Bone" has come true. He grabbed Roslin and whispered " Adama is a Cylon." Was he really talking about Lee Adama? If this virus is biological in nature the blood of baby Hera maybe the Cylons only means of survival.
                              Last edited by THSEX1138; 03 November 2006, 09:24 PM.
                              "And you ask why?"

Comment

well i baltar saying it was old so i think they might be right about that. i do think that maybe when baltar as thous werid deams when hes talking to 6 that it might be the work of the other 5 cylons

Comment

Working...
                                X