No announcement yet.

Sometimes A Great Notion (411)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well with Ellen being affirmed as the 5th, Kara and possibly Dee, would either be other ancient cylons who went into the same "ressurection project" as the 5, or there is something "spiritual" going on and Kara is the grim reaper incarnate.

I liked how they showed more objects akin to earth as we know it (but at the same time, so did BSG with many other object we use today.) Also, notice how they never showed the moon or the continents as we know them? The Cylons could have come from our Earth (meaning this isn't earth). Or else we are all cylons according to Colonial biological classification... argh, this is so confusing! Yet so good at the same time.

I loved the flashbacks to earth that the 5 had, especially Anders playing All along the watchtower as a song. (further hinting this is our real earth, or takes place after people left our earth for that planet).

Still, some of this is still speculation. I wonder when anyone else will discover who Kara really is?
    Ani Ohev Eretz Yisrael V'Chol Hakavod L'Tzahal.
    -----------------------------------------------
    I support Israel, my home, and my Jewish bretheren fully and with all my heart. I wish everyone I know in Tzahal health and safety!

Is loving the best addition to the Stargate Saga, known as Universe!

Comment

What a great episode. What can I say about all the thing reveal in this episode that I didn't real see coming.
      I didn't expect Kara to find her viper on earth along with her dog tags. That was actually surprising to me, I can also venture a guess on why she lied to Lee about losing the transmittion. The scene of her burning the body was interesting.
      What to say about Dee killing herself that I did not see coming.
      The talk scene between Tigh and the Adama was good, it seems that in some ways they came to an understanding.
      The 13th tribe was a tribe of Cylons, I have to admit that I had really thought about, although I didn't want to believe it but in all honest it made scene. This tribe took a different road after leaving Kobol. Before I always wonder why. Now I think we know the answer.
      The final Cylon, the fifth, Ellen Tigh, I have to admit I was wrong I didn't think it was Tigh wife, well that was shocking to me, I thought it was some one else.
      One last question that I wish could be answer. Who the heck nuked Earth?
      Was it humans or other Cylons, I guess we will find out later in the season.
      "I love my insanity because it keeps all the sane people away from me"

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        another theory....theyre ALL cylons.

but there are two kinds, the ones made by a creator, and the ones the cylons made for themselves

the 5 were made by a creator, the 7 are cylon 2.0

Yeah, when dee cried with jax games in her hand on the beach there when she found it, having a personal flash back, like chief and anders did. She then knew she was a cylon. Kara is also a cylon as we found out. Ellen is a cylon. "This has happened before and will happen again". The 13th tribe were all cyclons. Machine and organic-hybrid cylon's. Obvious blew themselves up. So it leaves me to believe that it is possible that everyone is a cylon perhaps and there really aren't any humans?

TheChosen1

Comment

so we are all cylons.

I got to wondering if this is some dream thing, with one or all of them remembering this Starbucks, viper, could, and I stress could have crashed 2000 years ago, given they found in tact bones near the shoreline. But that also doesn't really explain the transponder, unless it was a recent crash, so it probably was. But it is shaping up to look like everyone is a cylon.

Comment

I'm not sure what to think. Going to have to watch it the 2nd time around to absorb it all.

I'm sorry to see Dee go. I always liked her character and I was leaning toward her being the 5th.

Speaking of the 5th, whats up with Ellen being the 5th? I mean it was somewhat foreshadowed in the first season. So all the inhabitants of Earth were Cylons? That means they came from Kobol. So did Kobol have its own war between Cylon and Human and the 12 tribes went to the Colonies and the 13th went to Earth? Maybe left over humans from Kobol attacked Earth, the 5 flee to the Colonies, have found that humans once again invented Cylons. So the 5th create the skinjobs? and the cycle begins again?

Not sure what to make of Starbuck? If she was Cylon, they would have detected that when she came back. They were able to tell all the skeletons were Cylon. Since Starbuck came back, does that mean Ellen is somewhere on Earth? When Tigh killed her, she beamed back to Earth and was resurrected? Or are there other Cylon's roaming Earth?

