Daybreak, Part 3 (421)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
    Unless of course they got cocky and tried to create their own artificial life...
    or it could explain UFO's maybe the Centurions are checking up on earth.

and what about the rest of the human cylon models ????

there was more then what we saw in the fleet
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn Mallory View Post
      Hera must have something in her blood that allows her offsprings to be fitter to survive. That's not out of the question.

Up until that point at the end, I was slightly annoyed by how unimportant Hera had become AFTER all that effort to rescue her.
      Well she is a half human/half cylon, so I would say she has something in her blood. She was the future of them all.

I guess in the context of her being the mitochondrial eve, that she was the oldest skeleton found with the specific Human/Cylon genetic markers. The humans that bred with Cylon's would have had the same off markers. Those markers are what made them modern humans.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
        5) To put it in Stargate terms, think of Cylon blood as the Ancient gene. She was the first human/cylon hybrid, but there were enough skinjobs that went down to Earth that by the modern day, most humans would have at least some Cylon blood in them. Her remains were those that were discussed in the article RDM was reading.
        And from the article, Ron Moore got the idea that, what if, this Mitochondrial Eve was actually a human from an older human race, who found Earth and settled there 150,000 years ago? And then he thought, hey, maybe I can make a story out of a group of humans who were forced from their original homeworld, and settled here eventually? And THEN he thought, hey, that sounds like Battlestar Galactica...I wonder if the SciFi network is looking to reboot series, because I have a great idea on how to make it different! I should so go and pitch them this, a new Battlestar Galactica! It'll be darker and edgier!

And a few months/a year later, the miniseries premiers...

All this has happened before, and will happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          so there are people walking around on earth with cylon blood in their veins
          I hope I am one of them. Being partial Cylon would be sweet.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Espeon1962 View Post
            And poor Gauis crushed at the end that he was going to have to go back to that which he hated and had done everything to escape (farming) but the joy that he was going to be doing it with the woman he loved. That was cool.
            Some irony in that isn't there? all that running away just to wind up exactly where he started.

Comment

I just remembered something

am I the only person not happy at the grand total of ONE SCENE Leoben got in this episode?

we havnt seen him since he ran off after seeing Starbucks body and he gets a grand total of ONE scene in the shows final episode and it wasnt even on Earth!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                I hope I am one of them. Being partial Cylon would be sweet.
                your from a leoben

Comment

Originally posted by TheChosen1 View Post
                  The purpose of life is to live it and create it. We create our lives in various forms and our bodies are just mere extensions of our selves and the machines that we help to incorporate our activities and daily work. We humans live to create, we are always creating.

TheChosen1
                  Man. That was deep! But anymay, freaking amazing episode!!!!!!! Quite possibly the best series finale ive seen to date!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
                    I just remembered something

am I the only person not happy at the grand total of ONE SCENE Leoben got in this episode?

we havnt seen him since he ran off after seeing Starbucks body and he gets a grand total of ONE scene in the shows final episode and it wasnt even on Earth!
                    When he came on screen, my first thought was : Where the hell have you been?? Now you show up??

Comment

i also enjoyed the filming location for earth

it was a nice changed from being stuck in small ships to wide open Africa

Comment

Originally posted by STC View Post
                        Some irony in that isn't there? all that running away just to wind up exactly where he started.
                        No I thought it was a release of all the shame he felt about being from 'farm people' and he's had to go through all of this insanity to be at peace with his origins, and he's finally there.

It was so moving that moment, when he said that, it broke me up right along with him.

Comment

Originally posted by STC View Post
                          When he came on screen, my first thought was : Where the hell have you been??
                          indeed

I wanted a Leoben/Kara scene

since for most of the series he harped on about her special destiny yet he says nothing to her in the final episode

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            your from a leoben
                            I don't much mind that thought at all.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Wow, what a great ending. I don't even remember the last time I saw something that good on tv in a long, long, long time.

Was I the only one surprised to see Helo ALIVE at the end? Maybe I missed something, but I thought he died during the attack! Glad to see he made it to earth =).

In fact, I loved just about everything! Twas great to see everybody redeem themselves by the end of the series.

I had a good guess they would find Earth 2.0 by the end (well, either that or everyone died, haha), but I was surprised they were 150,000 years in the past!

And did Rosland really have to die? It was pretty obvious that Galactica was the "dying leader," not Rosland. So I was hoping to the end that she would somehow be "better" by the end. Oh well. I just felt awful for Adama. After all the stuff he had to put up with over the years, he deserved a happy ending with the one he loves.

Great ending though. Really made up for the disaster that was Season 3!
                              Last edited by saxamoophone; 20 March 2009, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Holy.....frakkin'.....COW!!!! Glued to the TV the whole 2 hours!!! What a RUSH!!!!

Kara was an angel!!! The whole time! Was totally taken by surprise with that one. I even cried when Lee let her go. Kinda bittersweet. So....everyone.....saw Kara as an angel? Or...was she just in Lee's head?

I cried also when Laura passed away.

So....they landed on prehistoric Earth....and created human civilization.

I'm glad to see Helo survived. I love to see him and Athena and Hera together as a family again. That was sweet.

Cried also when Kara said her goodbye to Sam.

And......Galactica DID go down in a blaze of glory into the sun. That was a nice touch.

Wow! I'm still just blown away. I think that was their best since the pilot. Great way to end a series.
                                sigpic
                                Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Working...
                                X