No announcement yet.

Daybreak, Part 3 (421)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Finalie! I was blown away by it all. Nice to see that everyone's roles were explained.

Favorite Moments: Just about the entire episode, but to name a few

Anders hooked up in CIC,
    Tyrol Killing the frakker known as Tori,
    Galactica Ramming the colony,
    The centurions duking it out among themselves (nice to see the old ones also)
    Six and Baltar seeing their angelic counterparts,
    Watchtower being used as jump corrdinates,
    Anders taking Galactica into the sun.
    Anders knowing he will see Kara once she leaves lee's side on Our Earth.
    Knowing that 150.000 years ago there was a Battlestar named Galactica.
    Seeing RDM in NY. (Oh NY, I've never been to you, but everyone uses you in films)
    Head Baltar and Head Six on Earth.
    Knowing that the Centurions are still out there somewhere.
    Roslin dying in the raptor, very heart wrenching.
    Gauis using his fathers farming knowledge to make a home for him and caprica.
    The final scenes where we are shown humanities building "cylons" of their own.

Not so favorite moments,

Roslin's Flashbacks
    Very little possibility of anyone on our earth finding remains of ancient Colonial technology. (except for raptors)

That has to be it.
    Ani Ohev Eretz Yisrael V'Chol Hakavod L'Tzahal.
    -----------------------------------------------
    I support Israel, my home, and my Jewish bretheren fully and with all my heart. I wish everyone I know in Tzahal health and safety!

Is loving the best addition to the Stargate Saga, known as Universe!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
      Nothing really special about this final...

I've seen better.

I agree

Starbuck and Hera were basically useless. Aside from Hera drawing the song notes and Starbuck typing them in. Which any of those final five could have and should have figured out.

Comment

Originally posted by Berg417448 View Post
        That was Head Six and Head Baltar.
        aka Angels of God.
        "Thats O'Neill with TWO L's!"
        *Jack holds up three fingers*
        ------------------------------
        Anubis' Jaffa: "No matter what you've previously endured. You have no idea what Anubis is capable of."
        Jack: "You ended that sentence with a preposition..... Bastard!"

Comment

Originally posted by MrBojangles View Post
          aka Angels of God.
          and god is whatever you want him to be
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by quade_1 View Post
            Was that also an angel Viper she brought back with her?? Still more questions, who sent the angels, who is this "god", and why wouldn't they explain the head people?
            Like I said angels can do whatever they want...they're angels...as for "who is this god" thats for you to figure out on your own bubbles.
            Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightspore View Post
              Well, I admit I'm a bit slow here, so can you answer the questions 'cause I have the same questions. At the end when we saw Gaius and Six, where they real or what? How could Gaius be around 150,000 years later?
              Those were the angels that Caprica and Baltar saw in their heads. Caprica and Baltar would have died like 149,950 years ago.

The way that you know they were the Head Six and Head Baltar (angels) is because they are talking about humanity on Kobol, the 12 colonies, old Earth and now new Earth. They are millions of years old.

And I'm pretty sure they could take form. You could see people looking at them and walking around them as they walked down the sidewalk.

Comment

It was mostly a satisfying ending (much to my relief...since this does influence the rewatchability of the show). I'm not sure how much I like the supernatural/god/whatever-it-is aspect of it but that part was clearly unavoidable (and fairly clearly going to have some important roles for years).

Some level of vagueness is the hallmark of all great work of arts (and part of the reason why I personally am not THAT into art). The whole Starbuck (so her father was Daniel? but even then how could the location of "Earth" be imprinted on Starbuck, Hera, etc.) question just adds to that.
                I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

And poor Gauis crushed at the end that he was going to have to go back to that which he hated and had done everything to escape (farming) but the joy that he was going to be doing it with the woman he loved. That was cool.
                  ---------------------
                  sigpic
                  Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

I thought most things were answered pretty well. I guess Starbuck was an angel? Head 6 and head Baltar were God's representatives.

I really thought things were going to end darker thought. When Galatica jumped to the colony was was getting lit up, I figured it would just get blown to hell and there would be a few survivors and that was it.

Seems strange though that just Hera was the mother of all humans. 38000 humans and and unknown number of human Cylons should have been enough to repopulate the planet fairly easily. But it makes sense if she was the first of modern humans.

Overall though I'm pretty pleased with how it ended.

Comment

Heh.

I made a conscious choice to finallly sit down and watch the series 10 weeks ago, wanting to know how it'll end. Up until 2 hours ago, I thought I might've wasted 9 of those weeks, because I was overall underwhelmed by what I saw; especially after all the good words I've heard about this show. Dammit, I could've used that time to get some schoolwork done!

Well, I think I can say with absolute certainty that that's crock. I am VERY glad I stuck to this, because that finale was

AWESOME.

After the tedium of most of Season 4.5, I knew they were setting up for a Grand Finale, and boy I was on the mark. That was just an absolutely STUNNING episode, in many ways. I can only imagine the sheer emtions that are running through the diehard fans right now, since even I got a little misty during the scene when Roslin passed on (see, THAT's the kind of drama and tragedy I like; it's not overplayed, it wasn't forced; it felt REAL, as opposed to some of the other stuff in this series).

