No announcement yet.

Islanded In a Stream of Stars (418)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that the way that Boomer wrecked the old bird, by jumping too close to it, was foreshadowing for how Adama/Tigh will attack the Colony. Remember how Tigh said that if she jumps within the ship, she'll rip Galactica's guts out? Surely they'll use their last jump to destroy the Colony. Or at least, Hybrid Anders will.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      Just to let you folks know, there is no Daybreak Part 3. This is SCI FI's schedule..

03/13/2009 10:00 PM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA SEASON 4.5 DAYBREAK - PART 1
      03/13/2009 12:00 AM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA SEASON 4.5 DAYBREAK - PART 1

03/20/2009 08:00 PM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA SEASON 4.5 DAYBREAK - PART 1 (Reair from previous week)
      03/20/2009 09:00 PM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA SEASON 4.5 DAYBREAK - PART 2 (2-Hour Finale)
      depends on how you look at it

when bsg is syndicated/re-ran it'll be daybreak 1, 2, 3 because they air in one hour blocks. There is a daybreak part 3, just like there's a Rising Part 2.....it'll just air the first time as a 2 hour movie, then get broken up
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm surprised no one is paying more attention to the visions of the Opera House. Since the end of season 1 Baltar has been having visions of himself and six with a baby. Now we know that baby can't be Caprica Six's child, it can't be Cally's child so it must be Hera. In the vision Athena and Roslin are chasing after hera. I think this is symbolic. They both have a stake in Hera. Roslin wants her for whatever religious / destiny reasons and Athena wants her because shes her daughter.

I don't think Balter will intentionally take Hera, I'm guessing he will wind up in a situation where hes forced to take care of her. Now the six in the vision could either be the angel Baltar has been seeing since the mini-series or Caprica six, I'm not sure which. But if I had to venture a guess I'd say it was the angel.

The one thing that needs to be explained at this point more than anything else are the angels, who they are and how they're able to do what they do I.E., predict and manipulate the future.

I liked the previous suggestion that asserted Boomer's jump close to the galactica and subsequent damage inflicted therein are foreshadowing to how the galactica will destroy the colony. Such a resolution strikes me as contrived, (Why haven't we seen anything earlier in the series about using jumps as weapons?) But acceptable.

I also think we need to start taking what the hybrids say seriously. They haven't played many word games with us, and everything they have said has come true. Kara Thrace will lead the Human race to its end. She will be directly responsible for the end of the human race either through destruction or some sort of breeding and mixing of genes. I know they've alluded to the ladder possibility but I don't think it will go down that way. This is Battlestar Galactica and it's not exactly a show about putting a smile on your face.

I predict the Galactica will destroy the colony, the remaining baystars of the colony will destroy the fleet, and some of the remaining people alive if not the only remaining people alive will be Baltar, Six, and Hera. They will settle on Kobold, the birth place of humanity, and the cycle will start again.

I think the most poingant ending to the show would be a failure to break the cycle, not a success. It would make a realistic statement about humans. As long as we're humans we will have failings.

I recall a line from the movie Invasion.

"A world without war, that is a world where humans cease being human."

Our evil defines us, our hope perpetuates the evil. It's a pretty cynical view but what is Battlestar Galactica if not cynical?
        Last edited by Kilharae; 07 March 2009, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilharae View Post
          I predict the Galactica will destroy the colony, the remaining baystars of the colony will destroy the fleet, and some of the remaining people alive if not the only remaining people alive will be Baltar, Six, and Hera. They will settle on Kobold, the birth place of humanity, and the cycle will start again.

I think the most poingant ending to the show would be a failure to break the cycle, not a success. It would make a realistic statement about humans. As long as we're humans we will have failings.
          The issue with Hera, Baltar and Six being the sole survivors would be for the cycle to restart who would Hera mate with in order to continue the propogation of the species? Baltar? If Six is real, could she and Baltar have a child? Could that child mate with Hera? Would be a very small gene pool.

Personally, I hope more survive then just these three, but the Opera House vision does not seem to portend better. And I would like the cycle to be broken, although maybe there could be unresolved matters providing potential for a sequel at some point.

The show writers and producers must be having a great laugh at our speculations!!
          ---------------------
          sigpic
          Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson View Post
            Am I the only one still confused about Kara. Okay.....so.....she NOT a Cylon. So....then how the frak did she come back from the frakkin dead? And.....what's with the connection with her and Hera and that song and Sam? Oh.....and now Sam's hooked up to Galactica just like a Hybrid on a Base Ship? Weird.
            I have been wondering that myself. Why is laura still having those visions, and are they linked to the prophecy of the dying leader knowing the truth? Also which of the 6s is it in there?

And.....I still don't know what to make of Baltar.
            Easy. He is a butt head!

[quote]Did anyone catch the old school raiders on the basestar that Boomer landed on?/quote]

Yup. And i got goose bumps when it showed.

Wow. That scene with the Six pushing the deckhand through the airlock, swinging the airlock door shut and then yelling at him to lock it...

Perhaps the integration of crews on the basestar is going to work out.
            Especially since iirc that was the same six and human who almost had it out a little before.

Colonel Tighe has become one of my favorite characters too. He is just so spot on and cuts right to the heart of the matter. Good XO. Great acting.
            I loved his speach to Ellen about him and Adama. Strange bedfelow those 2 make.

