No Exit (415)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chris777 View Post
    I know I am going to come off like the old timer. but some of us still own and use devices called "VCR's"

(had to watch Psych first)
    Here Here! It's how i record shows I want to watch again, and its good to have a Hard Copy of a TV show till it comes out on DVD.
    sigpic
    Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Originally posted by Espeon1962 View Post
      The brain surgeon from the other ship is the guy who plays "PC" in the Apple commercials.
      OH ok! Well that explains what that meant now!

Thought i had missed something in the episode!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chev's Ron View Post
        Quite a backstory if you ask me.
        Yes it is don't you love how they tell it leaving only 5 episodes left in the series.

Though who knows maybe we'll see the fabled cylon home world that was also hinted at in this ep the "colony"

Comment

Originally posted by Tain View Post
          Ok there is something I don't understand here. From what I gather, we are supposed to believe that the Centurion style Cylons on Earth rebelled and nuked the skinjob Earth cylons, leaving the final 5 as the only survivors. If this is the case, where are the Earth Centurions? Why aren't they still on Earth? Why did they find the remains of destroyed Centurions intermixed with the bones on earth? Surely the Centurions didn't nuke themselves to death? So if they were victims of the nukes as well, who the heck was lobbing the nukes?
          We don't know exactly who nuked Earth. I think it could be the Centurians that the Earth Cylon's created based on the fact that Anders said the final 5 headed towards the Colonies to warn them that if they created life to keep it close and treat it right.

Comment

Why did they find the remains of destroyed Centurions intermixed with the bones on earth? Surely the Centurions didn't nuke themselves to death? So if they were victims of the nukes as well, who the heck was lobbing the nukes?
            I just took it that all of the Cylons - skin-jobs & toaster - were killed or otherwise terminally wounded/damaged as a result of the war. One side nuked the other, the other retailiated. Maybe some survived, but they were otherwise unable to survive due to radiation and other what not.
            The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
              We don't know exactly who nuked Earth. I think it could be the Centurians that the Earth Cylon's created based on the fact that Anders said the final 5 headed towards the Colonies to warn them that if they created life to keep it close and treat it right.
              Thats the impression I got as well, which is why I am confused. The Earth Centurions committed mass murder-suicide?

Comment

Holy Frak, I just had a drunken moment of clarity!

Boomer spirited Ellen off the baseship at the end - which implies that the cylons know where the ragtag fleet is sitting, unless she is taking Ellen elsewhere, but Boomer had her old uniform on which supports my supposition. So why has Calvin not jumped all over the Galatica and the rebel baseship?
                ---------------------
                sigpic
                Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

Thats the impression I got as well, which is why I am confused. The Earth Centurions committed mass murder-suicide?
                  Well could be what Hal just said, they nuked themselves into oblivion, you know MAD, mutually assured destruction.

But the angels knew war was coming and told the final 5, who worked to recreate the resurrection technology. Which would seem to imply that it was an external force that nuked Earth.

Comment

Boomer spirited Ellen off the baseship at the end - which implies that the cylons know where the ragtag fleet is sitting, unless she is taking Ellen elsewhere, but Boomer had her old uniform on which supports my supposition. So why has Calvin not jumped all over the Galatica and the rebel baseship?
                    Boomer was at the beginning wearing casual wear, then once the Hub was shown destroyed, she changed into a Cylon Pilot Jumpsuit that you saw the rebel cylons wear in the "Hub" Episode.

But from the Preview
                    Spoiler:
                    It shows that Boomer does take ellen back to the fleet so they might know where they are now.
                    sigpic

Comment

He wants them all together when he kills them? Or he's using Ellen as bait to find the other final 5 cylons so he can learn the resurrection details. Boomer is really still with Cavil and is playing along to get Ellen to feel secure.
                      "Thats O'Neill with TWO L's!"
                      *Jack holds up three fingers*
                      ------------------------------
                      Anubis' Jaffa: "No matter what you've previously endured. You have no idea what Anubis is capable of."
                      Jack: "You ended that sentence with a preposition..... Bastard!"

Comment

Originally posted by MrBojangles View Post
                        He wants them all together when he kills them? Or he's using Ellen as bait to find the other final 5 cylons so he can learn the resurrection details. Boomer is really still with Cavil and is playing along to get Ellen to feel secure.
                        That does sound like something that He would do and something that boomer might support if she truly loves him.
                        sigpic

Comment

He may not want to go after the fleet until he regains resurrection tech. He wouldn't want to die.

Comment

Originally posted by GateTrek View Post
                            Boomer was at the beginning wearing casual wear, then once the Hub was shown destroyed, she changed into a Cylon Pilot Jumpsuit that you saw the rebel cylons wear in the "Hub" Episode.

But from the Preview
                            Spoiler:
                            It shows that Boomer does take ellen back to the fleet so they might know where they are now.
                            Ok. I thought it was her Galactica uniform, but I am thinking you checked it out, which I cannot do. Anyways, my main point remains, which is that it seems like the cylons know where the fleet is parked, so why have they not pursued them, particularly given that Cavil seems so hell bent on his blood quest?
                            ---------------------
                            sigpic
                            Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

Originally posted by Corona View Post
                              Credit where credit is due. PC, John Hodgman, take a bow.
                              John Hodgman gave a talk at the Technology, Entertainment, and Design (TED) conference in Monterey, CA, in February of 2008. This is actually a pretty big deal- among many other people at the top of whatever, Bill Gates recently spoke there, Al Gore showed his face on stage a couple years back, and TED has even been graced by the presence of Stephen Hawking. It's a really remarkable conference, about the only place one can rub shoulders with both the creator of The Simpsons as well as top physicists, astronomers, and biologists.

The linked video lasts 16'40", and it's a pretty neat story Hodgman tells.

I must say, this was a very interesting bit of casting. Hodgman is primarily a 'humorist', not an actor- although from his performance in this episode, I think he can quite easily play the quirkier character types. He certainly sold the role he was playing in this episode.
                              Can ye tell me why th' pirate jokes are so funny?

Because they Arrrrrrr.

Comment

What if figuratively things are moving toward a situation where the '13' Lords of Kobol are essentially re-assembled where the 13 are composed of - Adama/Rosalin, the Significant Six, the Final Five and Kara as the missing model 7? (Again not that the members are the actual Lords of Kobol in person or resurrected, just figuratively the Lords.)
                                The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Working...
                                X