Collaborators (305)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
    He's also probably very tired- he's been playing a duel role for the past four months, and of course everyone had been on the run before that, and Gaeta had a very high-stress job (and despite his "perfect officer" appearence, we already know that he caves to stress- the tatoo, the smoking). He has to have a limited tollerance level. Maybe there is a small part of him that wanted them to get it over with. He didn't want to die, but there's a part of him that doesn't care, that stems from the guilt, stress, etc.

And having everyone hate him didn't help either.
    a stress+job fatigue+bewilderment+guilt+hate combo... yeah I'll go with that - good enough in my book

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
      a stress+job fatigue+bewilderment+guilt+hate combo... yeah I'll go with that - good enough in my book
      Poor guy, all of those emotions would crush anyone's will to keep going. It is a testament to AJ and the writers that we have all of these emotions from a supporting character to specualte on!

Comment

rofl...that'd be some "thinking"...it wouldn't have cost him much effort to repeat it to his executionners, IMO
        Besides Kara also told him to explain himself, so to him she was still giving him a chance - yet he turned it down & only seized it when Gallen intervened
        Of course it wouldn’t have cost him anything to plead his case again, but what was the point in begging again? He had already pleaded his case to Kara. She didn’t care. One would assume that she might have said something to the others. Why beg now? They obviously didn’t care and were hell bent on executing him.

Kara wasn’t giving him another chance to save himself. She wanted him to beg for her own satisfaction and benefit…to make herself feel better, imo.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
          Of course it wouldn’t have cost him anything to plead his case again, but what was the point in begging again? He had already pleaded his case to Kara. She didn’t care. One would assume that she might have said something to the others. Why beg now? They obviously didn’t care and were hell bent on executing him.

Kara wasn’t giving him another chance to save himself. She wanted him to beg for her own satisfaction and benefit…to make herself feel better, imo.
          yeah but once again this wasn't about "pleading" or "begging" - Kara wanted him to beg yet he didn't, and didn't have to, but he could also have taken this chance to scold all of them for having been so wrong about him, by revealing his double identity & the fact that he'd been helping the insurgents all along - maybe not to save his life, but at least to save face - u know, like I said question of Honor
          Last edited by SoulReaver; 30 October 2006, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Speaking of stress, I'm surprised that the population count hasn't being going down even further due to suicides, etc. Side question- should that number be fluctuating a bit more from week to week then it has been? Or will that just confuse some viewers. (then again, the ones keeping exact track of the number already probably get the idea)
            well I'd expect it to go down no doubt - but "fluctuating" would also mean also going up...and with the occupation & its aftermath & all that I doubt making babies would have been or will be the colonials' main preoccupation :|

Comment

well I'd expect it to go down no doubt - but "fluctuating" would also mean also going up...and with the occupation & its aftermath & all that I doubt making babies would have been or will be the colonials' main preoccupation :|
              I was thinking more of last season.....where the numbers didn't seem to change unless we actually saw someone die- weren't any children born during that time? Weren't there other deaths throughout the fleet?

As for this season don't forget that there will still be women who got pregnant before the occupation that could still be months away from delivering. I'm sure there will be more children concieved but yes, probably not as many compared to the year on new caprica before the occupation.

And don't forget that despite being in the resistance, Jammer and his wife were still trying to have a baby, I'm sure others were as well. And there are still a lot of civilians out there with nothing else to do.

Comment

cramped up onboard a battleship : not the best, um, "conceivable" setting either
                As for this season don't forget that there will still be women who got pregnant before the occupation that could still be months away from delivering.
                maybe

one thing's for sure though - this show delivered, from day 1

Last edited by SoulReaver; 30 October 2006, 03:40 PM.

Comment

cramped up onboard a battleship : not the best, um, "conceivable" setting either
                  Well, where there's a will, they'll find a way.....

one thing's for sure though - this show delivered, from day 1
                  *groans*

Comment

*groans*

Comment

Well, where there's a will, they'll find a way.....

*groans*
                      Pity that Cloud Nine got blown up, where else anybody got any suggestion?

Comment

Originally posted by Back40 View Post
                        Perhaps....but unless I've forgotten, she didn't mention the first massacre either.
                        Well, ya got me there. She didn't reference the Cylons coming and detroying the Colonies either, so I guess that means that little event didn't happen.

There simply wasn't enough time for there to be a second massacre that Jammer could have been responsible for.

Comment

Originally posted by grover View Post
                          Well, ya got me there. She didn't reference the Cylons coming and detroying the Colonies either, so I guess that means that little event didn't happen.

There simply wasn't enough time for there to be a second massacre that Jammer could have been responsible for.
                          No kidding! I'm glad it was just a mentioned rather then us seeing a second massecre, we saw enough of the NCP's other deeds to get the idea.

Comment

lol one has to wonder if baltar knew what gaeta was doing? so now gaeta's conscience is good since baltar told him that he didnt sin and called hima idealist. and then the circle finding out the things he did and stopped him from being killed

Comment

Originally posted by daniel9 View Post
                              lol one has to wonder if baltar knew what gaeta was doing? so now gaeta's conscience is good since baltar told him that he didnt sin and called hima idealist. and then the circle finding out the things he did and stopped him from being killed
                              That's only because Starbuck mentioned it in an attempt to taunt him, and Tyrol was there to hear it. Tyrol instantly recognized Gaeta as the source, and informed the circle.

I'm sure Gaeta is feeling really ****ty right now about the fact that he interfered with the rigged voting.
                              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

well with the rigged voting he was only doing the right thing. and id ont see why he would feel ****ty now wouldntt he feel liberated now that everyone knows he is the one who saved their butts?

Comment

Working...
                                X