No announcement yet.

Sometimes A Great Notion (411)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think we can really trust anything said about unaired episodes. So far most theories seem to be there to throw us off. I find it annoying, yet at the same time I love it since it gets everyone thinking of crazy possibilities and they go off in wild tangents.
    "Thats O'Neill with TWO L's!"
    *Jack holds up three fingers*
    ------------------------------
    Anubis' Jaffa: "No matter what you've previously endured. You have no idea what Anubis is capable of."
    Jack: "You ended that sentence with a preposition..... Bastard!"

Comment

I honestly think that Dee just off herself because she lost all hope finding Earth as a nuclear wasteland was the last nail for her, and the fact her last night with Lee made her happy, wanting to say with that feeling and not be disappointed again she just took what she thought was the only way out. I could be wrong but that is my thought.
      "I love my insanity because it keeps all the sane people away from me"

Comment

In this episode some of the questions were answered but that leads us with many more.

I am along with others that I didn't see Dee killing herself. I expected Lee to follow Dee in to the quarters.

I was thinking it was Ellen Tigh being the 5th.

I was thinking the same that all of them were Cylons that came from Kobol.

Here is an interesting idea what if the 13 tribes were created by some other alien spieces as an experiment to see what would happen. Then they created there own cylons. (like the movie called the "13th Floor." Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by tech100 View Post
          Here is an interesting idea what if the 13 tribes were created by some other alien spieces as an experiment to see what would happen.
          Sounds like the plot of the Stargate tv shows.
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Dee's death was surprising... Is she a cylon, i really don't know.

Ellen is the fifth... wow, that sold the episode right their as my favorite in the entire series. And the fact that she seems to be the leader of them as well. The whole "We will be reborn" comment she told past Tigh was epic.

My guess is that Humans and Cylons are just separate factions of Homo-saipiens. One group believed in one God, the others believed in Multiple Gods. This led to war and conflict.

Comment

Hi All, first post but I am a HUGE BSG2 fan. I am really loving this new season.

Okay, you all have me thinking. Dee did appear to have some sort of flashback, but not as strong as the "cylons." Right? She was happy then killed herself. Makes no sense right? If as some of you say she did it because she somehow remembered/sensed that she would be resurrected AND (bar with me) that when you are resurrected it's not only you, but you go to this resurrected Earth? Remember, Starbuck the Resurrected saw a beautiful Earth. So, this could explain why Dee was so happy. No? Somehow something like this could tie in - the only way to get to Earth is to die?!?!?!?!

I'm sure they will have more twists and turns for us and frankly this political episode 2 looks silly.

Comment

Me and a friend have been thinking this up. Feel free to add or debunk what you see fit:

What we saw flashbacks to is our future. It is the begging of the infamous/foretold "all this has happened before and will happen again" prophecy. Humans on Earth advance so far to create resurrection technology AND cylon centurions. The Cylons rebel against the humans and nuke the planet. The 13th tribe is the remains of the human race who leave to find a new planet (eventually landing at Kobol and then spreading out to the colonies). The final five are the only humans who resurrected at the original resurrection hubs on earth before all was (thought to be) destroyed. They then leave to find the rest of the humans, eventually finding them in the colonies and joining their society. The resurrection process has side effects (long age or something, haven't figured this out yet). Now the cycle starts anew on the colonies. But this time there are slight variations. The Cylons are the ones who create resurrection technology. The humans are nuked in their timeline quicker than they were on Earth. And now they leave in search of a new home landing on Earth (now playing the part of Kobol) and then they spread out to start the second colonies. When Starbuck crashed on Earth, she resurrected at one of the Earth resurrection hubs. The viper, I'm not to sure of (she found a Viper factory ? )

EDIT: The original Earth resurrection technology was still in development, and the final five all were working on the project, hence why they were the only ones to resurrect.

Edit 2: There is a gene marker or something in the final five (which they all saw they had maybe and discovered when they were creating the resurrection tech?) which Starbuck also possesses (not necessarily artificial, along the lines of how certain people are immune to certain diseases while others aren't. This thing is just a lot rarer.) . Either through a fluke or destiny. Which is why they are the only ones to resurrect on Earth's resurrection hub.

Edit 3: The blood of the skin jobs is more like the blood of the original humans due to humans evolving and/or the skin jobs resurrection technology maybe? That is why they think earth was populated with cylons?

And that's all I have
                Last edited by staknhalo; 16 January 2009, 08:32 PM.

Comment

One more. Maybe this Dead Earth is some kind of giant resurrection "channel" and resurrects everything including itself?

Comment

Just curious, but how did Kara take Anders being a Cylon? Or was it even mentioned at all?

Comment

One thing that realy stood out to me was how Leoben reacted to seeing Kera's dead body in the viper. Almost like he was thinking, oh **** how did she reserect? and that everything he thought he knew about her was now wrong.

Comment

Before I start, I have to say this. I have read every leak, spoiler and what not that has come from the general direction of Ron Moore. With that said.

I don't think that is earth. For the simple fact that in 4x10 and 4x11 there were no bodies of land that was identifiable from space. At least from my perspective. Now granted that did look like the Brookland bridge. But who knows.

WOW Dualla kills herself. I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING! That took me off guard.

Starbuck finding herself (Literally) I did feel I would see, but honestly her corpse looked like it was there for eons, however if you want to get scientific I can see how she could be considered "The harbinger of death". If she showed up from the future, the Space Time rift could cause a massive nuclear blast if it happened in orbit or in the planets atmosphere.

It was disturbing seeing crew of Galactica knocking the crap out of each other. And it was also very disturbing seeing Adama losing it again. But, eh we all hit rock bottom.

There is one question however. With Kara finding herself, does that mean she is a Cylon? If Ellen is a Cylon and Kara is a Cylon then there are 13 Cylons. I am confused!
                        Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
                        End of line.

Comment

Well I've just gone over everything that has transpired in this episode and I still have no idea what is going on. But one thing is for certain, the original colonial cylons are not directly related to the earth "cylons", the newer skin jobs.... probably. This is frustrating. We got way more questions then answers. I have a long standing theory that the human cylons are basically just that, human. Granted not normal humans; genetically tweaked and cybernetically enhanced. And the whole downloading/immortality thing is b.s.. More than likely when a human cylon dies, they really do die, but their memories are downloaded into a clone. Even though the clone has the same memories from the other cylon it's still not the same person. Their immortality is a lie. So if the human "clyons" originated on earth, how the hell do they fit in with and or get mixed up with the toasters? What the frack is going?!anybody think it a tad bit silly that the earth centurions looked exactly like the cylon centurions? Given they only found a head they could have spent a little bit more making the prop look a little bit more unique.

Comment

Originally posted by bfldworker View Post
                            here is one question however. With Kara finding herself, does that mean she is a Cylon? If Ellen is a Cylon and Kara is a Cylon then there are 13 Cylons. I am confused!
                            Well, Dualla supposedly had flashbacks, so that probably meant she was a Cylon. Ellen Tigh is a cylon. Kara Thrace is probably a Cylon.

As I said, this episode was a major mindfrak. It would help though if someone posted a clear concise review, as I have to wait until tomorrow to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                              Well, Dualla supposedly had flashbacks, so that probably meant she was a Cylon. Ellen Tigh is a cylon. Kara Thrace is probably a Cylon.

As I said, this episode was a major mindfrak. It would help though if someone posted a clear concise review, as I have to wait until tomorrow to see it.
                              Yep, definitely a mindfrak. Hopefully we will get more answers than new questions as these final 9 episodes unfold.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Spoiler:
                                In regards to Dee...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0565973/

I wonder

Comment

Working...
                                X