No announcement yet.

Islanded In a Stream of Stars (418)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the last 3 hours better spain a lot of stuff, as it is now, the last few episodes pissed away lots of time,, and little to show for it..

My Story:
    http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Sucks the old girl isn't going to make it. Interesting the Sam, when he was plugged into the ship knew about Starbuck. I guess the Hybrids on the ships are plugged into a larger stream of consciousness.

Did anyone catch the old school raiders on the basestar that Boomer landed on?
      I expected Starbuck the punch Baltar, not slap him, she's turning into a wimp but it was funny as hell when she took a piss in front of him, compete with sound effects.

Olmas deserves an emmy many times over.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        daniel will be delt with in caprica

ron has already said so in the podcast a while back
        I really, really wonder how he's going to do this without frakking up the timeline, lying to us or heavy, heavy retcon. Caprica is set before the twelve colonies build the first toaster, while the final five still on their STL journey from earth. They arrived during the war and then started building the skinjobs, of which Daniel was Number 7.

Now how can Daniel be dealt with in Caprica?

Comment

One thing I've learned from my short time watching BSG, basiclly every part of the ship is open for "relationships"

Good episode... so that guy on the piano was her father? didn't see that coming.

I laughed when Tigh made his reaction to the music... it was just so funny and out of place.

Comment

Wow. That scene with the Six pushing the deckhand through the airlock, swinging the airlock door shut and then yelling at him to lock it...

Perhaps the integration of crews on the basestar is going to work out.

And with Adama transferring his flag to the basestar, I'm wondering... Does she have a name? The basestar I mean.

I can't imagine Adama transferring his flag to a nameless ship. Come on, if it doesn't have a name already, he just has to name it, right?

My vote is for "Redeemer"

Comment

I think Adama will take Galactica off 'somewhere' (don't know where) and those onboard will be the only remaining ones to live. Kind of like only 12 (or 13?) lived before.

Yes, I thought I heard All Along the Watch Tower words too. Just read the lyrics before the show. Need to rewatch to be sure.

Ten bucks says Boomer saves Hera. How many times has she switched sides now?

Kara could be leading them to their end, but I don't think the end has to be necessarily bad for everyone. It could be a good end for some, bad for others. The talk between Apollo and Kara seemed like a goodbye talk.

The cylon in the bathtub is still confusing for me. I never have been able to understand anything any of them have said.

It is nice to see people clean shaven and cleaned up again. Exciting stuff seems to happen when the characters are 'clean'.

Colonel Tighe has become one of my favorite characters too. He is just so spot on and cuts right to the heart of the matter. Good XO. Great acting.

Have to say, it's been pretty good acting all around the last few episodes.

Maybe the whole 'rebirth' idea is like when frogs change sex to reproduce if there are only females around. One of them turns into a male, so there can be reproduction and a continuation of the species. Maybe the 'cylons' are just an evolutionary mutation so the human species will continue to exist. Once there are enough humans again, the weird machine stuff is pushed aside.

I know, weird thought. But I'm so confused!!!

Comment

If it does I feel they will be changing the name to Galactica.

But if Galactica does not go out in a blaze of glory I will be disappointed.

As to epsode, all I really got to say talk about dragging the story out.

Through I like the new quorum, unlike the old group these guys seem to take decisions they relies the ship is dying and took the decisions to improve their own vessels. Which I like and which makes sense.

still do not like where they are going with Baltar and I am only who just wanted starbuck to pull a pistol and shot him between the eyes. He just plain annoying. I actually enjoy seeing him use skill in the lab again through. Wish we get more of that.

I really think they should left roslin die in the last episode through.
                Last edited by knowles2; 07 March 2009, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Based on the discussion, I'm liking the idea that maybe there were some that managed to escape the war on Earth and found a new planet. If the Final Five had a ship, what's not to say that there were other ships out there? Naturally its also probable that there might have been Earth-Cylons on the ships in orbit for whatever reason and saw what was going down.

If any of that is true, I have the suspicion that they do find the new planet and surprisingly find it with Skin Jobs and Toasters living in peace. But only a handful from the rag tag fleet and rebel cylons make it there.
                  The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

My thoughts.

I enjoyed the episode, and now I think I can see how the next three hours will play out.

The music is a star chart. oddly enough it is the same one used by the Final Five to find Kobol, and then the 12 colonies.

After seeing the cylon Colonyiod(it isn't a planet). I know Galactica's last mission. A blaze of glory ramming speed explosion right into the center of it. Destroying the bulk of the remaining cylons. One of each model except for Cavil will escape. Cavil will become the one who must not be named.

The final scene will either be of a group of people landing on the promised land of Kobol, or heading for Kobol. Now safe as the bulk of the cylons will have been destroyed.

There will be at least 2 cylon centurions around. One floating near earth and one floating near the colonies. To infect the next generation of centurion in ~2,000 years.

Comment

Great title, btw, probably one of my favorites.

