Daybreak, Part 3 (421)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    Personally, I am glad Galen reacted the way he did. She deserved to die for what she had done to his wife.

Yep, Finally Tory is dead, although I blame roslin for why Tory became a *****. Alas.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
      visions happen within galactica daybreak spoilers

Spoiler:
      in the CIC
      inside galactica mirrored the opera house

with the 5 on the upper deck and six and baltar
      elosha said in season one that the leader would have a vision of serpents numbering 2 and 10. not only was it that roslin had the vision...she was even on colonial one so it can't be said that it was because visions happen on galactica.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

ow yeah on a more philosophical note, I forgot to add this : Tricia Helfer seems to get hotter with each ep. one more reason to feel sad about the series ending now :/

Comment

Oh, I remember now... (I keep forgetting to post this...)

I like how whether deliberately or accidentally or unintentionally you can read into the events as being references to other sci-fi works...

-The intermingling with the existing humans (Hitchhiker's)
          -Head-Baltar and Head-Six (Marty and Daniel from Dune)
          -The evolution of humans on multiple planets (2001)
          The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
            how did it remind you of quantum leap, sam beckett never returned home where as kara could rest as she had got them to a new home. Al quit the quantum leap experiment and joined the cylons
            Like I said, im not sure why it made me think that: I guess the idea that some force returned Kara to her place in time, for the specific purpose of ensuring mankinds survival. And while Kara hopefully will rest with anders on the other side; one could argue that like Beckett, she won't get to live with the family she had on Galactica. Besides, didn't you see that blue arc of electricity encircle her before she left?

And Al is simply the head-Cavil: no one but certain people can see him, he can't interact with physical objects and he has knowledge of how things are supposed to be!

Comment

and since this has apparently gone offtopic...
              ...about the beheadings in Saudia Arabia supposedly showing the consequences of peoples' actions - rofl. not really (not for everyone anyway)

Comment

I shall be evil and say Anders was the dying leader.

He was a leader of the resistance and a leader to the cylons...he never stepped on earth.

It said the leader would get people to Earth, but it did not say the person had to lead the whole fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                  Did anyone get the impression that red dress six represented evil (devil with the red dress on) and Baltar (cough, cough) represented good?
                  if that's so I'll choose hell anytime

ok, most of the time

well at least a few times

temptation incarnate. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    she's probably dead already

plus the actress wasn't available
                    que pasó ?

Comment

Originally posted by Vahnman View Post
                      Yep, Finally Tory is dead, although I blame roslin for why Tory became a *****. Alas.
                      Maybe, but she still chose to act as she did. Do the things she did.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Vahnman View Post
                        YOu betcha! Some became tall and black with less hair, Some became tall and white with long wavy hair. Other became short and had almond like eyes. Other became tall and had almond like eyes. Some had red skin which are neither of the usual black or white variety. Lots of evolving!
                        I'm not talking about that. I am talking about greater mental abilities, or physical abilities.
                        Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
                        End of line.

Comment

Originally posted by bfldworker View Post
                          I am no expert in human DNA or Darwinism. But you would figure that over 150 thousand years there would have been evolution to the human race. I mean if the fleet settled on our planet 150 thousand years ago, don't you think there would be physical changes?
                          The kinda evolution that you are thinking about would take longer, of course evolution would have occurred but nothing that majorly changed the human race {mod snip}
                          Last edited by KatG; 22 March 2009, 04:28 AM. Reason: no reason to get nasty
                          I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by BSG Coda View Post
                            The Frakkin’ Finale -- lame ending for an otherwise great show

I understand the appeal of deus ex machina for the writers; it’s an easy way to wrap up loose ends without having to exert much effort. I also understand that the ending will resonate well in the show’s core market. The US is by far the world’s most religious developed nation and an even greater percentage of Americans believe in angels and ghosts than believe in god(s). The prospect of a relatively detached prime-mover deity seconded by angels is a good fit for a disturbingly large percentage of US society.

However, the show used to be anchored by rigorous thought. Unlike the typical sci-fi fare, the command center was buried deep inside the ship instead of out on the vulnerable surface. Characters were defined by realistic emotions. They were conflicted: sometimes brave sometimes cowardly, sometimes rational sometimes emotional, sometimes noble sometimes petty. Even close to the end, and with the fate of two civilizations in the balance, Galen allowed his personal pain and anger to destroy the opportunity for humans and cylons to live in peace.

That was the last real moment in the show. What came afterwards was a load of mushy headed spiritualistic schmaltz. Presto! Angels intercede and everyone suddenly becomes noble and voluntarily reverts to bucolic pre-technological society. What claptrap.

For a show that had been so hard hitting it was embarrassing to see the writers take the coward’s way out. So much of the series dealt with the realistic weight of real responsibility in the real world. But never fear -- there are actually angels out there nudging humanity in the sanctified direction of God’s Plan. And so a great show dissolved into a puddle of spiritualistic dreck.
                            watching the previous episodes might have helped
                            there is only religion therein if you choose to see it. SG pulled off the "pseudo-religious" thing quite well too

also, you know the secrets of the universe ? bloody hell, by all means, share !

Comment

Originally posted by fwupow View Post
                              The biggest news of the night, however, was the apparent dropping of "Caprica" by Sci-Fi. It's going straight to DVD and digital download? I had no idea. It appears that Sci-Fi is going to pick up "Battlestar Galactica: The Plan" instead, if I understood that ad-break promos correctly.
                              Wheres the Link to prove that?? I want to read a creditable source too!
                              sigpic
                              Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

btw tossing those ships - all of them - into the sun : funny idea. especially coming from the same bloke who said he dreamt of "exploring" :/

Comment

Working...
                                X