Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now, that's more like it!

Stuff happened this time.

The way the ep started, I thought I'd be needing my barf bucket and when Adama started ralphing on himself, I leaned over the chair arm and double checked my alignment. Thankfully that was the end of the flashback crap for awhile.

The attack on "The Colony" was incredible. If you haven't seen this episode, why not wait for the Blu-ray then watch it on the biggest screen you can find with the Dolby Digital 7.1 cranked. It was definitely theater quality and then some.

Obviously the producers of BSG are not atheists. I thought we'd be provided with some scientific explanation for Kara Thrace and the imaginary Baltar / Six.

The biggest news of the night, however, was the apparent dropping of "Caprica" by Sci-Fi. It's going straight to DVD and digital download? I had no idea. It appears that Sci-Fi is going to pick up "Battlestar Galactica: The Plan" instead, if I understood that ad-break promos correctly.
    sigpic My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Comment

Any thoughts about Kara's magic music?

If the view of the heavens from smoldering cinder Earth is the same as our Earth, then Kara's magic music FTL jump had to have been more than just a simple jump. There had to have been some forward time travel or shifting to an alternate universe involved.

What I mean is that smoldering cinder Earth and lush "Daybreak" Earth can not exist at the same point in space at the same time in the same reality.
      sigpic My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Comment

So we can deduce from the finale that the only survivors of the Attack on the Colonies and the members of the Rebel Cylon fleet were all actually a bunch of hairdressers, account executives, film makers, security guards and telephone sanitisers.

"I'm referencing documents that you may not have access to."
        The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

That was a work of genius. To be honest i still haven't seen about the 16 minutes worth of the show. I haven't seen when they leave galactica for the final time or the last 8 minutes worth right at the end so please no one ruin it. But it seems to me that in one show they have truly managed to capture EVERYTHING about humanity. Our Joy, our sorrow, our pain, our hate, our kindness, our comapassion, our guilt and all of our vices. but at the same time they have layed out a great parralel version of history on earth. think about it. Th knowledge of evolved humans living on through out the centuries. No wonder civilisations suddenly appeared all over the world over night. it was them.
          I'm still unsure about god. the way it seems to me is that just like it is now, god is a mystery. he may be a god or he may be just something uber powerful. I mean granted there may not be anything in reality but the address it quite nicely i think.
          It leaves us with many questions. And that is just so incredibly human. Always asking question, always a need to know more. Even with Lees desire to explore the new world. So the show has succeeded in defining the human race in 4 seasons of great writing as well as comenting on where we are and where we are heading. fantastic. totally unlike anything that has happend before, including its 70's counterpart.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by fwupow View Post

If the view of the heavens from smoldering cinder Earth is the same as our Earth, then Kara's magic music FTL jump had to have been more than just a simple jump. There had to have been some forward time travel or shifting to an alternate universe involved.

What I mean is that smoldering cinder Earth and lush "Daybreak" Earth can not exist at the same point in space at the same time in the same reality.
            unless they aren't the same planet. we don't have cylons on our earth remember.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChosen1 View Post
              Yeah cloning hit's me hard too. I mean it strikes a chord with-in me. Getting on the subject of creating "biological Machines" and perhaps the chance of treating them as a sub class of humans just because they are machines. I think it's a lesson for us in that should we do it and if we do are we prepared as a whole to be able to be morally stringent enough to be able to show the compassion and understanding towards what ever comes of it.
              We would then in essence become the created who now becomes the creators( of life that is). It's a really deep, deep issue and one that is not new.

TheChosen1
              You have such (misguided) faith in humanity. My stance is that we shouldn't even take a single step down that road to begin with.

Comment

They don't. They are two completely different planets. The new planet was named 'Earth' by the survivors once they landed. Also, one of the tests when they came to Cylon-Earth was to check the stars to see if they matched what was seen in Athena's tomb which they did confirming that that planet was indeed Earth. If you call you're new house 'Home' does that mean that your old house was never 'Home'?

Comment

Now, that's more like it!

Stuff happened this time.

The way the ep started, I thought I'd be needing my barf bucket and when Adama started ralphing on himself, I leaned over the chair arm and double checked my alignment. Thankfully that was the end of the flashback crap for awhile.

The attack on "The Colony" was incredible. If you haven't seen this episode, why not wait for the Blu-ray then watch it on the biggest screen you can find with the Dolby Digital 7.1 cranked. It was definitely theater quality and then some.

