No announcement yet.

Exodus, Part 1 (303)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm this was basicly set up for next weeks episode...it was ok not great but still better than most stuff on tv nowadays

and dear god Lee grow a pair...I swear he must be adopted >

Comment

Originally posted by gateroom View Post
      The saying is do you want some cheese with that whine.
      And your point is?

Did you follow the postings between Titans and myself before commenting on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Vienna View Post
        And your point is?

Did you follow the postings between Titans and myself before commenting on it?
        Yes, however it is the correct way to say it

Comment

I think that most of my feelings on this are that the first part of two parters are always more set up than action, but I often find myself enjoying the first part of two parters more on repeated viewing because there is usually more character moemnts there.

Comment

I also think tonights ep was good. Can't wait for next weeks.
            I lost track of time during the ep, so when it ended I was a little mad.
            Thunk!

Comment

About the "She didn't fall down this time"...

They cut away at the exact point where I think Cally falls down. That's why it's not shown.

Comment

Originally posted by gateroom View Post
                Yes, however it is the correct way to say it
                Okaayy..In what universe would that be?

It is correct in the context that it was written.

Comment

Originally posted by Vienna View Post
                  Okaayy..In what universe would that be?

It is correct in the context that it was written.
                  O.K well Titans doesn't drink wine (or any alcohol for that matter) so the point is mute! Back to calling Lee fat!
                  Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

The "Cally Escapes" scene sure seemed like bad editing to me. She fell/jumped down into a ravine and was escaping that way- below eye level with the cylons and other prisoners. Then suddenly she's running straight for the trees and in the line of fire: level with the cylons.

Either they pulled off one of those stupid editing tricks (You see The Hero drive his car off the cliff, but the next ep you see him jump out of the car before it goes over) or someone screwed around with camera placement to make it look different.

That scene nagged a bit, but all in all I thought it was a great ep. No real quibbles other than the continuing nonsense that is Bizarro Starbuck World. I hope it isn't what it seems. Maybe the kid is actually a cylon clone of Kara- a brand new model cylon, based on her DNA. If so, it's gotta be illicit, 'cos I can't see High Command agreeing to something like that. It'd add whole new dimensions to Leoben's insanity, though.

When did Tyrol have time to shave off that scruff on his face? And why'd he do it? Preparing for the rescue, maybe? You'd think one of the others would comment on it...

Comment

It was good, does this mean miss Tigh will go bye bye.

What she didn't seem to realise is that you can same a man without saving his pricables also
                      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Ellen might not be the only one not long for this world...

Spoiler:
                        Every time Roslyn emphasised to Anders that the safety of this child is paramount, I got chills. Sam even asked if it came down to the Cylons getting close, and it is her or them...Roslyn replied to Sam to not let them get that close. It seem she would be okay if he sacrificed himself to save Hera.

Comment

So what's with the weird vibe between Helo and Dee? Please don't tell me she's going hunting again, trying to find a stronger, fitter man to bed.

I get that it was a meeting of equals- Adama's 2IC to Adama Jr's 2IC, but it still came off as kinda bizarre to me.

I don't need any more reason to hate Dee, but I don't wanna hate Helo, too.

Hopefully next week will alleviate concerns and prove I'm just being paranoid again.

My guess? Ellen won't be killed. Tigh won't be able to do it. But it'll make their already frakked up relationship even more frakked.

Comment

RDM certainly has the 2 parters down pat, first one complete set up, second one all action. I liked the episode but really wanted some action to happen. Next week's look good though.

I'd also like to say that I just really like James Callis performance. Gauis the past two episodes has come off more human than the previous two seasons
                            Last edited by Arative; 13 October 2006, 08:14 PM.

Comment

The Cally mixup was a result of that fact that Precipice and Exodus had two different directors, and they had to re-shoot a lot of the footage for the escape scene; which of course ended up creating one heck of a noticeable continuity error. This was all said on the Podcast, though I don't think RDM noticed the continuity problem.

Comment

Ack, I thought this ep was slow, too slow at times. I could have done without the huge "previously on" segment and I was irked at all the reused footage from last ep's cliffhanger. I thought that Xenabot's discussion with the prophet (?) also dragged too long, even though it was vital to this ep. I'm sure next week's ep will have all the payoff, I just wish this ep had more energy. Other points:

-I enjoyed all of Sharon's scenes, especially her comment about earning her dogtags and her. But does she really trust Adama completely or has Xenabot planted doubt? Guess we'll find out next ep.

-I liked the ceremony shared between the piloting crew before the mission. It was a quick and poignant glimpse into the culture/religion of the Colonies.

-I was hoping for a bit more of the Starbuck plotline this ep, but all we got was a short scene of bonding between her and Casey. Hard to tell if she really has some feelings for the child or if it's all a ploy to play Leoban. Another plotline that's going to come to a head next ep.

-Sucks to be Ellen Tigh. Should be interesting to see if they kill her as a traitor or if Tigh just can't do it. I liked how they focused on his one eye in the two scenes that he shared with her.

-I also felt a bit of Dee/Helo, but I'm sure that wasn't the intent. Unless they're having a sordid cutting room floor affair.

-Blech, not caring about Baltar's woes any more. His character has stagnated since the premiere, but maybe that's the point of his "govt in name only" (GINO, heh).

Originally posted by titans
                                O.K well Titans doesn't drink wine (or any alcohol for that matter) so the point is mute! Back to calling Lee fat!
                                I think it's safe to say that Lee has had a LOT of cheese to go with his whine.

Comment

Working...
                                X