Occupation/Precipice (301-302)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    I would hope that his fans retain enough rationality to know that it's only a fat suit and that eventually the flab will go away. I would also hope that they'd have enough of a sense of humor to appreciate the irony of the situation.
    Yes, I do see the irony. No one is perfect. No one is left undamaged. Yes, it is more shocking to have Apollo show weakness. Funny? Not in context of the show. Maybe in fandom.
    Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by Ham
      So long as it equally presents both sides of an issue and doesn't get preachy, I'm cool with it.
      Ah, but that's just the thing: I feel that it IS getting too preachy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
        That was intense. I was so frustrated, I wanted to join the resistance. I was a little uncomfortable with the parallels to what is going on in the world today. There is nothing held back in this series.
        I drew the same parallels and was a bit turned off by them. Just give me some action, adventure, great CGI, and a dose of comic relief once in awhile and leave real-world political terms back in the 20th century where they belong. If I detect a political agenda with TPTB, I'll have to quit watching what would otherwise be an excellent show.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane
          lol i read that the fat suit is only staying until the 4th episode or so from Telvesion Without Pity's BSG Character discussion board
          AWWWW T_T as soon as he becomes skinny again the Lee fangirls are going to get so much fanservice its not even going to be funny -_-

*why is it he is the only male character to have his shirt off constently one way or anouther....*

Comment

Originally posted by Chig
            See how they get you subliminally into the drama!!! Sneaky frakkers!
            Thanks. At first I thought it was just a budget thing. Now I know they are subliminally controlling my psyche.

Tricky aren't they. Notice the parralels between last seasons finale scene of the Cylon Centurions walking down the main pathway and news footage of the Nazis marching down the Champs d Elise??
            Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Ah well, then I can understand your frustration.

Comment

So? Let it preach. It might make us all think a little. There's nothing wrong with preachyness as long as you have a enough of a mind to form your own opinions.
                Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Originally posted by hardcore_Tigh
                  not to mention some issues.... BUT where did the steaks, and more importantly the cigarettes come from?!?!
                  Rat. The other red meat.

Comment

Originally posted by david3565
                    Except when insurgent leaders start sending those teenage girls to blow up other teenage girls in night clubs and on buses.
                    I'm not saying I believe in them, I'm probably more of Roslin's position than anything else. But when it comes down to it as a pracitcal matter you can not stop a tactic like suicide bombing with military force. You have to do with hearts and minds.

Whether one approves of the war or not, I think there a bit of a difference between these fictional NCP and the Iraqi police serving a government that is made up a represenatives they voted in, based on a constitution they drafted and voted on, and enforcing laws that they are now passing themselves.
                    But wouldn't the NCP say that they are serving the government that they legitimately elected a year ago? You know, the one that they voted Laura Roslin out of office to form?

Comment

Well I liked the entire episode. I really didn't think about the real world parallels until I read the comments in this thread. I just watched it for what it is... A Show. A very good and intense show. I was into it so much, that my arm pits started sweating.

But now that I have the real world parallels active in my mind. It made me think about what's going on in Iraq. Imma B.R.A.T., tried to serve myself. I will always love & support our troops. But seeing how the colonialist have been pushed to the limit. Can you really blame them for using any means necessary? Here they were struggling to survive, but making it do what it do & here come the Cylons wanting to live in peace. Should of stayed their asses at home. Then there would be peace. But we wouldn't have a SHOW. So I will just watch it for what it is. A show. I'm watching the replay & I do have a problem with the fact that I said "YEAH!!!" both times I saw Duck follow through with the suicide bombing...

PS - The actual line was...
                      "NOW TURN AROUND & GET YOUR FAT ASS OUTTA HERE!!!"
                      That was funny as hell...
                      Thunk!

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                        I drew the same parallels and was a bit turned off by them. Just give me some action, adventure, great CGI, and a dose of comic relief once in awhile and leave real-world political terms back in the 20th century where they belong. If I detect a political agenda with TPTB, I'll have to quit watching what would otherwise be an excellent show.
                        The show for you is one we're both familiar with: SG-1. Or possibly Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by titans
                          So? Let it preach. It might make us all think a little. There's nothing wrong with preachyness as long as you have a enough of a mind to form your own opinions.
                          "Preachiness," the way most people mean it, is when a show rams something down your throat with out respecting your intelligence or presenting the counterpoint in a compelling manner. Something can make a powerful statement in an intelligent manner and even do it bluntly, with out making me feel stupid for not holding the same opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Scyld
                            Rat. The other red meat.
                            I've lived in some cities, and NEVER have I seen a rat that yielded that kind of steak; mmmmm. some might say, "exotic tenderloin"

Comment

Originally posted by titans
                              When the preaching overrides the storylines and becomes less about the show and more about the agenda of TPTB, I have a problem with that. You don't have to agree with that, but it's how I feel and when I'm dragged kicking and screaming out of a good story just to see a damn soapbox, I resent it.

Again, you don't have to agree, but that's how I feel about it.

Comment

"Preachiness," the way most people mean it, is when a show rams something down your throat with out respecting your intelligence or presenting the counterpoint in a compelling manner. Something can make a powerful statement in an intelligent manner and even do it bluntly, with out making me feel stupid for not holding the same opinion.

Hey, one thing about this show, they will switch things up on you in a future episode. They also provide point of view from several angles.

Comment

Working...
                                X