Daybreak, Part 1 (419)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    But that's just it; the show, in the end, was never about the battles of the Cylons or the Galactica... it was about the humans that crewed the Fleet and the men and women that lead it across the Milky Way to the promised land. That's what the finale is showcasing, those few, extraordinary people and who they really were before circumstances forced them to become heroes.
    Yes but we have four years to set out the characters, what their motivations, why they do what they do, frankly by this time their characters story should be completed with a little left for the closing story. We should focusing more on wrapping up the questions like finding a home for the fleet, learning what the angles are, what have the tin heads been doing without the control chips, this has been bugging me ever since it was bought up, what is starbuck, and these are just few of questions they have got to answer in the next two hours. I mean I would not mind finding out what the cylon plan was originally, who attack earth and why this would take up a episode by it self, what the child role in this. All the above is far more important than learn information roslin family died in a car crash, Give what the character been through frankly I think she would of stop caring about that a long time ago. In fact, apart from this episode their have not been any hints about it, which if it was such a motivator and or central to the character it would have been bought up way before the last three episodes.

Yes they are three separate episode and should of been written as such as that how they will mostly be watch as anyway.
    Last edited by knowles2; 15 March 2009, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Monster View Post
      Do you really think RDM intended everyone to know about something in 'certain' cultures. I highly doubt it, it's too dependent on the viewers knowledge outside of the show.

(In regard to the Pigeon in Lee's home representing bad omens in certain cultures)
      yep good point. If it was of such importance to the story having it been mention by a other character a bird in one home is a bad omen and then have the flashback would of made more sense and made scene more relevant.

Comment

Do you really think RDM intended everyone to know about something in 'certain' cultures. I highly doubt it, it's too dependent on the viewers knowledge outside of the show.

(In regard to the Pigeon in Lee's home representing bad omens in certain cultures)

This show has been full of references that applied only to certain cultures. As a minor example, look at how many people didn't get Kara's reference to the word "w a n k e r " in a previous episode because it isn't used in their country. Or last night's episode a lot of people didn't understand when Baltar called his father a "git".

There are references to ancient Greek and Roman culture and believe me, there are a whole lot of people who watch this show who know nothing about those references.

They put all sorts of things in this show that have double meanings. Maybe the bird means an omen of death or maybe they intend it to mean something else.

Comment

Can anyone tell me what side of the line Athena was on in the end? I didn't see her.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
            The movie is about the cylons and their plan when they first attack the colony and nothing about the current situation or current fleet.

And the why continue films, explain it in the tv series or not at all. Not like their is not enough that could be cut from that last ten episodes to include extra plots they want in the films.
            Another prequel? Razor just ripped up the ratings charts. lol.

So we can understand why this all happened, but it will never resolve then to a conclusion. Pretty disappointing.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
              Can anyone tell me what side of the line Athena was on in the end? I didn't see her.
              Didn't see her. Maybe she's still locked up in her quarters crying?
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

All of this has been posted before, and all of this will be posted again.

Comment

I believe that knowing that BSG was going to end this season, and the writers probably knew a lot longer, that they should not have wasted this episode with a back-story for the characters.

They could have placed this episode more early in the show and it would have fit better... but now with 3 episodes left it's just a waste of an episode.

Sure it was nice having all that extra little information... but I think the set-up for the final should have been more... stuck to the story.

The 2 hour final next is either going to be very information filled, or have very little answers.

I'm with a lot of people on this. I didn't enjoy this episode. Knowing that we only had a few episodes left I guess I expected something more.

I think the writers have made some bad decisions this season, but lets hope they make up for it next week.

- I really hope they don't do a " Fly off into the sunset ending " and we never know what happens. They need to tie up the stories they told. I want to Know what's with starbuck, Ect.

A lot of people are going to be mad If they just completely ignore some of the events that have happened, that are not resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruman View Post
                    All of this has been posted before, and all of this will be posted again.
                    gtfo! hahaha

Comment

Speaking of loose ends... what was all the mystery about Baltar "knowing who Felix Gaeta is" ? Was it that he was an idealist? Or is it just another thing RDM kind of... forgot about...

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                        I can't tell if they were trying to copy LOST or use the next to last episode as a giant commercial for Caprica. (which we pretty much know is gonna suck now)

The flashbacks were a complete waste of time. In LOST, the flashbacks always had some relevance to the actual story or the character, usually both. I guess we learned that Apollo can't hit a bird with a broom stick when he's drunk...? wtf?

Even if next week's episode is amazing, it wont be enough to redeem this complete failure of the last 1/2 of this season.
                        Full ACK!

I'm seriously considering to ignore Caprica (not that it would matter for SciFi anyway if i'm watching or not )

Comment

Speaking of loose ends... what was all the mystery about Baltar "knowing who Felix Gaeta is" ? Was it that he was an idealist? Or is it just another thing RDM kind of... forgot about...
                          idealist nothing more
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Berg417448 View Post
                            This show has been full of references that applied only to certain cultures. As a minor example, look at how many people didn't get Kara's reference to the word "w a n k e r " in a previous episode because it isn't used in their country. Or last night's episode a lot of people didn't understand when Baltar called his father a "git".

There are references to ancient Greek and Roman culture and believe me, there are a whole lot of people who watch this show who know nothing about those references.

They put all sorts of things in this show that have double meanings. Maybe the bird means an omen of death or maybe they intend it to mean something else.
                            I think using single word of English is alright and words which common in society today, 10 seconds on the internet and you can find what git means or what w a n k e r means it not exactly hard. Why finding out what a bird in the house means well a good half hour, if not longer.

Comment

Sci Fi fans are a fickle bunch. I know we follow these characters closely and form bonds with them from the other side of the screen but we are the first to turn when something doesnt meet our imposed standards of what we believe is entertainment. I have not seen Daybreak part 1 yet but as an avid fan like all here I race to the forums to extend the BSG experiences longer then the hour of TV once a week. It saddens me when i read post regarding episodes that people see as poor or slow moving and I wonder if people relize the bigger picture. The thing that has set BSG apart from other shows, is the ability to follow these characters over a story arc, not just a weekly premise of short lived peril with a final group shot of our beloved heroes looking toward next weeks dangerous mission etc.
                              BSG has taken the time to create a depth in these characters other shows haven't been able to match while still providing the "weapons at maximum (lol)" moments we all love. My advice is enjoy the peaks and troughs that go with this, the episodes that are slower serve a purpose, and the faster action packed thrills and spills that come along will blow your mind more.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                                I can't tell if they were trying to copy LOST or use the next to last episode as a giant commercial for Caprica. (which we pretty much know is gonna suck now)
                                Oh, we do, don't we.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X