Daybreak, Part 3 (421)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vala_Hala View Post
    So sad its over. But I think its going to be one of my all time favorite series to re-watch over and over.

So say we all...
    In a strange way, the series never ends. Yes no new episodes are made, but you just keep watching the series from Night 1 - Miniseries to Daybreak Pt3, and rinse and repeat...

"All this has happened before, and all of this will happen again."

Comment

so in the kobal opera house that must have been the place where the 13 tribes decided to split ways and take a new path.

just like the cylons and humans did in the CIC
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I thought when Adama was taking Roslin into the rapter that he was going to jump away and fly into the sun or something with her, so he wouldn't have to live with out her.

Was a cool scene though of him leaving Galatica in the viper. A good fitting end to the old girl.

Comment

Originally posted by KhaosNite13 View Post
          In a strange way, the series never ends. Yes no new episodes are made, but you just keep watching the series from Night 1 - Miniseries to Daybreak Pt3, and rinse and repeat...

"All this has happened before, and all of this will happen again."
          the way i'm looking at it

where daybreak ends we begin. the series shows us how we came to be and we know our past now and we can't make the same mistakes again

hope that make sense

Comment

I don't know if I could re-watch the series again. Maybe the 2 hour show this fall: The Plan, but the entire series? Man that's just too much for me to handle. I couldn't get drawn back in now that I know whats going to happen. The thrill of watching BSG the first time when it aired was that edge of the seat suspense at parts, the raw emotion at other times, and the curve ball plot developments RDM threw at us. I loved every frakking second of the series.... from the mini-series to Six and Baltar walking down the sidewalk in NYC.
            "Thats O'Neill with TWO L's!"
            *Jack holds up three fingers*
            ------------------------------
            Anubis' Jaffa: "No matter what you've previously endured. You have no idea what Anubis is capable of."
            Jack: "You ended that sentence with a preposition..... Bastard!"

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              so in the kobal opera house that must have been the place where the 13 tribes decided to split ways and take a new path.

just like the cylons and humans did in the CIC
              i think this was more about the message from god via the angels... Visions of what was to come in each of the four participants lives.

I loved the idea that Galactica and the CIC were the Opera House. And really, that's another meta moment, as this is 'space opera' (Though RDM has said he wanted to take the opera out of space opera) and what was the name of the opera house? Battlestar Galactica.

Loved it. And can't wait for The Plan. I was actually thinking that they could do that right when they jumped into the colony and were getting pounded since I was curious what Cavil was thinking right at that moment. Awesome.

ETA: but you know what, I re-watched Kobol's Last Gleaming part 2 and it does occur to me that the opera house vision was triggered on Kobol when head six led him there... so I guess you're right!
              Last edited by langdonboom; 20 March 2009, 08:23 PM.

Comment

I always think it's GREAT how the March Madness game on right now had one of the CBS talking heads say "Ron Moore, just threw up another 3!" haha. he sure did.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson View Post
                  Holy.....frakkin'.....COW!!!! Glued to the TV the whole 2 hours!!! What a RUSH!!!!

Kara was an angel!!! The whole time! Was totally taken by surprise with that one. I even cried when Lee let her go. Kinda bittersweet. So....everyone.....saw Kara as an angel? Or...was she just in Lee's head?

I cried also when Laura passed away.

So....they landed on prehistoric Earth....and created human civilization.

I'm glad to see Helo survived. I love to see him and Athena and Hera together as a family again. That was sweet.

Cried also when Kara said her goodbye to Sam.

And......Galactica DID go down in a blaze of glory into the sun. That was a nice touch.

Wow! I'm still just blown away. I think that was their best since the pilot. Great way to end a series.
                  I never had the time to register and finally I did! Work and the majority of the first 3 and half was overseas in Germany. What kept me connected was iTunes until NBC disconnected.

I agree will you! Still sad to see the show sign off!

SO SAY WE ALL!

Comment

Originally posted by langdonboom View Post
                    i think this was more about the message from god via the angels... Visions of what was to come in each of the four participants lives.

I loved the idea that Galactica and the CIC were the Opera House. And really, that's another meta moment, as this is 'space opera' (Though RDM has said he wanted to take the opera out of space opera) and what was the name of the opera house? Battlestar Galactica.

Loved it. And can't wait for The Plan. I was actually thinking that they could do that right when they jumped into the colony and were getting pounded since I was curious what Cavil was thinking right at that moment. Awesome.

i would have loved to see cavils face when the flaeet jumped in

we;'ve destroyed the fuel mine in season 1

season 4 the hub

he must have thought the humans had lost it trying to attack the colony

Comment

i also wouldn't be surprised if ron wins another Peabody award for daybreak

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                        i also wouldn't be surprised if ron wins another Peabody award for daybreak
                        I think a lot of people involved with BSG need to win a lot of awards!

Comment

seems there was a final episode interview people that hopefully explains a few things

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/sc...e-got-answers/

Comment

That was a wonderful roller coaster ride! A few things that I was happy to see:

Glad to have the questions about Starbuck finally answered. An angel!

And she wasn't the only angel. Although some of the suggestions that Head Six and Head Baltar had whispered into the corresponding ear weren't exactly heavenly in tone.

That the Colonials ended up here on our Earth was a nice twist. But that they ended up in a beautiful place with not sign of Centurions (for at least 150,000 years) was one of my great hopes for the ending. They had all earned that clean slate.

Although I was sorry to see the damage done to Galactica in the final jump, it seemed so fitting that she would be sacrificed, along with the rest of the fleet to 'cover the tracks' of the Colonials. The old girl gave her all seeing her crew to a safe haven.

Over all, I thought it was a fitting ending to a satisfying series. I am sorry to see it over.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
                              indeed

I wanted a Leoben/Kara scene

since for most of the series he harped on about her special destiny yet he says nothing to her in the final episode

EXACTLY! I thought he would have something to say on that subject, and I expected him to know or have some insight. It was just a red herring, or a loose end RDM forgot to tie up.

Comment

55 members viewing and hardly any posting

Comment

Working...
                                X