Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    55 members viewing and hardly any posting
    Guess there's a lot of reading to do first.

Comment

There are secrets within eyes
      answers within riddles.
      Lay off the ACS
      you betcha Galen

Open your mind and hear what your heart wants to deny.
      End of line.

Best line in it.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
        There are secrets within eyes
        answers within riddles.
        Lay off the ACS
        you betcha Galen

Open your mind and hear what your heart wants to deny.
        End of line.

Best line in it.
        I never caught that lol.

Comment

I really liked the first 1hr. The part where the Opera House visions really started to tie in gave me shivers....

.... and then it fell apart.
          The Earth switcharoo really annoys me.
          Out of all the scifi options that RDM had in front of him he goes with Angels and Intelligent Design??
          Starbuck just vanishes? Seriously?
          Aparently Starbucks precious ultimate destiny was to enter some fraking jump coordintes? Seems like that could be done by somebody else! Frak, get Hera to do it!
          Starbuck died to lead the Colonials to "Earth" and this "Earth" is discarded as a crappy plot device that drove the story for 3 fraking seasons?!
          Hera, being all important, gets too little screentime and story devoted to her.
          The Galactica sailing off into the sun? What a weak ending for the warship that should have gone out in a blaze of glory.

Whatever happened to Pythia? It seemed like a huge plot device early on and then all but vanished.
          Why the hell did Roslin live so damned long anyway?

You couldn't convince me to get off those spaceships and go live with primitive man in a million years!

I knew the Angels were coming. The cycle of time etc. I can deal with and accept if it was presented a bit better.

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
            seems there was a final episode interview people that hopefully explains a few things

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/sc...e-got-answers/
            That was a good Q&A article. Thanks for that.

Comment

All the action on the colony was the best part. It had some good stuff and then some bad stuff. I loved the 150,000 years ago twist. It was a nice nod to the original "life here began out there" line. And the stuff with the robots at the end was funny but also cheesy.

The way the Opera House/prophecy stuff was done was ridiculous. A bunch of people caught up in a battle running around chasing this little kid... I know it was an integral part of the overall plot, but that doesn't make it good.

The CGI was back and forth too. One minute you see this awesome shot of the Galactica slamming into the colony busting thru a wall in movie quality, the next minute there's a bunch of metal Cylons flopping around with the quality of Star Wars: Clone Wars.

The last 40 minutes perfectly sum up everything wrong with the series for me. It was slooooooowwwww. Way too slow. (and choppy) Daybreak pt 1-3 could've easily been cut down to Daybreak pt 1 & 2. (And the series as a whole to about 3 and 1/2 seasons)
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Such a bad episode

Comment

Yeah, they definitely underused Leoben, he just sort of disappeared into the mist.

They killed Racetrack, but at least she made it to the last episode.

Old style cylons were neat.

The way Doral just walked up and started shooting was quite something. One issue I had was that this was probably the first time that the bad-guy skinjobs had been in combat without the possibility or resurrection tech behind them. I would have thought that they might be a lot more scared about that and be at a disadvantage compared to trained and veteran marines and crew.

Amazing that Helo survived - it really looked like he was a goner. But hey, now they're right back to the way they were in Season one. Sharon walking around with Helo walking with a cane.

Can't understand Cavil's motivation for shooting himself.

Great to see Tori get what's coming to her.

Loved Cavil's comment to Simon about "stating the completely obvious... it fills me with confidnece." What a great critique of some of the science fiction cliches.

What the heck ever happened with Paula and Baltar's harem.... and what was the significance of arming them?

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
                    seems there was a final episode interview people that hopefully explains a few things

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/sc...e-got-answers/
                    Thanks for posting that.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

One of the biggest surprise I think for me was what heroes that Caprica and Baltar ended up being. Not so much her but Baltar certainly. They who caused the annihilation of mankind, what an irony.

Baltar's speech in the CiC to Cavil explains a lot of what head baltar and 6 are and what God or Gods are. Forces of nature, meant to guide. They are neither good nor evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                        One of the biggest surprise I think for me was what heroes that Caprica and Baltar ended up being. Not so much her but Baltar certainly. They who caused the annihilation of mankind, what an irony.

Baltar's speech in the CiC to Cavil explains a lot of what head baltar and 6 are and what God or Gods are. Forces of nature, meant to guide. They are neither good nor evil.
                        I didn't really care for the religious aspect.

Am I the only one that thought the way the Baltar "angel" made that little remark about "it" not liking to be called "god" sounded like a Xenu reference? Secret Scientology ninja show
                        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                          I didn't really care for the religious aspect.

Am I the only one that thought the way the Baltar "angel" made that little remark about "it" not liking to be called "god" sounded like a Xenu reference? Secret Scientology ninja show
                          I don't think the it reference was about xenu. It was more that, what ever was guiding things wasn't a God in the sense of the Cylon God, the Lords of Kobol, God of the Bible. It just was, as Baltar described a force of nature.

Comment

Watcher interview, always worth a read

Comment

It's not so much religious as it is spiritual, I reckon. Though of course some may say they're the same things.

Comment

What happened to the rebel cylons and their baseship?

Comment

Working...
                                X