Exodus, Part 2 (304)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    Roslin isn't president, though. Technically Baltar is still president, but in his absence, shouldn't Zarek be in command?
    I'm pretty sure we'll see the technicalities of that worked out next week. I think you are correct, but I think we may also be looking at a radical change in colonial government.

Comment

I had no doubt that Saul would carry through with assasinating Ellen.

She caused the deaths of three of their team (Plus!) , hence he knew she was a liablity. Yes it was sad..sad enough to bring a tear but now we know how dedicated Saul is to the cause. I wonder if they'll give him a glass eye?

Comment

Wow. Just wow. I completely and utterly forgive the fact that Exodus pt 1 was so slow, because pt 2 SO made up for it. Spectacular special effects, fast plot, just completely riveting from start to finish. This is why I love BSG.

-Holy crap, Tigh killed his wife. I had a feeling it would happen, but what a sock in the gut when it did. I ended up liking Ellen toward the end - sure she started off as a manipulative twit but in the last few eps she did everything for Tigh. What a sad scene. And did she know she was drinking poison, or is that just my twisted mind? Wow.

-I saw the "two battlestars just jumped into orbit" in the trailer last week and was somewhat irked by that spoiler. But it turned out that that scene wasn't what I thought it was going to be - it was a double fake set up by the drones. Nice twist! And I admit I had about 2 seconds there when I thought the Galactica was going to bite it before the Pegasus jumped in.

-Galactica plummeting into the atmosphere to drop off fighters only to jump away at the last second or so? Awesome. Bonus points for having the people on the planet still feel its displacement of air.

-What a bittersweet reunion on Galactica! Starbuck returns only to realize that her child really isn't hers. Tigh returns after killing his wife. Lee and Dee return after losing the Pegasus. Roslin returns only to realize they've lost Hera. I felt joy and pain at the same time.

-On that note, losing Hera seemed too easy. This is the child that everyone was so bent on saving and protecting? I get the feeling that her loss was caused by internal cylon betrayal, but TPTB aren't ready to reveal exactly who did it yet. Still, Tory is on my watch list...

-I'd imagine this is the end of Baltar as part of the fleet. If TPTB stick with TOS canon, he's going to hang out with the cylons (and gain a maniacal laugh ).

-Looks like the actor who plays Ladon shows up in the next ep too. Yay for him.

-Aw, Zarek was looking out for Roslin! I can see him becoming her VP. On a related note, I'm bummed that we didn't get a Roslin/Adama reunion scene.

-Roslin regaining her presidential chair

-Still not feeling the Lee/Dee love, but I gained some respect for Dee this ep. Lee still bugs me.

-End of the Adamastache! Hurray!

-My major irk: what happened to Sharon? After the revelation that her child is still alive, we only get to see her at the very end back on Galactica? Bummer.

Any idea why skiffy is rerunning this ep back to back?

Comment

Poor Tigh. God he was such a broken shell of himself at the end.

What great writing and acting.
          Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer View Post
            I'm pretty sure we'll see the technicalities of that worked out next week. I think you are correct, but I think we may also be looking at a radical change in colonial government.
            Yeah, I'll be interested to see how it gets handled. Can I say that I find Roslin's blithe reassumption (BIG assumption) of command to be a little... unsettling? I know she's supposed to be one of the good ones, but she's been making me uneasy since S2.

Comment

Roslin isn't president, though. Technically Baltar is still president, but in his absence, shouldn't Zarek be in command?

Tigh has gone way, WAY off the deep end and I think we're in for a very scary Dread Pirate Saul in the coming season. Drinking will only be a part of it. The better part, probably.
              But she is back on her ship! And Zarek didn't seem to mind.

Oh I also loved the fact that Adama accepted death and the Pegasus came in, I was like hell yeah! I really think Pegasus went before her time but the problem was everytime Pegasus went up aganist a basestar, she kicked major ass, she was almost too strong.

Comment

Wow. That was one of the greatest hours of television I have ever seen; maybe the best.

-I didn't like Ellen and I've never been overly fond of Saul, but that was heartbreaking. Ellen really did love him and really wasn't trying to hurt anyone. Saul clearly loved her too.

-Galactica descending was amazing. Better than most of what you see in the movies.

-Pegasus' sacrifice was also fantastic. I wish they could have kept the ship but it was necessary to save lives. I think they took out at least three Base Stars. The Cylons will not soon forget Pegasus.

-Poor Starbuck and what a wicked Cylon Leoben is. Wow.

-Baltar is now with the Cylons and yet I don't think his role is anything like what it was in the original. Should be interesting.

-Hera is now in the Cylons' hands. Will the sides fight over the baby or will the humans just hope they can find Earth?

-Will the Cylons continue to pursue the humans or will they leave them be for a while?

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                  But she is back on her ship! And Zarek didn't seem to mind.
                  Yeah, but there are still laws to deal with. In order for her to assume command again they're gonna have to rewrite some pretty major edicts regarding colonial government.