Obviously the producers of BSG are not atheists. I thought we'd be provided with some scientific explanation for Kara Thrace and the imaginary Baltar / Six.

The biggest news of the night, however, was the apparent dropping of "Caprica" by Sci-Fi. It's going straight to DVD and digital download? I had no idea. It appears that Sci-Fi is going to pick up "Battlestar Galactica: The Plan" instead, if I understood that ad-break promos correctly.
                  I don't think it implies the writers are this or that. As far as I see, it implies a deist perspective, with the "God" being anything from just a random force to some kind of advanced intelligence (Asimov's quote "any sufficiently advanced tech is indistinguishable from magic). There was never a reference made to a standard Abrahamic God.

I am an outspoken atheist and I found it to be a very interesting storyline, keeping in mind that it's just fantasy.

The writers are geniuses.
                  My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
                    she stayed behind on cylon earth
                    They should have jumped a raptor back there to bring her to new earth. (Deanna).
                    My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
                      They should have jumped a raptor back there to bring her to new earth. (Deanna).
                      she's probably dead already

plus the actress wasn't available
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                        You have such (misguided) faith in humanity. My stance is that we shouldn't even take a single step down that road to begin with.
                        I agree right now to take it that far. I don't believe we are "spiritually" evolved yet as a race(human). All though I do think there is some merit to being able to mess around a little bit to be able to fix the gentic problems that have been getting worse and worse, that last couple hundred years. It's been passed on from generation to generation and with the way we live, eat, sleep and conduct ourselves we should be able to break this pattern of passing on bad genetics to our children. Science is but a tool and like any tool. It has it's place but any tool can be misused if one is not properly "trained" or guided in the use of it.

TheChosen1

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
                          It may not have been possible. I believe that wikipedia article on FTL drives suggest that the distance that ships can jump vary. Hence the distance that a Raptor can jump may be shorter than a Battlestar's to begin with. Toss in there that if the Raptor's FTL wasn't upgraded with Cylon technology, the distance that Galactica could cover would be all that farther. Its also possible that if the black hole was between New Earth and Old Earth that any jump back would have to factor that in and go around it as opposed to doing a straight line.

But then may be the Centurions went back...

Comment

I don't see why they didn't just start a colony and call it "Atlantis." We have myths about Atlantis and the ancient mariners as well, so why not make the remains of the colony into that instead of what was done?

And why get rid of the ships? Why not park them in orbit around say, Saturn, and when we're finally able to reach them, give us our history? Destroying the old bird and her flock like that was just... uncool.
                            Things we'd like to see in our favorite scifi...
                            Spoiler:
                            "Ori, meet Wraiths. Wraiths, meet Ori. I'm sure you'll get along famously." ~ any member of SG1.
                            "Priors, meet Cylons. Cylons, Meet Priors. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful theologic discussion." ibid
                            "This is the BattleStar Galactica - please identify yourself."
                            "This is the Earth Vessel Daedelus. Are you lost?"
                            "The WHAT Vessel?" Galactica Actual.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamid View Post
                              I don't see why they didn't just start a colony and call it "Atlantis." We have myths about Atlantis and the ancient mariners as well, so why not make the remains of the colony into that instead of what was done?

And why get rid of the ships? Why not park them in orbit around say, Saturn, and when we're finally able to reach them, give us our history? Destroying the old bird and her flock like that was just... uncool.
                              It sounded as if the survivors hoped to avoid advanced technology entirely in the off-chance that they'd break the cycle. In that aspect, its carries similar themes to Dune and the prohibition against Thinking Machines, only they weren't that extereme.

Comment

Originally posted by DetriusXii View Post
                                Well, there isn't going to be a man versus machine war any longer. When our earth humans enter the stars, we're going to be vastly outnumbered by a Centurion civilization, which has advanced technologies and the ability to reproduce themselves. The war is over. The Centurions won.
                                Nope, they lost.

The Colony was destroyed, it was certainly propelled out of orbit of the singularity into it directly by the nukes. Although there would have been some basestars out and about somewhere, resurrection is gone so that would have been the end of the skinjobs, and also I believe the hybrids. Perhaps the free cylons on the rebel baseship went hunting, possibly even to free their enslaved brothers, but whether a few remaining basestars widely scattered could be enough to form up a new cylon civilisation I think is questionable. And to survive 150,000 years seems highly improbable. But it is an open question - and could even be the door to a new series if that was desired.
                                ---------------------
                                sigpic
                                Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

Working...
                                X