No announcement yet.

Daybreak, Part 3 (421)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to see you enjoyed the finale Many people hate it, I loved it. Yeah, some things I would've done different, but overall it was a very satisfying ending to the series. What were your favourite episodes?
    Mia: Don't you hate that?
    Vincent: Hate what?
    Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
    Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
    Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
    - Pulp Fiction

Comment

I loved the last 4 episodes of Galactica and must admit the ending was good.....
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

where have you taken us kara' 'insert fanfare'

earth baby still love that scene
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          where have you taken us kara' 'insert fanfare'

earth baby still love that scene
          The scripted response to the "where have you taken us" line, from Starbuck: "Somewhere along the watchtower."

However, the director (I believe it was Michael Rymer) hated that line so much that he didn't shoot it.
          sigpic
          Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
            The scripted response to the "where have you taken us" line, from Starbuck: "Somewhere along the watchtower."

However, the director (I believe it was Michael Rymer) hated that line so much that he didn't shoot it.
            i know and i'm glad it was taken out the silence was a great transition to seeing earth

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post

They did try to shoot it, but they couldn't get through the line without either Katee Sackhoff or Mary McDonnell bursting out laughing at how bad a line it was. So it never got done (thank the gods). The story is in the season 4 features somewhere.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It seems this was as much of a love it or hate it finale from the posts in this thread as it was from friends I've discussed it with. I loved the show as a whole but after 4 seasons of top notch drama and building so much mystery and story arc, wrapping a bow labelled "God did it" around a half dozen loose ends seemed a bit of a cop out to me.
                "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

Originally posted by titans View Post
                  Kara died on the nuclear wasteland earth. She came back as an angel like Head Six and Baltar to lead humanity to the real earth. That simple.

Good job Ron Moore. Good frackin job!
                  Are you sure about this? The ship she was on when she found herself dead, wasn't that the ship she left BG on? Is it possible she ascended after that accident instead of 2,000 years ago? Besides, I thought only Cylons fought against Cylons in that nuclear war on "earth."
                  - The Truth is Out There!

Comment

Originally posted by Huaracocha View Post
                    It seems this was as much of a love it or hate it finale from the posts in this thread as it was from friends I've discussed it with. I loved the show as a whole but after 4 seasons of top notch drama and building so much mystery and story arc, wrapping a bow labelled "God did it" around a half dozen loose ends seemed a bit of a cop out to me.
                    I tend to agree........

I also hated that I had to pay twice to watch season 4. Sneaky buggers making that in two parts instead of one box set

Comment

I guess this thread is as good as any to comment how much I love this series! After seeing the finale (and drying my eyes) I immediately wanted to start a re-watch. To me that shows how much I really enjoyed BSG.

Still not exactly sure if I liked the ending or not. Losing some characters, Galactica's final jump, naming this planet Earth, new beginnings - all of it was awesome and truly moving. Not even the God-vibe doesn't bother, because that's been present from the beginning. This Earth's (or whatever names you use to distinguish Earths ) human race being so primitive and the crew living among them didn't exactly sit right.

Now thinking about it, remembering how moved I was... I'm going with 'like'. Having a real closure is a big plus. Up until the final episode I had thought the fleet represented humans in the future, but actually it was in the past.

Wonderful series, characters, drama, everything. I can't praise it enough.
                      sigpic

Comment

But if the fleet lived with the natives. Here's a huge question.

How did humans "unlearn" things like forget about technology and basically go primitive and then rebuild from scratch to go full circle back to the present day?

I don't get that.

Comment

Well, some scientists may have known how to put together this piece of technology and how it works, but without necessary equipment, they can't build it anyways. But more primitive beyond that... beats me.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                            But if the fleet lived with the natives. Here's a huge question.

How did humans "unlearn" things like forget about technology and basically go primitive and then rebuild from scratch to go full circle back to the present day?

I don't get that.
                            maybe the primitive humans just weren't evolved enough to understand and carry on the information. and maybe god made it that way so humans wouldn't evolve to quickly and thus start the cycle again. as of right now his plans worked WE haven't made AI robots and proabaly never will.

you have to remember that in the context of the story this was gods plan to finally stop cycle of death, rebirth, death, rebirth. to finally get humans to live with there hearts and not let technlogy take over.

Comment

One thing i wish they would have added to the final scene's is some kind of mention to genetic memory. Because the ending doesn't explain how cultural references and religious beliefs of a long dead civilization managed to resurface roughly 146,000 years later.

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
                                One thing i wish they would have added to the final scene's is some kind of mention to genetic memory. Because the ending doesn't explain how cultural references and religious beliefs of a long dead civilization managed to resurface roughly 146,000 years later.
                                I was thinking the same thing but my Kooky mind wondered if maybe "wouldn't it be super cool if BSG actually were true for real and Ron D Moore and Co. just tapped into some kind of race memory .... Something in the subconscious?

Wouldn't that be cool?

Also on a related note in the USA was season 4 sold as a single set? Over here we had it split in two halves ...... And most of the seasons had bugger all in terms of special features. I hate living in region 4 because the DVD makers are cheapskates

Comment

Working...
                                X