Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
    I meant real death not that cylon pseudo-resurrection thingy
    What is real death for a Cylon then? Do they have to be boxed to have a real death?

Comment

Originally posted by wontgetfooledagain View Post
      What is real death for a Cylon then? Do they have to be boxed to have a real death?
      real death? simple: killed without download (like for example 'cause there's no resurrection ship close enough)

like what happened to that Leoben-type cylon in the miniseries

Comment

It's been awhile since I saw the miniseries. How do we know he didn't get downloaded? And if they know how not to be downloaded, why don't they try a little harder?

Comment

leoben told adama he'd download if killed & Adama said the nebula they were in would prevent the signal from transmitting to wherever it is they upload, and leoben said nothing, he knew he'd been pwned

also there's these 2 old-man-type cylons in Galactica's brig (end of season 2, lay down your burdens), Roslin had them thrown out of the airlock (so they could find out if there was a cylon god or not hehe) - this happened after the resurrection ship was destroyed so chances are the 2 cylons were too far away from the next resurrection base to be able to download
          That's why Roslin had them thrown out actually - she knew they'd be killed for good

Comment

original versions as in models or non-downloaded bodies? There are 12 models, but I suppose many many more "original" copies of each model...also since the cylons believe in their one god who's supposed to reward them at death I suppose they don't fear death that much
            No, not models, I know there are 12, but there must have been a finite number of each model originally created. Those originals each have the capability of downloading into a new body at death, unless prevented. So if you start off with, say, 100 of each model, and they are losing numbers by being prevented from downloading.....you get the picture? You could have an infinite number of bodies available, but you have to have something to download into them.

Spoiler:
            "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
            ---Bill Adama

Comment

Yes very good very plausable theory, Cavil is probably having 'compatiblity' issues its like shoving a triangle shaped peg through a circle shaped opening you have to force it in so it fits.

Comment

Originally posted by Back40 View Post
                No, not models, I know there are 12, but there must have been a finite number of each model originally created. Those originals each have the capability of downloading into a new body at death, unless prevented. So if you start off with, say, 100 of each model, and they are losing numbers by being prevented from downloading.....you get the picture? You could have an infinite number of bodies available, but you have to have something to download into them.
                bah, 10 to 1 the cylons know human physiology even better than humans themselves and they can grow new cylon human bodies relatively quickly (heck maybe even use accelerated growth)

Comment

bah, 10 to 1 the cylons know human physiology even better than humans themselves and they can grow new cylon human bodies relatively quickly (heck maybe even use accelerated growth)

I think that you may have missed Back40's point. It doesn't matter how many bodies you have available if the "conciousness" is being lost and is not downloading.

Comment

Originally posted by Berg417448 View Post
                    I think that you may have missed Back40's point. It doesn't matter how many bodies you have available if the "conciousness" is being lost and is not downloading.
                    Thank you, thank you, thank you......

Spoiler:
                    "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
                    ---Bill Adama

Comment

At what point do the Cylons begin to feel the loss and react to preserve themselves? Is that what the Six meant when she said they didn't have the resources - they're losing too many original versions?
                      So back to the original question, assuming that we may have limited numbers of "consciousnesses" (if that's even a word ).

Spoiler:
                      ---Bill Adama

Comment

Originally posted by Berg417448 View Post
                        nope I reckon u missed mine - what I meant was, if they can quickly grow new cylon-humans then surely they can quickly grow new cylon humans and give them personas (only a question of programming) ie. each with their distinct "personalities" & prefabricated memories. In which case there would be many "original" cylon humans too

back 2 Back40's question about what is the threshold in their numbers below which they begin to "panic" - guess only the writers can answer that

Comment

Ok...thats clearer.

Comment

Much clearer

Spoiler:
                            ---Bill Adama

Comment

nope I reckon u missed mine - what I meant was, if they can quickly grow new cylon-humans then surely they can quickly grow new cylon humans and give them personas (only a question of programming) ie. each with their distinct "personalities" & prefabricated memories. In which case there would be many "original" cylon humans too
                              So the purpose of downloading would be....continuity? learning? something along that line....

Spoiler:
                              ---Bill Adama

Comment

So the purpose of downloading would be....continuity? learning? something along that line....
                                yup learning - like Boomer said "death becomes experience"

(also cf. episode 2x15 Scar)

Comment

Working...
                                X