Comment

Just my general thoughts:

1. This ep made up for how much Exodus P1 sucked.

2. I second all motions that galactica falling through the atmosphere kicked @$$.

3. Poor Kara. That was just plain cruel. She's going to be frakked up more than ever. I wonder if Leoben intends to continue to try and get his hands on her though? Crazy @$$ weasel, I just don't see him disapearing.

4. Poor Tigh. Never thought I'd say that, but poor Tigh. I felt bad for him.

5. Go Lee.

6. Hera's with the Cylons now. Hrm...

7. So, what IS happening with Starbuck's missing ovaries, then?

8. Interesting preview.
                    Spoiler:
                    It seems that some of the New Caprica resistance are going to be forming their own little court to judge and execute collaborators. Doesn't look like its approved by Rosalin or Adama, and their acting covertly. I don't believe Gaita's gonna buy it though.

9. For a bit of speculation and analysis here--- The cylons are just beginning to understand love. Leoben = Posessive/obsessive love; Caprica 6 = somewhat more evolved and compassionate love but still egoistic in its nature; Sharon = true love, proved by her willingness to sacrifice for her love for Helo.

The fact that we see cylons moving though more dissent among themselves is improtant. Without outside influences, they were uniform. The fact that they don't have names, but used model numbers, indicates to me that some level of individuality was missing. Before, all 6's were like each other enough that they WERE, in some odd way, each other, even with seperate programs and thoughts. They started from the same base programming and personality.

Being exposed to human egoism, human emotion, and seperated from the cylon society starts to change cylon models into individuals. Those individuals come back and further begin to change the others because they now differ in thought from the consensus. The society began as highly altruistic, and I think is shifting, moderately, and the individual is beginning to stand out more and care about their own concerns over that of their societies.

Okay, enough babbling.

Comment

I don't think the people of the fleet will have a hard time accepting Roslin as pres, since the main reason they voted for Baltar was settlement on NC. Look how that turned out.

Comment

Yeah, but there are still laws to deal with. In order for her to assume command again they're gonna have to rewrite some pretty major edicts regarding colonial government.
                        I bet she's declared President for life or something. Or we'll get at the beginning of next episode, the previously on and then get a line 4 months later and everything is magically resolved.

But yeah I agree they need to resolve it with out resolving it stupidly. RDM though doesn't really treat the audience like a bunch of idiots so we should get a good explanation

Comment

R.I.P. Pegasus...you will be missed

R.I.P. Ellen Tigh...you won't be missed so much.

R.I.P. the Adamastache...You MOST CERTAINLY will be missed.
                          Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Originally posted by CaraRose View Post
                            Just my general thoughts:

1. This ep made up for how much Exodus P1 sucked.

2. I second all motions that galactica falling through the atmosphere kicked @$$.

3. Poor Kara. That was just plain cruel. She's going to be frakked up more than ever. I wonder if Leoben intends to continue to try and get his hands on her though? Crazy @$$ weasel, I just don't see him disapearing.

4. Poor Tigh. Never thought I'd say that, but poor Tigh. I felt bad for him.

5. Go Lee.

6. Hera's with the Cylons now. Hrm...

7. So, what IS happening with Starbuck's missing ovaries, then?

8. Interesting preview.
                            Spoiler:
                            It seems that some of the New Caprica resistance are going to be forming their own little court to judge and execute collaborators. Doesn't look like its approved by Rosalin or Adama, and their acting covertly. I don't believe Gaita's gonna buy it though.

9. For a bit of speculation and analysis here--- The cylons are just beginning to understand love. Leoben = Posessive/obsessive love; Caprica 6 = somewhat more evolved and compassionate love but still egoistic in its nature; Sharon = true love, proved by her willingness to sacrifice for her love for Helo.

The fact that we see cylons moving though more dissent among themselves is improtant. Without outside influences, they were uniform. The fact that they don't have names, but used model numbers, indicates to me that some level of individuality was missing. Before, all 6's were like each other enough that they WERE, in some odd way, each other, even with seperate programs and thoughts. They started from the same base programming and personality.

Being exposed to human egoism, human emotion, and seperated from the cylon society starts to change cylon models into individuals. Those individuals come back and further begin to change the others because they now differ in thought from the consensus. The society began as highly altruistic, and I think is shifting, moderately, and the individual is beginning to stand out more and care about their own concerns over that of their societies.

Okay, enough babbling.
                            You are quite right about the preview..I'm not happy that
                            Spoiler:
                            Kara, Sam, Tyrol and Tigh are involved in this. Also, it seems that Kara and Tigh are not getting any help coping with their respective tragedies.

Comment

The command structure questions are interesting - strictly speaking Zarek should be the new president since Baltar isn't around anymore. But Zarek could always step down for Roslin. (Would he though, or would he want a fresh election to make sure the people's voices are heard? And would he run against her?)

Heh, on another forum someone said Roslin's new campaign slogan should be "Remember what happened last time you voted against me?" She'd win for sure.

Comment

R.I.P Pegasus, may another Battlestar like you appear.

Wow, what a great episode!

Comment

Working...
                                X