They obviously saved the CGI budget for this episode. As usual, there were times when I couldn't make out what the hell was going on, but overall it was just spectacular. There was something surreal seeing Galactica turning before jumping away; I may have only seen a bit of series, but that's the kind of "manuvering" that I never saw. The action sequences following the jump, as well as the ramming, completely blew me away. I was bouncing and waving my arms and shouting "**** yeah" (or some semblance thereof) throughout, so that probably means it was good.

Let's see, what else...oh, the flashbacks actually were relevant in this episode; I especially loved the one near the end of Anders going to his doom while his philosophy was being played over it. Very fitting, very cool. I suppose they needed the setup in the first episode to give these flashbacks more weight, so that's redeemed them in my eyes...mostly. Some of the flashbacks didn't feel like they fit the situation though (why is Roslin having a mid-life crisis important? Couldn't they show her doing something else?).

Why the frack did Cavil shoot himself? That was hilarious. Speaking of hilarious, I actually loved that it was a stray asteroid that managed to save Galactica at the end, by bumping into the dead raptor and causing Racetrack to fire all ordnance. It was like some kind of cosmic joke, but in a good way.

Overall, the first part built great atmosphere and was *****in' with the action sequences, as well as the tension that led up to the opera house "reveal" (still not sure what happened though).

Now, the second part, was just SWEET. I love it when a good plan comes together, and after the pieces came together for the operahouse, and All Along the Watch Tower started playing, I knew another plan was coming full circle. So Kara fulfilled her destiny, the song came back, and it led them to Earth. Again, incredible sequence, with Galactica breaking her back, and then, with smoke trailing, heading straight for Earth; it's something out of summer blockbusters (but with substance).

After that, it was just time to relax and enjoy the...daybreak. They arrive on Earth during prehistoric times, and it was as if the last chapter the viewers have all been waiting for, and pretty much guessed right, came together. Seeing the green fields, and the slightly uptick in mood in the characters, was something very welcoming after the depressingness of every other episode in the series. I knew Roslin's death was coming, but it seemed like it was just her time, so it didn't feel like an ultimate tragedy, though as I said, seeing Adama mourning her was still very emotional for me.

There were no ballistics, no breaking down; Adama knew it was coming as well, mourned her, and made peace with it; I think he made peace with it a long time ago.

All the little character touches at the end were very nice; for once, I wasn't even annoyed by the uttery sugeryness of Helo and Sharon's...relationship. Baltar became a man with a spine, and that was nice to see.

Kara fullfilled her destiny, and went with the wind. I knew that was coming as well, the moment she dropped out of frame as Lee talked about exploring. For once, a lack of a detailed explanation was...pretty good. They were angels, set from God (or someone); I suppose this is the one place they could not really explain, to keep the mystique, and that's fine with me.

And then the very end...I clapped. I knew they were going to jump ahead (thank you Michael Hinman), but I couldn't help but be amused at the small touches they added to it. First, Ron Moore appeared. Then, we find out that Hera is Mitochondrial Eve, and we are treated to the "new" All Along the Watchtower, as well as ROBOTS!!! OH ****!!

I liked that, after all the gloominess, and the philosophy that humans suck and are doomed to repeat the cycle of violence, they end on an optimstic note, saying that, perhaps our lot won't mess up again and continue the cycle; that we may actually rise above it all. That was the one piece missing from BSG all this time, the heart of every worthy story (IMHO), that humans have the chance at redemption, and ultimately, we will have it; and I'm glad they filled that in.

So yeah, brilliant episode. I'm glad I experienced it, and I'm glad Ron Moore and his team delivered, at the end. Definitely one of the best series finales I've seen, along with Avatar: The Last Airbender's (Sozin's Comet) and TNG's (All Good Things...).

Comment

It's a show people... The writers get payed for a reason. If I wanted to use my own imagination I could save some money! Instead you give them praise for giving us something we've had before and will have again and again.

Comment

Originally posted by Espeon1962 View Post
                          And poor Gauis crushed at the end that he was going to have to go back to that which he hated and had done everything to escape (farming) but the joy that he was going to be doing it with the woman he loved. That was cool.
                          i think he was happy about the whole thing

that's how i took it
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Chev's Ron View Post
                            Knowing that the Centurions are still out there somewhere.
                            I'm pretty sure after 150,000 years, the Centurions are out there everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              i think he was happy about the whole thing

that's how i took it
                              same here

that seemed like tears of Joy to me

also is it me or did the ending hint that Japans the reasons earths going to go get get destroyed :3

Comment

God, that was just one of the most excellent endings to a series ever. Actually come to think of it, its about the only one that didn't disappoint in some way at all. I loved the way RDM wrapped up the opera house, totally didn't see that coming, thought it was just spot on. Loved that they managed to entwine the BSGverse with our current day mythos and history. Also liked that they left some things open to speculation - about the nature of God, the angels and Kara - just like Baltar said, sometimes you just have to take a 'leap of faith'. I'm usually one that likes things all wrapped up neatly with a bow and a full instruction manual, but in this case, thats a beautiful way to wrap up matters that really are about faith.

I also totally loved that the music played when they were showing the beauty of earth, was Pascagalia from Kobols Last Gleaming. That tune has always haunted me, and brought me to floods of tears.

So sad its over. But I think its going to be one of my all time favorite series to re-watch over and over.

So say we all...

Comment

Working...
                                X