• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by titans View Post
    THREE!! She took out THREE Basestars!

Not in her death throws.

One when she entered the fray.
    One when she went head long into that SoaB.
    And one where a piece of her hull tumbled into the basestar.

Did I miss one?

EDIT: Nope...Two. One of the pods tumbled into the other one.
    Last edited by Callsign:Spooky; 20 October 2006, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Hmmmmmm yes so certainly an episode for the books.

RIP Ellen, gonna miss hating you, unless you turn out to be a cylon, which would be quite interesting.

As stated many times, great CGI, some of the best I've seen, the Galactica jump was gorgeous to watch and the maneuvers were awesome, I especially like Hotdog's line there as he is about to be launched.

Call me stupid but I didn't beleive the cylons would get Hera, I thought for sure she'd be back on the fleet and Sharon would find out about it, but I guess not, now it will be interesting to see what this baby will do for the Cylons, what will happen because they have her.

I'm glad to see the moustache go, I always felt it just didn't fit right in this context.

I'm also glad that there is just one Battlestar now, as I liked things before there were two ships and everyone got split up, hopefully Lee and Starbuck will both be back in the cockpit kicking butt again like the good ole days.

And speaking of Lee Adama, perhaps some of you are in denial or something, but what I just saw was him saving his old man's butt, many other peoples lives, and most importantly, Galactica. Pegasus didnt save them, Lee Adama saved them, and he did it in the utmost glory, sacrificing his own ship, risking the lives of his crew and his wife, and making an even riskier move than Bill Adama, because if Lee had never showed up, at least there would still be one Battlestar with the civilian fleet, but with Lee leaving them to fight, he risked losing both Battlestars and leaving the civilian fleet almost completely defenseless (yea Peggy's vipers stayed back but if both Battlestars were destroyed, theres only so much Vipers can do without a base) and therefor the destruction of humanity.
      "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

Originally posted by Legionnaire View Post
        And speaking of Lee Adama, perhaps some of you are in denial or something, but what I just saw was him saving his old man's butt, many other peoples lives, and most importantly, Galactica. Pegasus didnt save them, Lee Adama saved them, and he did it in the utmost glory, sacrificing his own ship, risking the lives of his crew and his wife, and making an even riskier move than Bill Adama, because if Lee had never showed up, at least there would still be one Battlestar with the civilian fleet, but with Lee leaving them to fight, he risked losing both Battlestars and leaving the civilian fleet almost completely defenseless (yea Peggy's vipers stayed back but if both Battlestars were destroyed, theres only so much Vipers can do without a base) and therefor the destruction of humanity.
        Word. This was Lee deciding something on his own - and something that had many many positive ramifications. It could have led to disaster, yes, but it was taking the risk that counted... a risk that the Old Man would have taken.

Anyhow, this episode blew my mind. I, for one, am immensely thankful Skiffy's showing it again, as I don't see it getting old anytime soon. It was amazingly intense and had me clutching a pillow for the whole frakking thing.

One last question: do you think they could fit a few more emotions into an hour of television?
        Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
        sigpic

Comment

Best. Hour. Of television. EVER!!!! Holy fracking mother of god that was incredible...I'm going to be rewatching that episode every day for the next month!
          sigpic
          Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
          "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Am I the only one who noticed that Ellen actually killed herself? Sure Tigh brought over the poison but she asked for the cup. She knew she was going to die and he gave her the honor of doing it herself (plus I dont think he had the balls to do it. Sure he can send anyone else to die but his own woman?)

Comment

Originally posted by Callsign
              So realisticly its like trading in a 2004 for a 2006 model car. You may get more bells and whistles but it still gets you from A to B. Newer does not always equal better.
              More like a 1950 for a 2006 car, because remember at the beginning of the miniseries, the Galactica was being decommisioned. And its also said that its the last of its kind in existence and is 50 years old.

Comment

I hate that Pegasus had to die, but I think it was for the good of the show. Things (storywise) were getting a little spread out between the two ships, I think.

Comment

this was wow...

+Ellen and Tigh was heart wenching for me despite the fact I REALY REALY hated Ellen but even I felt sad at that scene

+Adama got rid of that stupid mustache

+Galactica plummeting through the atmoshphere launching vipers

+Pegasus destroying 3 base stars in a very badass fasion

-Pegasus got destroyed...however the beast shall live in the fact its last moments had it destroy 3 basestars >

-Dee and lee scene at the start though sim starting to like Dee again so please PLEASE get them out of that stupid relationship

Comment

Good Episode.

However, I am bothered by Laura's presumption. Not only should Zarek legally succeed Baltar (Just as Laura became president in the mini-series), but he also has the credibility to lead the fleet. Who did the Cylons immediately arrest and keep in confinement during the entire occupation? Laura? No, Zarek.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidBlue View Post
                      Good Episode.

However, I am bothered by Laura's presumption. Not only should Zarek legally succeed Baltar (Just as Laura became president in the mini-series), but he also has the credibility to lead the fleet. Who did the Cylons immediately arrest and keep in confinement during the entire occupation? Laura? No, Zarek.
                      You know what, that is a good point and I admit that I was a little bit bothered by this too, as she wasnt elected again so she shouldn't just be president. Give Zarek a chance
                      "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

Good Episode.

I am not sure that Laura is presuming anything. I think it is forgotten that the Colonial One is also Laura's home, that's where she has always lived. Yes she has been the president while she's lived there, but it's still her home. Just because she sits in the chair, doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I think considering how the relationship between Zarek and Roslin has developed so far this season, that things may work out toward some kind of power sharing between the two.