Through I like the new quorum, unlike the old group these guys seem to take decisions they relies the ship is dying and took the decisions to improve their own vessels. Which I like and which makes sense.
            I actahlly hated that part. Talking of dismantling and scrapping stuff all before they even got the word Adama has changed his flagship.

Hera did ram the Galactica into a basestar in that first scene, foreshadowing?
            Either that, or her remembering pegasus's going out.

[quote]Baltar's storyline has been dissapointing but then again I have never cared much for him and don't miss him when he's not in the episodes. I think his stuff has always dragged./quote]

True, but i did love the going back to his scientist roots, with kara's dogtags. And his talk of angles with head six watching in the side ground.

Comment

Yet another episode about nothing... out of the 7 eps that aired in 2009, one or maybe 2 were interesting and intense.

Comment

more questions just keep popping up in my mind everytime I watch a BSG ep, but I guess they want us to keep guessing in the end...

though I do have one big concern...
                Spoiler:
                According to an interview with Jamie Bamber, he talked about how the last episode that there was not a dry eye in the house and how it is possible that more continuations of BSG movies could be made, but it is the end of the line for him.

So that makes me wonder....does Lee Adama die in the final episode? Will that be one of reasons why Bill Adama will be hearbroken by the end? Because his only son is dead?

I'm so excited to see the final episode though! The ending should be great!

"Tibet is not a contact information, it's a country. Why not just write Earth while you're at it, incase anyone needs to know where Tibet is?"- Ingrid from Uptown Girls

Comment

Galactica's blaze-of-glory ending had best top the one the Pegasus had, which was pretty badass.

Comment

Oh dear. I wish I hadn't read that spoiler (my own darned fault, though).

Comment

I think there may be answers in the lyrics. Here they are.

There must be some kind of way out of here
                      Said the joker to the thief
                      Theres too much confusion
                      I cant get no relief
                      Businessman they drink my wine
                      Plow men dig my earth
                      None will level on the line
                      Nobody of it is worth
                      Hey hey

No reason to get excited
                      The thief he kindly spoke
                      There are many here among us
                      Who feel that life is but a joke but uh
                      But you and I weve been through that
                      And this is not our fate (?)
                      So let us not talk falsely now
                      The hours getting late
                      Hey

Hey

All along the watchtower
                      Princes kept the view
                      While all the women came and went
                      Bare-foot servants to, but huh
                      Outside in the cold distance
                      A wild cat did growl
                      Two riders were approachin
                      And the wind began to howl
                      Hey
                      Oh
                      All along the watchtower
                      Hear you sing around the watch
                      Gotta beware gotta beware I will
                      Yeah
                      Ooh baby
                      All along the watchtower

Comment

How was the Harbringer of Doom prophecy worded again? Did it explicitly say anything about the fleet, humanity, etc.? It occurred to me that it if its just 'she will lead 'them' to their doom' that 'them' could be anyone.
                        The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                          How was the Harbringer of Doom prophecy worded again? Did it explicitly say anything about the fleet, humanity, etc.? It occurred to me that it if its just 'she will lead 'them' to their doom' that 'them' could be anyone.
                          This is the quote from the old hybrid:

" Kara Thrace will lead the human race to its end. She is the herald of the apocalypse, the harbinger of death. They must not follow her. "

Comment

(Why haven't we seen anything earlier in the series about using jumps as weapons?)
                            I think that is because Boomer only did it because she had to. It seems like jumping so close to another ship like that is something you only do when you really don't have another choice about it.
                            I would like it to end with the on a note such that it seems that the cycle has ended or at least that there is greater hope of the cycle being ended than before, but without one hundred percent certainty of that.

Comment

so Ellen's "escape" really was all part of a plan to kidnap Hera

anyone else find this kinda far-fetched ? (and that's a euphemism)
                              first of all there was no guarantee Boomer would even be able to get out of the brig in fact this was very highly unlikely as it all hinged on Galen's feelings for her
                              not to mention that even if he did aid her escape she'd also have to do so unnoticed
                              plus Galen would have to replace her with another 8 clone whom he'd have to KO & carry all the way to the brig - again without anyone noticing
                              (and no one saw any of the above just because the lights went out for a while ? gimme a break)
                              oh yeah not to mention Boomer barging into daycare & taking Hera away, carrying her from there to the fighter bay despite the risk of being spotted by Athena or Helo - but what the hell, why interrupt such an incredible streak of good luck Athena just happened to stay out cold during the whole thing, though still conscious enough to notice Boomer getting it on with her man, but wait : not conscious enough to utter even a squeak (or maybe she didn't wanna disturb them ?)

and basically Cavil - allegedly the most "machine" and rational of all - sent her on a mission knowing this had a what, 1 in a million chance of success ? (or did the writers let him in on the outcome ?)

Comment

You know the whole dying leader prophecy thing? Someone on another forum mentioned this and I've thought about it and it all makes loads of sense. Galactica, the ship is the dying leader.
                                The show IS called "Battlestar Galactica" not "The ragtag fleet" or "Some colonials groping blindly through space" or even "Saga of a Star World." I think this was planned from the first time we hear of the prophecy (and before that of course). If they do discover a habitable planet to rebuild on, and Galactica's last stand is beating the crap outta that cylon thing in space, then "The Dying leader would not reach the promised land." (and this is all conjecture, no spoilers)
                                When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                                Zatnikitelman

Comment

Working...
                                X