No announcement yet.

The Oath (413)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well with the Galactica full of Cylon-haters an attack may be very soon, there is a Cylon Star in the fleet!

Comment

1. Geata is a bleep!

2. Forgot about those Pegasus bleeps!

3. Nice work Starbuck.

4. What the hell are you on with that rant Lee, Tigh had frack all to do with the Colonies getting toasted!

Overall, the rebellion is down to a load of people losing the plot. Will be very interesting to see how this plays out.
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        isn't it notable that the humans behave less humanely than the machines they built?
        Could it be because of their original programming? The humans may have programmed the cylons to not have what could be seen as human flaws, make them more logical and less influenced by emotions, and in doing so made them more 'humane' than their creators.

But then the cylons want to become more human, and if pushed to it they seem to be able to overcome their 'humane' programming at times, like when I think Athena shot that Six she thought was trying to take Hera from her.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post
          ... I would like to see in the next episodes is some attack on th cylons
          Why? The Cylons seem - at the moment especially - to be intent on working with the Humans to try and deal with the whole situation.
          Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

there's one thing to shoot one of your own in defense of something else....its' another to brutalize someone in the name of revenge
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

How do you think Galatica will be taken back?

I really hope the loyal crew storm it with Centurion support!
              I got nothing!

Comment

Centurions retaking Galactica would be a disaster. It's not really going to go down well with the Cylon-haters (most of the Fleet) is it? Sure, it might look cool and might succeed; in the long-term it would come back to bite Rosadama on the ass!
                Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

I was wondering why they didn't touch on the fact that Geata was deceiving his lover the whole time, and had him taken away to the brig without much more than a glance between them.
                  Learn how the Stargate name is being used in a con, and do your part to stop it!

Comment

I'm predicting that the rebellion will be settled by either Roslin and the basestar putting the smackdown, Cavil et al popping up to say hi, or by the people in the fleet actively deciding that they'd rather have Roslin and Adama over Zarek and the rebellion. I think that the latter is least likely, especially since RDM has gone to such lengths to cast democracy in a negative light (the constant fickleness of the quorum, etc).

I really need to watch the webisodes, I have a feeling I've missed a lot of the nuances with Gaeta and those that are rebelling. Racetrack at least looked shocked by what was going to happen to Lee. Seelix had no such response to Anders getting the crap kicked out of him. Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                      I'm predicting that the rebellion will be settled by either Roslin and the basestar putting the smackdown, Cavil et al popping up to say hi, or by the people in the fleet actively deciding that they'd rather have Roslin and Adama over Zarek and the rebellion. I think that the latter is least likely, especially since RDM has gone to such lengths to cast democracy in a negative light (the constant fickleness of the quorum, etc).

I really need to watch the webisodes, I have a feeling I've missed a lot of the nuances with Gaeta and those that are rebelling. Racetrack at least looked shocked by what was going to happen to Lee. Seelix had no such response to Anders getting the crap kicked out of him. Yikes.
                      I'd guess it'll end with some combination of options one and three; unless they do something completely out of left field that I'll never see coming, that is. The baseship will probably be used to threaten the rebels, especially since Gaeta can't access the ship's nuclear weapons and Galactica's in shambles. Also based on the response to the President's interrupted speech, the fleet might just support the Rosalin/Adama leadership after they learn more about Zarek and Gaeta.

I suppose I should get around to watching the webisodes myself... As for the character responses, Lee was Racetrack's superior for a long time, and she probably didn't see the need to kill him. As for the creepy, stalker lady named Seelix...well those adjectives are actually more than enough to explain her behavior. She's definitely a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

Comment

Sorry if someone has brought this up already. Has anyone noticed that this episode has the *slight* feel of that hack movie "Space Mutiny"???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcgzr...eature=related

That movies used original BSG footage and was about the chief engineer (who walked with a cane due to a bum leg) and the security chief trying to take over the ship. The mutiny is defeated by the ships hot dog pilot and the daughter of the captain.

Watching Gaeta limping around reminded of it...

Comment

Originally posted by HorizonSurfer View Post
                          I was wondering why they didn't touch on the fact that Geata was deceiving his lover the whole time, and had him taken away to the brig without much more than a glance between them.
                          Because the storyline between Hoshi and Gaeta didn't evolve until the webisodes and the webisodes were shot after the series finale. It was an after-thought, in other words.

Spoiler:
                          "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
                          ---Bill Adama

Comment

Originally posted by Back40 View Post
                            Because the storyline between Hoshi and Gaeta didn't evolve until the webisodes and the webisodes were shot after the series finale. It was an after-thought, in other words.
                            That's very strange. I don't mean the sequence things were shot, but the events in the weisodes explain Gaeta's "change". Without them it all really comes out of the blue, at least to me anyway. It would seem to be a too much of an intrinsic part of the story we've seen so far this last half season to be an afterthought.
                            Learn how the Stargate name is being used in a con, and do your part to stop it!

Comment

Originally posted by HorizonSurfer View Post
                              That's very strange. I don't mean the sequence things were shot, but the events in the weisodes explain Gaeta's "change". Without them it all really comes out of the blue, at least to me anyway. It would seem to be a too much of an intrinsic part of the story we've seen so far this last half season to be an afterthought.
                              His relationship with the Eight was important in his transformation, but his relationship with Hoshi was more of afterthought. Actually, if you listened to the webisode commentary, the original plan was to use Narcho not Hoshi as Gaeta's boyfriend. The actor who played Narcho was unavailable, so they used Hoshi instead. That might've made a little more sense in the context of these few episodes. Though Gaeta going off the deep end and betraying both his admiral and the man he loves does make for better drama.

Comment

Who wants to bet
                                Spoiler:
                                that Hotdog shoots down the viper sent to blow up Roslin's raptor?
                                These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Working...
                                X