Or who knows, maybe Adama will just get fed up, say frak it, and TELL the fleet that Roslin is in charge. Cause he feels like it.
                        "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

Comment

Ho. Ly. FRAK! That was hands down the best episode of the series yet. The action, the thrills, the suspense, the drama, the tension, the emotion... I can barely describe how I'm feeling. Galactica's free-fall had be cheering and on the edge of my seat, Ellen's death had me almost to tears (which is really saying something - imagine of Adama or Roslin died?) and I especially loved the final scene of Adama shaving his moustache: it was so symbolic, so well done, and yet so simple.

That, of course, brings questions about the future: and what a future they've set up. The gang's all together *physically*, but what about emotionally, spiritually, politically, economically? What's gonna happen to the Pegasus crew? The NCP? Baltar? The old veterans who've not (apparently) been replaced? The new families that've formed on the surface? What're Apollo, D, Helo, Sharon, Starbuck and the Chief gonna do? So many questions, so few episodes...

I suspect this will be something that'll be explored in the next few episodes. BSG has a pretty good track record of not just taking something as granted - remember after the S2 premire, how long it took to get everything settled again? My money is that either Zarek will give up position or there'll be another election or - Gods forbid - Zarek will take office.

Mind you, if Adama got on the wireless and asked if anyone in the fleet had objections to Roslin becoming President again, after what happened last time, is there really anyone in their right mind who's object?

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer View Post
                            It's also used in the "I'm bringing the family back togeather." scene from Home Part 1. It's their triumphant music. I think the melody is an old celtic toon, and when it has words (in Hand of God)... I'm pretty sure they are in chinese--but that I can't be sure of.
                            Was first used in "The Hand of God" epi from season 1 where Lee took out the Cylon refinery singlehandedly - track with words in Irish Gaelic ("Wander My Friends") when Lee returns to the Galactica triumphant after completing the mission and the scene between Lee and his dad about the lighter ("A Good Lighter") before the mission. Reprised as "Reuniting the Fleet" in season 2 "Home Part 1". Definitely Celtic, they use either Irish flute or uileann pipes for lead instrument depending on the reprisal.

Can you tell I play both the CDs end to end on a regular basis?

Oh, and I'm a nut job for Celtic music too.....

Spoiler:
                            "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
                            ---Bill Adama

Comment

I'm still not sure there is a presumption there. Laura didn't say she was in charge of the fleet or that she was the president. Yes, she sat in a chair, but there were dozens of other refugees in the room and none of them had sat in the chair, one presumes that they know she's around and the people actually there saved it for her

The conversation with Tory is just about Maya and Hera, it's not about fleet buisness. According to the episode's podcast the material from the last scene with Laura and Tory was in fact lifted from the end of Collaborators because they removed an entire plot from that episode about the search for Hera within the fleet. It does make Roslin look like she's president, but when they filmed that they had presumably dealt with the political situation.

Given that Zarek is the president at this point, and he knew she was going to Colonial One, is it really our place to say she was wrong to do that. Right now Colonial One is just a colonial heavy transport and it apparently has hundreds of people on it that are just there for the ride. Presumably whichever ship Zarek ended up on is "Colonial One" right now because that is a designation that goes with whatever ship the president is on.

Someone up thread said that there have to be other people in the fleet with political asperations or "natural leaders" would stand up. It's my contention that Laura Roslin is a natural leader. She can't help that, and I suspect that at this point she's going to be an overwelmingly popular leader. Something like 17,000 people voted for her to start with, I suspect as morbid as this sounds, those 2,000 civilians that stayed on ships and didn't land on New Caprica and thus had a greater likelyhood to live through the experiance were Roslin' supporters and now you pile in the fact that A) she was proven right. B) many parents know her personally because she's taken care of their kids so she's no longer an evil meglomaniac C) she is a popular reisistence figure (Baltar says so in this episode).

Now Zarek is as well... but that was already a card he had in his hands from pre-cylon attack. Zarek is a smart political animal (and obviously right now rather likes Roslin) so I doubt he'd try and get in the way of a popular upswing in support for Roslin.

Comment

The song is called "Wander My Friends" and it's in Gaelic. It started off in "The Hand of God" as sort of the Adama family song but has kind of turned into the Colonial victory theme.

I have mixed feelings about Ellen's death. I'll have to watch it again because I didn't see it coming (I usually catch these things, I must be getting senile) until she dropped the cup.

Galactica dropping into the atmosphere was mind blowing. I saw it jump into the sky and thought How on Earth can she fly? Oh...she...can't! Truly one of the most amazing FX shots in television history.

I like Zarek the lovable scoundrel, but I don't know if I like the Roslin/Zarek crimefighting duo. I'm hoping it's an enemy of my enemy scenario.

Pegasus had to go, frankly. She was bad*** and I loved every second she was out there kicking toaster butt, but she's too powerful. At least she didn't go out like a b*tch. And splitting up the military characters between the two was getting to be a strain.

Baltar is FAR too shades of gray to ever be like the old Count (thank goodness).

Poor Saul and Kara... But I cheered when she stabbed that motherfraker in the guts!

Just when I was getting USED to the 'stache...ah well.

Why must Fridays be seven days apart? *shakes fist*
                                Last edited by Excali5033; 21 October 2006, 02:25 AM. Reason: addendum

Comment

Working...
                                X