No announcement yet.

Blood On the Scales (414)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think will happen to those ships who were going to go with Zarek/Gaeta? How deep is the hatred for the existing system even with the leaders shot?

There sure is a lot of kissing and making up when the situation calls for hard discipline.

This time there will be no amnesty, Adama said! Yeah right!

Comment

I saved "The Oath" and watched both parts together tonight. Overall, I have to say that I didn't much care for it.

It's a fitting end for Zarek, who I think finally showed his true colors after playing it close to the vest for five years. And it's a fitting end for Gaeta (especially after "The Face of the Enemy"), who has always been a patriot and tried to do the right thing, and has very special reasons for hating Cylons and being convicted that they can never be trusted in any way, shape, or form -- even when they seem to be your best friends.

I saw the execution of the Quorum coming a mile away. This was Zarek's long-awaited power grab, and as soon as he referred to himself as the "President," I figured it wouldn't fly and he'd kill them all.

Most of this 2-parter seemed pretty predictable -- it's like it was a story that had to be told after the fleet's leadership decided to ally with the rebel Cylons. The s### had to hit the fan, and now we can move on and finish the rest of the story. BSG is best when it goes dark and then emerges into the light. This was just brutal ... a constant stream of depression and betrayal and blood, ending with the compulsory turn of the tide and taking back of the CIC.

Realistic, sure. But not entertaining.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
        That low altitude jump on New Caprica, although WAY, WAY cool probably contributed a great deal to the problems.
        Throughout the series (including immediately after the attack on the colonies) Galactica's hull has absorbed several nuke hits. I'm guessing those probably played a bigger part in the stress fractures. Overall though, it's an obvious metaphor for the species at a whole...they're falling apart.

Gaeta went through a ridiculous change of heart to actually launch a coup with Zarek. Zarek never changed, he was always this way but he was kept in check by Adama (s). Gaeta unleashed his madness. Even if he had altruistic intentions, he should have known better than to involve Zarek.
        The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Excellent!!

Bring on the Reckoning! If I were Adama, I'd show no mercy, and waste the lot of traitors, starting with these bonehead marines.

The little touches are what make episodes like this magnificent. Kelly's eleventh hour change of heart, Hot Dog's stalling, the Quorum's defiance...

Roslin's passionate threat to hunt down and annihilate Zarak was brilliant! And if it had gone that way, we all know she would have done it!

Damage to the jump drive chamber is going to leave Galactica stranded and open to attack by Cavill. Also, where is D'anna?

Only BSG and LOST have me whooping and yelling in excitement these days, and both are coming to a close, BSG far sooner... let's enjoy it while it lasts.
          sigpic

Comment

the last 15 minutes were so powerful(Roslin's speech, Tyrol crawling through the engineering room, Adama heading to the CIC, when Gaeta gave up, desperate Zarek in the CIC and Gaeta with Baltar), I was speechless when I was watching it. This show is going to be the best show I've ever seen
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
              I saved "The Oath" and watched both parts together tonight. Overall, I have to say that I didn't much care for it.

It's a fitting end for Zarek, who I think finally showed his true colors after playing it close to the vest for five years. And it's a fitting end for Gaeta (especially after "The Face of the Enemy"), who has always been a patriot and tried to do the right thing, and has very special reasons for hating Cylons and being convicted that they can never be trusted in any way, shape, or form -- even when they seem to be your best friends.

I saw the execution of the Quorum coming a mile away. This was Zarek's long-awaited power grab, and as soon as he referred to himself as the "President," I figured it wouldn't fly and he'd kill them all.

Most of this 2-parter seemed pretty predictable -- it's like it was a story that had to be told after the fleet's leadership decided to ally with the rebel Cylons. The s### had to hit the fan, and now we can move on and finish the rest of the story. BSG is best when it goes dark and then emerges into the light. This was just brutal ... a constant stream of depression and betrayal and blood, ending with the compulsory turn of the tide and taking back of the CIC.

