Deadlock (416)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
    He'd have to go through puberty again and his voice changing. Not to mention that ... other thing.
    Pon Far?

Spoiler:
    "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
    ---Bill Adama

Comment

Originally posted by Back40 View Post
      Pon Far?
      Going from a turtle neck to a crew cut.
      The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

oh please
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

To summarize my thoughts - this episode was crap, it had no redeeming quality in my eyes. Tyrol's defection made no sense the way it was written, it might have been more plausible if they had built up to it, but he had JUST been made the Galactica chief and saved the ship. He LOVES the Galactica. Ellen's character did a complete 180 from her No Exit performance and went back to being snippy and whiny, and the whole Six/Tigh subplot with the baby went straight down the drain.

And just for the people who think that it was somehow meaningful - RDM made it clear in his podcast that they needed to scrap the subplot somehow because they were going nowhere with it. They never had a goal for it and now it was going straight to hell.

In all - one of the worst episodes I've seen on Galactica. Terrible characterization, no thanks to Espenson, and some of the worst editing and directing I've seen. I'm appalled.

Comment

He'd have to go through puberty again and his voice changing. Not to mention that ... other thing.
            the baby died the same time brain dead anders awoke. just saying...why not embrace the derail?

Comment

I think the last few seconds of the show were meant to be prophetic. Sharon Agathon / Athena is going to die.

Things are going to end up back where they started with Boomer and Tyrol together.

It's hard to keep track of who's who, what with all the memory sharing going on. I mean, Athena has Boomer's memories up to a certain point and I forget what point that was.

In regard to the civvies with guns issue: Even if Adama doesn't have enough Marines to maintain law and order, it's not likely that he'd just hand a bunch of religious radicals a crate of guns without training. First he'd recruit and train new marines.

Even if Baltar's harem can be trusted to use the guns in a lawful, ethical fashion, without training and a small arms locker, it won't be long before they "fall" into somebody else's hands.

This is to be expected in BSG. You can't have high drama without having people behave irresponsibly, irrationally and sometimes downright senselessly.
              sigpic My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Comment

Originally posted by hal2100 View Post
                going from a turtle neck to a crew cut.
                roflmao!!!

Spoiler:
                "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
                ---Bill Adama

Comment

Originally posted by fwupow View Post
                  This is to be expected in BSG. You can't have high drama without having people behave irresponsibly, irrationally and sometimes downright senselessly.
                  Why not....it happens often enough in real life, we've all seen people do irrational, irresponsible and downright senseless stupid things under a lot less stress than the characters in BSG. Simple case of art imitating life.

Spoiler:
                  ---Bill Adama

Comment

Originally posted by fwupow View Post
                    I think the last few seconds of the show were meant to be prophetic. Sharon Agathon / Athena is going to die.

Things are going to end up back where they started with Boomer and Tyrol together.

It's hard to keep track of who's who, what with all the memory sharing going on. I mean, Athena has Boomer's memories up to a certain point and I forget what point that was.

In regard to the civvies with guns issue: Even if Adama doesn't have enough Marines to maintain law and order, it's not likely that he'd just hand a bunch of religious radicals a crate of guns without training. First he'd recruit and train new marines.

Even if Baltar's harem can be trusted to use the guns in a lawful, ethical fashion, without training and a small arms locker, it won't be long before they "fall" into somebody else's hands.

I would probally think up to the Miniseries ends, as of the Episode "33"
                    Spoiler:
                    The Sharon that eventually will become Athena Meets Helo on Caprica, and has all of Boomer's Memories to that point
                    sigpic
                    Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

worst episode of the series
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

1. Ellen + Tigh + Caprica was always going to = messy. Didn't think Liam would get scratched though!

2. I can't blame the Five for wanting to bail, given the various grievances but still...Anders surely said they needed to stay in the fleet for a reason.

3. Baltar and crew as unofficial enforcers...fair enough.

4. The First(Not Final) Five were originally human. That's something people need to remember when talking about their behaviour!

Good ep though.
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                          4. The First(Not Final) Five were originally human. That's something people need to remember when talking about their behaviour!
                          Sometimes a Great Notion established that the inhabitants of Earth were Cylon. There's no evidence otherwise to support that some were human.
                          The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Sometimes a Great Notion established that the inhabitants of Earth were Cylon. There's no evidence otherwise to support that some were human.
                            Still, there's no reason to think that skinjob behavior is inherently different from human behavior, except in the instances such as when Boomer shot Adama.

Comment

The Colonials are basing their theory on the Cylonness of Earth on what exactly? Minor physiological differences? Could be down to evolution for all anyone knows.
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                                The Colonials are basing their theory on the Cylonness of Earth on what exactly? Minor physiological differences? Could be down to evolution for all anyone knows.
                                According to the show it was based upon cylon "protocols"....whatever that means. Baltar needed a nuke for his detector but apparently the cylons have different means...or so we were told.

Comment

Working...
                                X