No announcement yet.

Sometimes A Great Notion (411)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{mod snip} anything in support of Dee as a Cylon is a total fabrication. {mod snip}

As for D'Anna, I'm willing to give it until next week before we know if she's definitely going to stay behind. No idea why she kept quiet about Ellen, but that'll likely come up. My hope is that Saul's realization that Ellen is the Fifth will lead to a bit of next week's episode being set on Earth. Hopefully in the ensuing course of events D'Anna will come along.
    Last edited by KatG; 20 January 2009, 10:31 AM. Reason: insulting other members
    Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

Originally posted by TheHomegaMan View Post

As for D'Anna, I'm willing to give it until next week before we know if she's definitely going to stay behind. No idea why she kept quiet about Ellen, but that'll likely come up. My hope is that Saul's realization that Ellen is the Fifth will lead to a bit of next week's episode being set on Earth. Hopefully in the ensuing course of events D'Anna will come along.
      Spoiler:
      The commentary on scifi.com said that they only got the actress who play D'Anna for that episode... she is done

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
        Did we ever find out were that note came from?
        Ron Moore said this about the note in an old interview:

“One plot point that may or may not be resolved on camera is, at the end of the miniseries, who left the note for Adama telling him there are 12 Cylons? Don't despair, though, as Moore said he's always considered it to be Baltar who left the note. Moore described it in the context of the adjacent scene in which Six and Baltar are walking down a corridor and Baltar is contemplating his guilt about playing a part in the human genocide. He expresses a desire to do something good, hence the note.”

http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/blink/20...evealed_to.php

Comment

Suspicion is that Ellen is really just an older #6. Can Tyrol be a young #1??

Perhaps the 7 are copies of some of the original cylons, of which there were billions and only five survive. The 7 were created each from a template of an original cylon. However, the resurrection technology was never quite perfected. Limitations included not being able to RBF (reproduce by fracking), not being able to remember the original template. Perhaps this hole in there psyche caused all manner of psychosis. Eventually it was determined that it was easier to prohibit all thought about their progenitors, thus the programmed restriction about thinking about the final 5.

If fact the terminology "final 5" always bothered me. This theory is consistent with that nomenclature. They are the final 5 cylons that survived after billions and billions(channeling Sagan) were killed in the holocaust 2k y.o.
          Freedom is Slavery. Spending is Stimulus. Hope is Change

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            The intro to 4.0 said "Twelve Cylon Models", followed by "Seven are known" and "Four live in secret" and finally "One will be revealed".
            The intro to seasons 1 and 2 said that the Cylon's "have a plan."

It seems that the intros are only as accurate as the information provided to the people who designed them.
            Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Schrodinger's Cat View Post
              The intro to seasons 1 and 2 said that the Cylon's "have a plan."

It seems that the intros are only as accurate as the information provided to the people who designed them.
              In production:

Battlestar Galactica: The Plan
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Morbius View Post
                isn't it notable that Saul/six can have a child but Saul/ellan did not?
                I don't remember anything that stated that Saul and Ellen ever tried to have children.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  In production:

Battlestar Galactica: The Plan
                  I forgot about that part.

Comment

This interview of Kate Vernon would seem to indicate that Ellen is not an aged 6. She says that #Six was not modeled after Ellen.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/dish-...n_video_940001

Comment

Reading this thread made me realize how many unanswered questions I have about the series at this point. Can't wait to see how it all gets wrapped up and how everything fits together.

What I really want to know is what Kara is supposed to be.
                      sigpic

Comment

Wouldn't Tigh recognize his wife as a young 6 when he first saw her? Or when Six first appeared in the fleet in season 1?

Comment

I've been toying with a new theory over the past day or so.

A pretty common theme in the series is that this has all happened before, it will all happen again.

Now I think that the main characters might represent the 12 Lords of Kobol. Adama is obviously Zeus, Roslin is Hera. Now if you remember from season 2, when they were searching for the Tomb of Athena, the Sharon model pointed out a ledge where Athena threw herself off in despair over what had become of humanity. Dee would fit the Athena archetype as she killed herself over what would become of humanity. I'm not sure what other Lords the main characters would represent yet. Except perhaps Starbuck is the 13th Lord that no one talks about.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                            Wouldn't Tigh recognize his wife as a young 6 when he first saw her? Or when Six first appeared in the fleet in season 1?
                            Very valid points.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i have been scanning for theories from these threads about kobol, caprica, earth, the thirteen colonies, where the five come from, and the seven, where kara fits in, and what the overall history is, etc...

and, if each colony was a different world over spans of thousands of years, then the story arc seems too vast to speculate the intended, written history and how the story shall unfold from it.

but it's tempting...

i hope the crew doesn't linger too long on the emotional fallout of Earth and gets on with the plot, and some answers.

in the meantime, if i'm going to resist speculating, i'm at least going to air my questions, questions everyone else has probably already asked:

why do four of the final five not remember their long past?

kara, as harbinger of death...i thot it meant she lead them to a dead earth, but then she brings it up again in this episode--does this spell doom for galactica and its fleet?

when d'anna witnessed the final five and they were in cloaks of light, did they appear that way just to look cool and supernatural, or was/is there anything more to it? something that has to do with 'the plan' that was thrown at us in the first couple seasons...

there were many hints and implications of prophecy in this show, told thru a book. now that laura is bookburning and baltar is in labcoat, is the story done with the spiritual, religious, and supernatural tones to the show?

when saul tigh first started listening to imaginary music, i thot he lost his marbles. now that he is superimposing ellen on 6, does that mean 6 is a young ellen?

what's baltars relationship with his imaginary #6? it was never answered and they spent a lot of time with it, implying something grand.

a pretty good interview:
                              http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....alla-dee-.html

Comment

Well I have ideas about whats going on but it would take ages to do so.

How did Ellen Tigh get into the fleet, it obvious there is more at work here than is being said. Did Ellen Tigh actually die on Caprica at the airport? How did she get on the rising star when no one claims to have seen her, did she know all along of the attack?

Now what about the theory that Ellen is actually a 6, i think thats correct, sort of, Ellen and 6 have the same personalities, manipulative, highly sexual and strong. I actually think the final five created the 7 cylons. 6 is clearly another version of Ellen, you notice that 6 is the only one we've seen in distinct number of guises, Gina, Nathalie, Caprica, Why is that?. Ellen is the leader of the 5, the same way 6 is actually the strongest of the 7.

Which brings us to what Ellen said in the scene "everything is in place, we will be REBORN" I think they were actually the human Ellen and Saul. That tends to sound like she know the destruction was coming, how? Did she betray that world. We were told the final cylon would climb for the light out of darkness, seeking redemption? For what? what did Ellen do that needs redemption, was she the one who actually betrayed Caprica and not Baltar?

Comment

Working...
                                X