Exodus, Part 2 (304)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    I think there's an S2 disc, I should buy it...
    There is a season 2 disc, it's what's in my car cd player right now. If it means much I think its better than the season 1 disc... and the season 1 disc is also among the CDs in my car right now

Comment

Damn.
      Too bad nothing much happened except the moustache scene tonight....
      They need to pick up the pace a bit.
      Oh well, I really did not need to sleep tonight anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Chig View Post
        Damn.
        Too bad nothing much happened except the moustache scene tonight....
        They need to pick up the pace a bit.
        Oh well, I really did not need to sleep tonight anyway.
        LOL! Really. If they go any slower even the snail races are gonna outpace them.

Comment

great ep so far. dvr'd it watching now. did anders kill ellen?
          Don't xSEED the need!

Comment

Here's to adranaline!

I usually record the episodes to share with my sister across town. I had to call her and torment her by not telling her why this episode blew me away.
            So wrong, but I had to let all this nervous energy out some way. Maybe I will make her wait a while before I share this episode with her.

Comment

My second best episode of all time!! (The Mini Series can never be topped ) and that's saying a lot ! As for the Pegasus I have no words..sniff sniff. I felt so bad for Kara Thrace. The emotions expressed on the hanger deck by Katee Sackhoff has to be one of her greatest acting scenes yet. 10 out of a possible 10. I got a snot bubble in my nose when Adama knew it was over and a tear was about to drop but when the Pegasus showed up I yelled to the top of my lungs!!! So very emotional... I have to admit waiting for season 3 seemed like an unreasonably long time but episodes like this were well worth it. They put a lot of thought and heart into this one,
              "And you ask why?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sharrpe95 View Post
                I don't think anything can top that episode.

Wait.

Comment

for????? lol

Comment

I just about shat myself when the Peg took out not one but TWO!!!11!!oneoneone Basestars. If you gotta go do as much damage as possible along the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Macharius0 View Post
                      On the flip side, that was certainly a heroic end to the Pegasus, but I have to question Lee's thinking. The fleet's now lost its best ship, hands down. I'd rather see the Galactica get destroyed, then have them rename the Pegasus in her honor.

Yes, it was a ballsy plan, and granted it saved the day, but what now? The fleet's stuck with the Galactica. It's got WAY weaker guns, practically no computers or advanced tech, no flight simulators, no facilities for building new Vipers/Raptors, and only one functional launch bay.

On top of that, she needs twice the manpower just to crew, was falling apart from lack of maintenence, and now she took all that damage from Adama's little yo-yo maneuver AND playing bloody knuckles with four baseships.

I'm really glad the Galactica survived, don't get me wrong. I just hope that before Lee jumped in to save his dad that he stripped the Pegasus down to the hull plating. If not, I'm pretty sure the loss of all those supplies and technology is going to come back and bite the fleet in the ass before long.
                      well I had pretty much thought the same thing, that the pegasus would get a rebadge.(i guess it was more wishful thinking since we all knew one of the battlestars would buy the farm as a diversion so the colonist could get away) My guess is the bridge set on galactica, is far cooler than the one for pegasus. so they nixed it, Plus the galactica looks far easier (ie cheaper) to render in cgi.

Hopefully saul will keep the boss beard, and get a cool eyepatch to match.
                      I still get the ahab vibe from him.
                      And as for ellen that was a mercy killing, he put her down soft and sweet , much nicer than anders, or anyone else would have done, thats why he did it, he knew they wouldnt be so kind.

Now after such a big off ramp they rebooted the series to the status quo

Comment

What a mind-warp with Starbuck also! Seeing at the end that the kid was someone else's, boy is she going to go crazy after all that?!

Comment

Originally posted by Callsign:Spooky View Post
                          I just about shat myself when the Peg took out not one but TWO!!!11!!oneoneone Basestars. If you gotta go do as much damage as possible along the way!

THREE!! She took out THREE Basestars!
                          Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Shadow, the podcast illuminates some of your concerns about Laura just sort of assuming the presidency/leadership role without being the president yet.

RDM says that the bit with Tory and Roslin talking about Hera was originally the ending of an entire subplot in Collaborators, which they decided to truncate and move for the emotional value. I suspect that it was filmed to be after the political resolution that will take place in that episode.

Note that Roslin's changed her clothes when she really has no reason to have a change of clothes on Colonial One.

Comment

Originally posted by Macharius0 View Post
                              On the flip side, that was certainly a heroic end to the Pegasus, but I have to question Lee's thinking. The fleet's now lost its best ship, hands down. I'd rather see the Galactica get destroyed, then have them rename the Pegasus in her honor.

Yes, it was a ballsy plan, and granted it saved the day, but what now? The fleet's stuck with the Galactica. It's got WAY weaker guns, practically no computers or advanced tech, no flight simulators, no facilities for building new Vipers/Raptors, and only one functional launch bay.

On top of that, she needs twice the manpower just to crew, was falling apart from lack of maintenance, and now she took all that damage from Adama's little yo-yo maneuver AND playing bloody knuckles with four baseships.

I'm really glad the Galactica survived, don't get me wrong. I just hope that before Lee jumped in to save his dad that he stripped the Pegasus down to the hull plating. If not, I'm pretty sure the loss of all those supplies and technology is going to come back and bite the fleet in the ass before long.

All that aside though, BEST EPISODE EVER!!! I'd like to give props and a shout out to Richard Gibbs and Bear McCreary for their phenomonal musical score.

Well a lot of what you are stating is assumed. We have no idea how bad she was falling apart once the Pegasus came on the scene. The Pegasus could very well have supplemented repairs with goods and parts from her own inventory. We also know that the Galactica can go toe to toe with a Basestar and survive. So realisticly its like trading in a 2004 for a 2006 model car. You may get more bells and whistles but it still gets you from A to B. Newer does not always equal better.
                              At the end of the day it would have been better not to loose either but since it was a choice between loosing one or both IMHO I think Lee made the right call. Esp since they took out, at minimum, 3 basestars doing it.

PS- Where has it ever been mentioned that the Pegasus has its own facilities for producing more ships?

Comment

I just want to say how wonderfully done the scene was where the camera was pulling back from Galactica as she was surrounded by and being pounded on by the base ships—almost as if to give the viewers a wide shot of her inevitable destruction—only to bring the Pegasus into frame at JUST the moment you think Galactica was going to explode into a million pieces.

I mean...I knew the Pegasus was going to show up—last week's preview gave that much away—but it was so masterfully done that that little spoiler was driven straight from my mind, and I really believed for a moment that the Galactica was doomed.

What a great way to bring us back to the Battlestar Galactica I knew and loved from the first two seasons. I really wasn't happy with the thought that the majority of this season was going to be based on New Caprica, with the occasional bit of plotting and drama happening on the two battlestars.

Frankly, I'm glad the Pegasus is gone as well. Having just the one combat ship for protection really does give the show a better sense of humanity skirting the ragged edge of extinction.

I have to agree with some of the posters above: Roslin's flopping down in the President's chair in "her" ship seemed more than a little presumptuous. Even sitting aside Zarek, I find it hard to believe that there wouldn't be others in the fleet who have political aspirations, and maybe even be well-qualified for the job. Given what the people have been through, one would think the circumstances would have done much to bring forth at least a few natural born leaders.

Ah well...we'll see what the rest of the season brings. I sure hope they didn't blow their wad early. This one is going to be hard top!

Comment

Working...
                                X