Daybreak, Part 3 (421)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
    i stand by what i said earlier. the humans lost...you ask why ?

there are still cylons roaming somewhere among the stars.
    there are no humans anymore...were now half cylon half human.

the baseship hybrids were right...kara thrace did lead humanity to an end.
    come back in a couple of hundred years and say that.
    Victories are not neccessarily about utterly defeating the enemy or even walking away the victory in some incredibly huge battle. A victory can be as small and insignificant as just one little aspect of one of the combatants surviving.

I might also point out that you're thinking in very black and white terms when in fact in may be all grey. You've haven't watched Babylon 5 in some time have you? As they say, understanding is a three edged sword - your side, their side and the side of truth.
    The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
      i

come back in a couple of hundred years and say that.
      it's a date you bring the flowers
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

i was reading through the bsg wiki today and it made a good point. hera does dies young so if she's eve maybe she died giving birth??

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
          Given the radiation, probably mutants. Or perhaps the Free Centurions returned to Caprica and they all made a deal...
          it would has been nice if the Centurions went to new caprica picked up the surviors and brought them to earth 2

just wishful thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Ishay View Post
            i was reading through the bsg wiki today and it made a good point. hera does dies young so if she's eve maybe she died giving birth??
            There's no evidence in the finale as to when Hera died. Furthermore, it is only suggested (without definitive proof) that Hera was indeed Mitochondrial Eve.

Comment

There's no evidence in the finale as to when Hera died. Furthermore, it is only suggested (without definitive proof) that Hera was indeed Mitochondrial Eve.
              It's a given that Hera was indeed mitochondrical Eve. Baltar even says "She's resting with her human father and cylon mother". Helo and Sharon that is.

Comment

Originally posted by blitzsnake View Post
                It's a given that Hera was indeed mitochondrical Eve. Baltar even says "She's resting with her human father and cylon mother". Helo and Sharon that is.
                Unless it was EXPLICITY stated then there it is not a hard and fast fact that Hera was mitoEve. If Baltar didn't provide the specific Name of the human and cylon invovled (regardless of which was male and which was female) then it could be any number of children as there would have been multiple pairings of humans with cylons - even human fathers with cylon mothers.

Comment

Yes obviously there is a difference in the calculation of a light year as the combined industrial smoke that the Colonials produced slowly passed through the atmosphere's of their planets eventually causing a pocket of intergalactic smog in the near vicinity of the Colonies. As a result, light passing into that pocket was slowed those causing a Colonial light year to be shorter than a light year elsewhere in the universe.
                  Well because any half intelligence sciencetist would not calculate the speed of light that way, well at the technological level Galactica universe is set in.

They would use a artifical light source place in a vacume an calculate the speed there.

Of cause there length of year may be different, may be if it was several hundred times longer than ours, this then mean a light year be a greater distance than our light year on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                    Of cause there length of year may be different, may be if it was several hundred times longer than ours, this then mean a light year be a greater distance than our light year on earth.
                    What do they even measure as a standard year anyway? They live on twelve different worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                      What do they even measure as a standard year anyway? They live on twelve different worlds.
                      They would have a standard year, probably inherited from the time they were live on Kobol.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                        Well because any half intelligence sciencetist would not calculate the speed of light that way, well at the technological level Galactica universe is set in.

They would use a artifical light source place in a vacume an calculate the speed there.

I had completely forgotten that I had written that. That intergalactic smog must have found its way to between my ears.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7dwOMjpaSc

Battlestar Galactica - The journey is over

amazing video

Comment

It's over?! IT'S OVER???!!! Wha...

Comment

I just watched the extended version of the final 2/3 episodes (Daybreak 1 and 2 (or 1, 2 and 3 depending on your view) it runs for 2 hours 30 minutes), it's got about 20 minutes extras in it but nothing that actually adds to the story, most of the stuff that was cut out was flashback stuff, including Ellen getting up on the dance floor and doing a strip in the club, and we meet, I think, Baltar's younger brother (although he's refered to as the neighbours geeky child, I think he's his Brother), it does bring a whole new light to the scene where Baltar finds Six in his lounge, the hooker had some S&M gear and his brother was there as well LOL.

It does have some extended fight scenes on the colony (between new and old centurians), but doesn't show the colony dropping into the black hole which was the bit I was hoping it had.

I haven't watched it since it aired and forgot what a powerful episode it was, not shy to say it bought a tear to my eye again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                                I just watched the extended version of the final 2/3 episodes (Daybreak 1 and 2 (or 1, 2 and 3 depending on your view) it runs for 2 hours 30 minutes), it's got about 20 minutes extras in it but nothing that actually adds to the story, most of the stuff that was cut out was flashback stuff, including Ellen getting up on the dance floor and doing a strip in the club, and we meet, I think, Baltar's younger brother (although he's refered to as the neighbours geeky child, I think he's his Brother), it does bring a whole new light to the scene where Baltar finds Six in his lounge, the hooker had some S&M gear and his brother was there as well LOL.

It does have some extended fight scenes on the colony (between new and old centurians), but doesn't show the colony dropping into the black hole which was the bit I was hoping it had.

I haven't watched it since it aired and forgot what a powerful episode it was, not shy to say it bought a tear to my eye again.
                                How'd you [legally] get a copy of the extendedd version?

Comment

Working...
                                X