Comment

I think the question is. Whom was Leoben expecting to be in the viper?

he seemed pretty damn scared
              this has happened before and will happen again

Comment

Originally posted by chris777 View Post
                so we are all cylons.

I got to wondering if this is some dream thing, with one or all of them remembering this Starbucks, viper, could, and I stress could have crashed 2000 years ago, given they found in tact bones near the shoreline. But that also doesn't really explain the transponder, unless it was a recent crash, so it probably was. But it is shaping up to look like everyone is a cylon.
                So let me get this straight. Dee is a Cylon. Ellen Tigh is a cylon. 4+2=6 7+6=13.

There are currently 13 known models of toasters. This does not compute. Or rather, this is one major mind****.
                http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

follow this theory

kara finds her own corpse, destroys it to keep her origin a secret and herself seen as human

the 7 destroyed earth to hide their own origins. they don't want to admit that they're constructs.

there are two kinds of cylons, those made by a creator that are more human like...and in fact, ARE human, and those made by the humans, which are the 12.

5 of those 12 accept and acknowledge what they are. the other 7 believe that they are different from and better than the humans. but they can't be better than those that created them, teh conundrum drove them to kill their creators(the humans...human type cylons) to hide the truth and allow them to continue to be seen as 'better'

the 7 want to find earth to keep thier secret. the 5 settled in with the general humans because they know that the humans are their key to fixing their planet. the 7 don't want earth fixed.

which is why there's a race to and will be a battle for earth.

we've seen that the 4 lived on earth and have memories of its destruction.

i think when ellen said 'we will be reborn' she was talking about a resurrection station located on earth or a nearby planet/moon. i think that's why dee killed herself because if she's reborn, then she's in that resurrection place and can activate it

the events shown in next week's promo, i think will get interrupted when unexpected people show up

Spoiler:
                  not only cavil and his band of merry robots, but the resurrected cylons, or maybe just dee
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                    So let me get this straight. Dee is a Cylon. Ellen Tigh is a cylon. 4+2=6 7+6=13.

There are currently 13 known models of toasters. This does not compute. Or rather, this is one major mind****.
                    13 colonies... 13 models. Not that much of a stretch.
                    "Thats O'Neill with TWO L's!"
                    *Jack holds up three fingers*
                    ------------------------------
                    Anubis' Jaffa: "No matter what you've previously endured. You have no idea what Anubis is capable of."
                    Jack: "You ended that sentence with a preposition..... Bastard!"

Comment

Originally posted by TheChosen1 View Post
                      Yeah, when dee cried with jax games in her hand on the beach there when she found it, having a personal flash back, like chief and anders did. She then knew she was a cylon. Kara is also a cylon as we found out. Ellen is a cylon. "This has happened before and will happen again". The 13th tribe were all cyclons. Machine and organic-hybrid cylon's. Obvious blew themselves up. So it leaves me to believe that it is possible that everyone is a cylon perhaps and there really aren't any humans?

TheChosen1
                      i think those jacks were dee's children's jacks

i think her dinner with lee was goodbye and her enjoying the last time he'd see her as human and not a toaster

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrBojangles View Post
                        13 colonies... 13 models. Not that much of a stretch.
                        in fact, it makes perfect sense

each toaster had 'children' to lead

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          in fact, it makes perfect sense

each toaster had 'children' to lead
                          But didn't Moore say that there weren't going to be any more than 12 cylons? Granted, with the latest mindfrak we've been thrown, I'm not so sure about anything right now. I guess we were all lied to?
                          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Wow, great episode. BSG came back after the long hiatus very strong. I have no idea where things are headed right now, and I am fine with that. I'll just enjoy the ride.

As for Dee, like most of you, I was shocked. I never thought she would off herself.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                              This does not compute. Or rather, this is one major mind****.
                              nailed it here

Comment

PEOPLE : What did Dee pickup from the sand : multiple little metal thingies..
                                comprendi... anyone ??
                                please put them into context ...

Comment

Working...
                                X