Since they went to all that trouble to say that Anders probably has control of the FTL, I kept on expecting him to "JUMP!!!" during this ep, especially when Kara plugged him back in. And I think he might do just that in the last eps.

Hera's notes = map to a livable planet?

Hera did ram the Galactica into a basestar in that first scene, foreshadowing?

Baltar's storyline this season has been pretty disappointing for me too. His cult of bland personalities has been less than entertaining. Hoping he finally gets something more substantial coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
                        My thoughts.

I enjoyed the episode, and now I think I can see how the next three hours will play out.

The music is a star chart. oddly enough it is the same one used by the Final Five to find Kobol, and then the 12 colonies.

After seeing the cylon Colonyiod(it isn't a planet). I know Galactica's last mission. A blaze of glory ramming speed explosion right into the center of it. Destroying the bulk of the remaining cylons. One of each model except for Cavil will escape. Cavil will become the one who must not be named.

The final scene will either be of a group of people landing on the promised land of Kobol, or heading for Kobol. Now safe as the bulk of the cylons will have been destroyed.

There will be at least 2 cylon centurions around. One floating near earth and one floating near the colonies. To infect the next generation of centurion in ~2,000 years.
                        I like your thinking on this, but I do recall that when Boomer was talking to Hera in between jumps, she said "11 more jumps" to reach Colony. I know the big ships have a longer jump range, but it does not seem like Galactica could make it to the Colony location given how few jumps Galactica has left in it. As well, given the huge size of Colony and its defenses, I wonder if Galactica could even get close, and unless she could fly into the core and blow up - I don’t think even a surface impact would cause serious damage to Colony.

If it did pan out this way, then it does not seem like Galactica is the "dying leader leading the way…" in the prophecy. Oh well, we will find out!! Great theory

Afterthought - maybe the cylons jump Colony closer which helps bridge the jump gap - possibly on a ruse by the survivors and rebels. Or maybe Galen does something if he shows his face again?
                        Last edited by Espeon1962; 07 March 2009, 07:06 AM. Reason: Edit - Afterthought
                        ---------------------
                        sigpic
                        Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

I agree with a lot of what Toaster has said.

I'm betting that now that Kara has Anders plugged back in he is going to jump them somewhere whether it be where Hera is (which I still think is somehow likely, I mean Boomer found them why not vice versa) or to another suitable planet to colonize.

I too am wondering if Hera playing with the models is foreshadowing, otherwise, what's the point?

Baltar's storyline has been dissapointing but then again I have never cared much for him and don't miss him when he's not in the episodes. I think his stuff has always dragged.

I'm really liking Tighe. As someone else said, he is the only one who really seems to know who he is and has accepted it and moved on. I find it interesting how he still doesn't refer to Cylon's as his own. I like that he is remaining loyal to Adama who has been his friend and comrad for years and vice versa.

REALLY looking forward to seeing how they tie this all up. Have a feeling after next weeks ep we are going to be angsting for the week big time to see the end.

So sorry to see this show go though. Some of the best writing on TV ever.
                          Shelly
                          My Photos
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Espeon1962 View Post
                            I like your thinking on this, but I do recall that when Boomer was talking to Hera in between jumps, she said "11 more jumps" to reach Colony. I know the big ships have a longer jump range, but it does not seem like Galactica could make it to the Colony location given how few jumps Galactica has left in it. As well, given the huge size of Colony and its defenses, I wonder if Galactica could even get close, and unless she could fly into the core and blow up - I don’t think even a surface impact would cause serious damage to Colony.

If it did pan out this way, then it does not seem like Galactica is the "dying leader leading the way…" in the prophecy. Oh well, we will find out!! Great theory
                            She hinted that the journey would be much shorter if they had upgraded the jump drive with cylon technology.

We Galactica has been equip with the upgraded drives which means they could quite possible make it one or two jumps to the colony giving the ship three jumps back to a habitual world. That is also dependent of whether the chief was right and the ship has five jumps left in her.

Also the song could contain the jump coordinates if it does come with all the data neccesary to make a single ultra long jump. Was not it their computer compacity which limit their jump distance having all the data neccessary might mean they could jump a lot further. Through I do not think they would exactly trust the coordinates and I would not lissten to starbuck given what hybrids have in the past.
                            Last edited by knowles2; 07 March 2009, 07:15 AM.

Comment

exactly Knowles. A raptor can't jump any where near the distance a battle star could before the jump engines were upgraded.

The seires needs to end with it being possible for everything to happen again. They say the book of pythia is 3,600 years old what if it is just that version. And it is based on stories told to the children, and their children for the centuries the 13 tribes lived on Kobol?

We all know how action packed some episodes are. with a little bit of everything happening all at once. Something tells me the sun will rise with a new dawn for everyone.

Comment

Did anyone notice that Hera was playing on a Pegasus style planning room? Maybe Hera knows something more than she lets on

Comment

Working...
                                X