Realistic, sure. But not entertaining.
              The hallowed leader speaks! All hail the Imperious Leader! Listen to his words and know truth and freedom.
              The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

I do believe that Dee's suicide was the final straw which pushed Gaeta over the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                  the last 15 minutes were so powerful(Roslin's speech, Tyrol crawling through the engineering room, Adama heading to the CIC, when Gaeta gave up, desperate Zarek in the CIC and Gaeta with Baltar), I was speechless when I was watching it. This show is going to be the best show I've ever seen
                  I think that I would have liked to have heard her speech sooner in the episode and broadcast over the wireless so that the Quorum and all of the fleet heard what was going on without Z & G being able to stop before she said enough. I

Comment

Originally posted by Corona View Post
                    I do believe that Dee's suicide was the final straw which pushed Gaeta over the edge.
                    Possibly, or maybe Gaeta was already trying to recruit Dee for his mutiny in their final conversation, and that's how he approached the subject.

Although Tom Zarek deserved what he got in the end, I will miss having his character around.

Comment

I finally saw the promo that SPACE aired and when Anders made the comment 'I remember everything...', I couldn't help but think of Alice... "My name is Alice and I remember - EVERYTHING."

The resurrection chamber looks like its a part of a Cylon Basestar. It seems like its different from the others.

Comment

I finally saw the promo that SPACE aired and when Anders made the comment 'I remember everything...', I couldn't help but think of Alice... "My name is Alice and I remember - EVERYTHING."
                        Thank you to g.o.d. for the link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbC4KkAUiL8

Comment

Originally posted by jbreaken View Post
                          Alright, after this preview with Ellen gettin resurrected and stuff... I'm so confused.

The ones who are NOT the final five, do we know if they grow up? Or are they always that specific age? Like, did Sharon grow up with all them? Do we know that? Or were those memories just put into her.

Cuz Ellen grew up just like Tigh did, but now she's gettin resurrected and she's the same age she was when she died???? Confusing.
                          We see them resurrect into adult bodies and Cavil is quite old-looking while the Sixes and Eights are young-looking, so we can assume they just are 'born' as adults with basic knowledge (eg language and specific skills such as piloting, engineering etc). The first Hybrid was being created at the end of the First Cylon War (as seen in Razor) and so Cavil can't be older than 40 years. There's no reason to think their bodies don't grow older until the day that body dies. We also know that one Eight downloaded Athena's memories from one of her resurrections, so this Eight now also remembers Athena's times with Helo, which Helo isn't too comfortable with. This shows that don't need to experience something to remember it, and there's no reason to think that the memory-data can't be edited or manufactured.

Comment

Pardon me, but please provide me with anything that remotely resembles evidence, proof or otherwise documentation that Christ slept with any woman that crossed his path. As RDM mentioned in an interview, Baltar didn't even know Caprica-Six's human name as it was too much information for all practical purposes.
                            I can't provide you with any proof or documentation of Christ existing, although he probably did. Mary Magdelene was supposed to be a prostitute as far as I know, though I can't quote a source for that.

Anyway, Baltar does all the things Christ is alleged to have done, but he's a more developed character - he does things in addition to things Christ 'did'.

Comment

A nice interview with the writer of this ep is here.

It seems like a few scenes were trimmed for time (Baltar on the basestar, Zarek with the quorum, etc). Some last ep too - I don't remember Adama saying "see you soon" to Roslin like in the previouslies. I could have sworn I read that these last 10 eps might run uncut and over an hour on skiffy, guess not? Oh well, there's always the DVDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Corona View Post
                                What do you think will happen to those ships who were going to go with Zarek/Gaeta? How deep is the hatred for the existing system even with the leaders shot?
                                I don't think the ships realised the situation. They wouldn't have known about the bloodshed - they were just scared about having Cylons on their ships installing Cylon tech. Roslin's broadcast probably made them realise exactly what was going on in terms of power struggle, and while they may still object to the Cylon involvement they probably still have loyalty to the legitimate authorities.

Comment

Working...
                                X