X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    i'm on 3 too

but the kara lee flash backs are annoying
    i don't think so. it clears up a few things. i mean it could have been said originally that lee liked kara but kara was only interested in lee cos he was so much like zack. now it seems they were into each other from the beginning which makes their relationship throughout the whole series have alot more meaning to it.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
      The point of an eye for an eye is that it is a deterrent. Saudi Arabia holds public beheadings to show that there are consequences for your actions. I refuse to believe that if a person contemplating murder were to see a beheading that they would go ahead with the murder.

Do you honestly believe that we would have the crime rate that we do if people knew that they were putting the life or limb on the line by committing the crime?
      Do you honestly believe that that little children should have to see people's heads get cut off as they walk by the public square...?
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Monster View Post
        Hey, did anyone else notice that the Launch deck hat the Raptors FLT'ed from was STILL a Gift Shop from the Miniseries, that made me laugh.
        brought the series full circle i think. in the miniseries galactica was being decommisioned and turned into a museum........in the finale adama decided to decomision the museum itself..........boom!

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          I agree that it COULD be galactica. But galactica wasn't the one to have all those vissions that roslin had. i think it's still roslin. she was the leader afterall. Now what elosha told her about the pythian prophecy was that the leader would die of a wasteing disease before seeing the promised land. now promised land doesn't neccesarily have to be specifically earth. keep in mind that she died while bill was trying to show her where he'd build their cabin. their own sort of personal promise to each other. he wanted to show her where he would put it before she died but she did before he could show her. that to her would be the promised land. her own personal slice of salvation and perfection.
          Roslin and Galactica both fulfilled the prophecy.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I added a new thread entitled 'You're the Producer: What would you have changed in the finale?' to help collect some of the assorted changes as I do have a couple.

I just watched it again and I'm still in a bit of a state of shock over things. I did really like the idea of Tigh and Ellen finally, after 2,000 years, being able to settle down and spend time together. When you look at it, they've been wrapped up with the greater needs of humanity/cylon for a very long time.

In fact, when I was watching Lee on the hillside talking to Kara, I burst out laughing at the thought of MadTV doing a eHarmony for Cylons/Humans rip. I can see it now where one of the cast members keeps going out with different women all of the same model and just can't find a mate until he joins eHarmony.
            The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
              The point of an eye for an eye is that it is a deterrent. Saudi Arabia holds public beheadings to show that there are consequences for your actions. I refuse to believe that if a person contemplating murder were to see a beheading that they would go ahead with the murder.

Do you honestly believe that we would have the crime rate that we do if people knew that they were putting the life or limb on the line by committing the crime?
              considering most murders are commited as crimes of passion and fits of rage i severly doubt it would have much effect at all.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                Roslin and Galactica both fulfilled the prophecy.
                not quite........galactica never had visions of vipers numbering 2 and 10.....she just launched them.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                  Do you honestly believe that that little children should have to see people's heads get cut off as they walk by the public square...?
                  If it prevents just one of them from committing a murder then yes I do. Haven't you ever seen someone do something which ends up going badly and then say to yourself that you'll never make that mistake? If I see someone put there hand into a fire and get it burned, I'm certainly not going to put my hand in.

Comment

not quite........galactica never had visions of vipers numbering 2 and 10.....she just launched them.
                    visions happen within galactica daybreak spoilers

Spoiler:
                    in the CIC
                    inside galactica mirrored the opera house

with the 5 on the upper deck and six and baltar
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      they were responsible for the tech advancements that the neaderthals inexplicably made...like wheels and stuff like that
                      hey they're just wheels :|

hmm...why did Athena have to shoot Boomer ? yeah she's the hotblooded type, but this still seemed out of place even given the context

Gaius growing a spine & earning his girl's respect. about frakkin time

btw anyone else thought that the human/cylon kid that head6 & head-baltar were talking about could've been caprica & baltar's instead ? I know the previous scene was Hera's so most of us (inc. myself in fact) assume the "Eve" to be Hera, but the way the two "angels" or whatever looked at each other (and wth, the fact that the final scene was theirs) was intriguing & suggested otherwise..

another thing...anyone else thought that the new earth could be the same earth as the previous one ? not trying to factor in time travel (afaik FTL isn't capable of this) but still

Comment

considering most murders are commited as crimes of passion and fits of rage i severly doubt it would have much effect at all.
                        http://www-rohan.sdsu.edu/faculty/rw...di_arabia.html

Comment

YOu betcha! Some became tall and black with less hair, Some became tall and white with long wavy hair. Other became short and had almond like eyes. Other became tall and had almond like eyes. Some had red skin which are neither of the usual black or white variety. Lots of evolving!

Comment

Personally, I am glad Galen reacted the way he did. She deserved to die for what she had done to his wife.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Seeing Galactica gliding over the craters of the Moon,

Seeing Adama talking to Roslin's grave,

Seeing Six and Baltar in NYC...

and going out to Hendrix's version of All Along The Watchtower.

Now that is what I call a series finale.
                              Prepare for the future. My SGA fic

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=61886

Comment

that just proves they have a low murder rate. not that it's because of their punishment system.

Comment

Working...
                                X